gangsta rap invented to encourage black on black crime??

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Interesting facts about Akon...

Isn't true that most of the gangsta rap is purchased by whites?

Gangsta rap all seems like a white fantasy to me... where all of the women are hookers and all of the men are hustlers.

The way that I see it is the civil rights era was like Star Wars
The 70's to now is like the Empire Strikes Back
Get ready for the Black man and woman to rise again... I can feel it!

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Interesting facts about Akon...

Isn't true that most of the gangsta rap is purchased by whites?

Gangsta rap all seems like a white fantasy to me... where all of the women are hookers and all of the men are hustlers.

black people buy into this fantasy as well but some members of this thread seem to conclude that it's only a black problem and ignore the legions of white fans that buy rap cd's, concert tickets, etc....

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
black people buy into this fantasy as well but some members of this thread seem to conclude that it's only a black problem and ignore the legions of white fans that buy rap cd's, concert tickets, etc....

They are fucking DREAMING!!!! It is just another minstrel show and another wall for black folk to climb over... I am not into conspiracies anymore, but Alicia's sentiment was in the right place. I feel in my heart that gangsta rap is not a black invention but a collaborative one designed to make money with a pleasant side effect of the systematic oppression of black youth. that was just a bonus to those who pull the strings... as who they are...

I simply have no idea and haven't done any research into the matter to make a statement on whether or not the CIA was involved. I have always had the good sense not to underestimate the secret clandestine operations perpetrated in the name of "security" for the nation though. Those guys LIVE for shit like this. National security is what they do every day and if someone portrays gangsta rap as somehow being tied to it, then I can see them somehow nudging and massaging the rap industry to go a certain way.

Not too long ago, the FBI and CIA saw black power as being somehow anti-American and infiltrated the their power structure and eventually collapsed it. The black power movement was anti-war and the Vietnam war was VERY important to the industrial military complex... this is how Black Power somehow became anti-American. It was all about fighting the communists those days, with anything getting in the way of the defeat of Communism as being anti-American. Many things were labled anti-American as a result of the red scare that went on for some 85+ years, labor unions being one of them.

Noone knows the extent of the CIA's involvement in gansta music but the CIA and the mafia... I am sure that P Diddy and "Suge" Knoight have an inkling though, but they aren't talking.

I suspect covert involvement in the deaths of Biggy, Tupac and Aaliyah. MLK and Malcolm X were assassinated in the name of national security that is pretty much fact... it was their opposition to the draft and the Vietnam war that got them killed, not their views on segregation or civil rights.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
They are fucking DREAMING!!!! It is just another minstrel show and another wall for black folk to climb over... I am not into conspiracies anymore, but Alicia's sentiment was in the right place. I feel in my heart that gangsta rap is not a black invention but a collaborative one designed to make money with a pleasant side effect of the systematic oppression of black youth. that was just a bonus to those who pull the strings... as who they are...

I simply have no idea and haven't done any research into the matter to make a statement on whether or not the CIA was involved. I have always had the good sense not to underestimate the secret clandestine operations perpetrated in the name of "security" for the nation though. Those guys LIVE for shit like this. National security is what they do every day and if someone portrays gangsta rap as somehow being tied to it, then I can see them somehow nudging and massaging the rap industry to go a certain way.

Not too long ago, the FBI and CIA saw black power as being somehow anti-American and infiltrated the their power structure and eventually collapsed it. The black power movement was anti-war and the Vietnam war was VERY important to the industrial military complex... this is how Black Power somehow became anti-American. It was all about fighting the communists those days, with anything getting in the way of the defeat of Communism as being anti-American. Many things were labled anti-American as a result of the red scare that went on for some 85+ years, labor unions being one of them.

Noone knows the extent of the CIA's involvement in gansta music but the CIA and the mafia... I am sure that P Diddy and "Suge" Knoight have an inkling though, but they aren't talking.

I suspect covert involvement in the deaths of Biggy, Tupac and Aaliyah. MLK and Malcolm X were assassinated in the name of national security that is pretty much fact... it was their opposition to the draft and the Vietnam war that got them killed, not their views on segregation or civil rights.

good point. i doubt the government constructed gangsta rap but to act like they aren't involved in activities detrimental to the black community is ignorant. look at katrina

losangelestim

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
gangsta rap promotes black on black violence... but the c.i.a. didn't invent it, it was black entrepreneurs who developed the market. some of them sons of rich record producers. i don't believe "the man" had anything to do with it except to further it's appeal and popularity. to say that rap, especially gangsta rap is pro-black or pro-black expression, is a con.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I think it was created so annoy people like me. Just how country or opera annoys some people, rap and hiphop are connected to a bundle of nerves in my spine that causes some damage if i hear it.

I noticed all the regular pop/rock radio stations have been taken over by hiphop. I guess they make money catering to the people who enjoy it. I'm sure they also lost a lot of listeners but just not enough.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it was created so annoy people like me. Just how country or opera annoys some people, rap and hiphop are connected to a bundle of nerves in my spine that causes some damage if i hear it.

I used to HATE country music, but after being in the wedding business I have come to appreciate it a bit. It no longer annoys me and I find myself tapping my foot or rockin' along sometimes.

Opera is another matter... it needs to be appreciated and that takes some learnin'... the basic music appreciation courses in any college should acclimate most people to the art, it was all that I needed.

Most all gangsta rap is annoying... some of the classic stuff is cute and I am a bit nostalgic for stuff like NWA and the like. There are some talented rappers out there and some talented producers too... they surely have their place in our American musical canon. People will be listening to Snoop forever, his music will most likely never die.

It is the white women that like gangsta rap that I look at like "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?" :eek:

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
gangsta rap promotes black on black violence... but the c.i.a. didn't invent it, it was black entrepreneurs who developed the market. some of them sons of rich record producers. i don't believe "the man" had anything to do with it except to further it's appeal and popularity. to say that rap, especially gangsta rap is pro-black or pro-black expression, is a con.

white corporate america had their hands in the pot too

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to HATE country music, but after being in the wedding business I have come to appreciate it a bit. It no longer annoys me and I find myself tapping my foot or rockin' along sometimes.

Opera is another matter... it needs to be appreciated and that takes some learnin'... the basic music appreciation courses in any college should acclimate most people to the art, it was all that I needed.

Most all gangsta rap is annoying... some of the classic stuff is cute and I am a bit nostalgic for stuff like NWA and the like. There are some talented rappers out there and some talented producers too... they surely have their place in our American musical canon. People will be listening to Snoop forever, his music will most likely never die.

It is the white women that like gangsta rap that I look at like "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?" :eek:

G Money,

When I get my 40 acres and a lexus you are invited to the party, baby! Bring the Gino!