Gangs - Whats your view?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Rikter8, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Recently released to the schools here, a statement that deeply troubles me, and frightens the neighbors.

Flint Michigan has been the murder cap. of the world for a few years. Now, I think Saginaw has surpassed them.

Background info:
    Saginaw has traditionally been a larger town, but mainly quiet, go where you please. The south side has always been troublesome, but it seems now that since there are so many murders on the east and south sides, the trouble has spread out thru the townships, and now starting to become in the quiet outlying areas.

SO now the schools get a report from the Police that "If you see a car driving with its lights off at night, do not flash them. They most likely are gang members, and if you flash them, they will kill everyone in the car that flashes them. Use extreme caution if you see these vehicles".

And then they released another inside tip:
    The Michigan State Police will be launching a massive effort to cut down speeding on I-75. State and County Mounties will be riding in plain white wrappers to cut down on speeding drivers.

SO, Basically, If I haul ass down I-75 with my lights off, Im GOOD to GO!

Now, With the gang activity this high, and reduced police force....wouldn't you want to put your efforts to cracking down on the cars driving without their lights on??

It seems to me they always take the easy route on everything, and prey on the bread-makers that pay the taxes and support their wages.

I don't worry about the gangs, as I protect myself, but Im concerned for the neighbors and young kids in our neighborhoods.

Just a question - How would you react to such a situation?

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Now, Rikter, you can't see a gangmember when his lights are off, don't ya know.

Kinda like a cockroach that knows you can't see him if he's standing still.

3. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Move someplace safer. Like Soweto.

4. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

Being a longtime Los Angeles area resident, I watched the gang members become more visible. I mostly lived in the best zip codes but cruising around you'll see them...and then they started showing up at my beach...all in the surf in big, baggy jeans. Anyway, I hated them and for many years had AK-47 fantasies. I figured it was a solution. Then I got in to Recovery and met plenty of ex-gang members that I was glad didn't get shot by some lunatic who thought like me. I've worked in rehab with youth and the main reason they are joining these gangs is because their parents aren't around. Many are so busy out making money that the kid is completely unsupervised and alone...and goes out and finds a family...and gets "jumped in". Many of my kids went on to live crime-free lives. Many are dead. Now I live in the country and there aren't any gang members here. And it's boring as fuck. I miss the city.

5. GoneA

Gold Member

i, for one, would not flash any cars, lights or otherwise...

6. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

That one's a bona-fide urban legend. Ask any gang member about it and they'll laugh their ass off.

7. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I think that the gang members should all be exterminated. Their mommas should beat them beyond senseless as soon as they see the first signs. Anyone with the gang tattoos should be burned at the stake.

8. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Have you heard about that insidious gang, The Rainbow Ring?

They break into your home when you're away and redecorate it.

9. GoneA

Gold Member

they're also televised: queer eye for the straight guy.

10. Shelby

Gold Member

11. Webster

Webster New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted