Garden Photos.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Certainly! I'll buy you a train ticket, if you'll buy Jason and I plane tickets. Sounds perfectly fair to me :biggrin1:

Ummm...I bought this house from haole people I had to gut it. If you book in advance right now the air fares are actually decent (about three train tickets), but Nick and I will meet you at HNL with a lei and a kiss!
Aloha!

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Bird,

I grow mint too... and rosemary, peaches (as mentioned) strawberries, blackberries, black raspberries, golden raspberries, an errant red raspberry, oregano, basil, tomatoes, poppies, dianthus, columbine, sweet peas, morning glories, runner beans, summer squash, chives, sedum... i'm sure there are others i'm missing. I pretty much grow whatever i can find room for, and i'm pretty creative when it comes to finding room :biggrin1:. I'll post more pictures as more things bloom/grow.

Nude:

I like your garden! I especially like the snowy trees in the background. Very pretty!

I grow all of the one I highlited as well. I also grow.
Lavender
Swiss Chard
Sage
Pineapple Sage
Cockscomb :biggrin1:
Dahlia
Primrose
Daylilys
Rose
And alot more but I can not think of them right now. I'll try and get some good photos of stuff in the yard tomorrow and post them.

And it is so great to see so many people that like to garden!

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Very nice! I've always liked the mist flower Eupatoriums better than our native Joe Pye Weed. Alas, your Eupatorium is invasive in my neck of the woods :frown1:

yup! know what a pain that can be

I have Mexican petunias (Ruellia brittoniana) and Phillipine violets (Barleria cristata) growing out of the ying-yang

ScorpioSlut

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thank you for creating this thread and for sharing all of your pictures. I bought my house last year in July and haven't had any time to do any landscaping or gardening yet. It was nice to see the different types of flowers you all grow and it definitely gave me some ideas to work with for when I decide to tackle that project.

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you for creating this thread and for sharing all of your pictures. I bought my house last year in July and haven't had any time to do any landscaping or gardening yet. It was nice to see the different types of flowers you all grow and it definitely gave me some ideas to work with for when I decide to tackle that project.

Ok I do not know about everyone else but I'm very very happy we helped you! *jumps up and down clapping hands*

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Spirea "Bridal Wreath", Ilex vomitoria, Phoenix robelenii, Crinum sp., Juniperus scopulorum ( Wichita Blue Juniper ), Passiflora vitifolia "Red Passion Flower", Diospyros texana (and, if you look closely, above the Juniper, below the Texas persimmon, two limbs from a seedling Araucaria angustifolia)

Attachments

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Chrysactinia mexicana, Verbena bipinniatifida, Salvia sp., Allium sp., miniature rose;

to be planted: Argyranthemum frutescens "Supralight"; Zinnia sp.

Bauhinia sp.;

Attachments

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is why I love this site. We were all lured here by the almighty penis and yet the most fun I have on this site has nothing to do with dicks but with nice people and threads like this one. Daffodils are just starting to poke through the soil. Love my garden, Just 16 by 20 but I pack it full.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Monarch butterflies feeding off the nectar of Eupatorium greggii last October

Nick, I opened your pictures and was prepare to argue with you my friend, but you're right - those are Monarchs. You typically see Queen butterflies on Gregg's mistflower and they look similar to Monarchs so I thought you were mistaken. I should have known better.

I discovered Gregg's mistflower on a trip to the San Antonio Botanical Garden. Covered in butterflies. Nobody there could tell me what it was and I wrote it in my notebook as "tall ageratum" LOL. A year or two later I spotted it on a trip to Austin at the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center. There was a 3x3 patch of it and I counted NINETEEN butterflies on it! In the same courtyard was blue mistflower and it only had one butterfly. Plus the Gregg's is more attractive because it has a fancy cut leaf, while the blue has a smooth edge.

Anyway......the male Queens (know any of those?) use a chemical in the nectar to produce their pheremones so they get more mating partners. If you live in the range of Queens, plants Gregg's mistflower to have tons of butterflies. And yes, Monarchs are the 2nd most frequent visitor. It does spread so give it lots of room or just be prepared to rip out some and give away every so often.

And as long as I've worked sex into the gardening conversation, our gay garden club had a str8 guy in the composting business come out for the program at one of our monthly meetings. He was talking about making compost and why it heats up due to microbial action. "Sex generates heat and there is a lot of sex going on in an active compost pile." He was a major hit with the crowd after that. It didn't hurt that we was pretty hot looking too.

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I live on Long Island in New York (USDA Zone 7) right now, but come June1st, I will be living in Buffalo, NY (USDA Zone 6). I'm leaving the garden behind, but hopefully I'll find a place with something of an empty canvas. My decision to move occurred only a couple months ago, so about the only garden pics I have are a few shots of the front of the house. In the pics titled "Musa Basjoo" you'll see the front of the house with the island bed I planted from scratch. The banana trees here are in their second season, and in front you'll see three big Artemesia in front and a mix of red- and yellow-flowered Celosia (annuals). The bananas can be pruned of leaves and wrapped to allow a trunk to form, or left to the winter to start growing again from the ground. These images are from late summer, and the previous fall I wrapped the trunks, but the babies around them came up on their own.

The other two pics are of blooms from my hardy Passiflora 'Inspiration' which I had climbing up from the two tiny islands at the base of the front steps onto the railing by the front door. I love finding hardy varieties/species of otherwise "tropical" plants to leave the neighbors scratching their heads. If anyone is interested, I have a bunch of links saved for information and ordering a variety of less-common stuff.
:)

Attachments

AquaEyes11010

Expert Member
Media
New Brunswick (New Jersey, United States)
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I live on Long Island in New York (USDA Zone 7) right now, but come June1st, I will be living in Buffalo, NY (USDA Zone 6). I'm leaving the garden behind, but hopefully I'll find a place with something of an empty canvas. My decision to move occurred only a couple months ago, so about the only garden pics I have are a few shots of the front of the house. In the pics titled "Musa Basjoo" you'll see the front of the house with the island bed I planted from scratch. The banana trees here are in their second season, and in front you'll see three big Artemesia in front and a mix of red- and yellow-flowered Celosia (annuals). The bananas can be pruned of leaves and wrapped to allow a trunk to form, or left to the winter to start growing again from the ground. These images are from late summer, and the previous fall I wrapped the trunks, but the babies around them came up on their own.

The other two pics are of blooms from my hardy Passiflora 'Inspiration' which I had climbing up from the two tiny islands at the base of the front steps onto the railing by the front door. I love finding hardy varieties/species of otherwise "tropical" plants to leave the neighbors scratching their heads. If anyone is interested, I have a bunch of links saved for information and ordering a variety of less-common stuff.

Whoops, I could upload only 5 per post, so here's the other pic of the Passiflora.

Attachments

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
gay garden club had a str8 guy in the composting business come out for the program at one of our monthly meetings.

here's a close-up of the leaves

(awhh! you're a member of the Dallas Men's Garden Club?

your website had the most awesome pic of a stud digging, shirtless, and jeans hanging loosely, halfway down his ass

absolutely best crack shot ever

seems to have been removed, couldn't find it last year ...:frown1:
)

(BTW, you're right about the Gregg's mistflower, first year I planted it, had nary a butterfly visitor, and so was thinking of yanking it; since then, it's been a deluge of Monarchs...)

Attachments

Last edited:

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
awhh! you're a member of the Dallas Men's Garden Club?

your website had the most awesome pic of a stud digging, shirtless, and jeans hanging loosely, halfway down his ass

absolutely best crack shot ever

seems to have been removed, couldn't find it last year ...:frown1:)

BTW, you're right about the Gregg's mistflower, first year I planted it, had nary a butterfly visitor, and so was thinking of yanking it; since then, it's been a deluge of Monarchs

No, that's for str8 guys. Not cruisy at all. LOL. I belong to the Rainbow Garden Club. Home Page

I'll bet I saved that pic. I'll look for it. It's kinda hard to have slutty pics on the website and then invite topnotch people to come speak at our programs.

I wonder if the Gregg's mistflower needs a year or two to build up the chemicals the male Queens need? That's why that 3x3 ft. was covered and yours attracts more attention the bigger it gets. (Ahem)