Garden Photos.

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I took these today. Our yard looks very.....blah in the early spring but once all danger of frost is gone I will be putting out my EE and Canna. I have two 30 gallon trash bags full of canna :l I need more room............. Any way enjoy!

Attachments

RICKY_27

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I took these today. Our yard looks very.....blah in the early spring but once all danger of frost is gone I will be putting out my EE and Canna. I have two 30 gallon trash bags full of canna :l I need more room............. Any way enjoy!

The word "THANKS" is really NOT adequate to express our appreciation to you for starting this thread, showing all your beautiful garden photos and encouraging others to do the same.

I don't have a garden coz I live in an apartment BUT I really enjoy seeing your garden and the gardens of all others who are sharing their photos.

C O N G R A T S and much thanks for sharing your creative genius!

RICKY_27

This is why I love this site. We were all lured here by the almighty penis and yet the most fun I have on this site has nothing to do with dicks but with nice people and threads like this one. Daffodils are just starting to poke through the soil. Love my garden, Just 16 by 20 but I pack it full.

Yeh, me too. Used to come in here to look at the show off threads, etc - but spend most of me time now on the et cetera forum or playin games, lol.

Here's a pic of me back garden. Not very big cos the house is set back next to the cliff in a small quarry.

PS: That butterfly pic chilled me right out :biggrin1:.

Attachments

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here's a pic of me back garden. Not very big cos the house is set back next to the cliff in a small quarry.

love rock formations as part of the garden, which is why I spend most of my time here in Texas, and the Rocky Mountains west to Hawaii

my place in Hawaii had this canyon behind it (or "valley" as the locals called it) that was very scenic, precisely because of the interplay of plants growing through, and around the rock (and, of course, the birds)

anywhere I decide to settle down into, will have to have a small cliff or cliffs, either natural or man-made

marvelous garden and photo

love rock formations as part of the garden, which is why I spend most of my time here in Texas, and the Rocky Mountains west to Hawaii

my place in Hawaii had this canyon behind it (or "valley" as the locals called it) that was very scenic, precisely because of the interplay of plants growing through, and around the rock (and, of course, the birds)

anywhere I decide to settle down into, will have to have a small cliff or cliffs, either natural or man-made

marvelous garden and photo

Thanks man! The place in Hawaii sounds cool, dude.

I love rocks in a garden too - found it really exciting when we first moved here, heh. Quite hard to get stuff to grow in the back tho - really alkaline cos it's limestone, and shady too. Ferns love it tho, and dicentras, bluebells n heathers and things. Quite like woodlandy stuff tho, so it suits me. :D

Pics from January. Not many flowers yet here, so no springpics at the moment.

Lovely garden man!

Lucky git getting so much snow too, lol - think we were the only place in the UK to get hardly any, bah. :mad:

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This thread is a fine idea--thanks, BirdinMo and MickeyLee...!!!

Spring is pretty well advanced here now, but the dogwoods are a little slow to reach their full blossom; jonquils have been plentiful. I keep a good variety of flowers in beds and pots in the immediate yard and house: roses, peonies, camellias, hyacinths, columbine, Christmas cactus, portulaca, pansies, amaryllis, miniature lilies, airplane plant, hibiscus, bougainvillea, and a number of others. But what I like most is keeping my woods in a close-to-natural state, nurturing many indigenous plants and placing innocuous non-natives at strategic points.

(1) Grassy area with iris (and dogs).
(2) Yellow trillium.
(3) Night-blooming cereus.

Attachments

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love all the photos people! Keep it up! I do not have pictures yet but I bought a Chocolate Mint (Smells like peppermint patties!) a "Hen and chicks~cobweb" and a moneywort.

Here are three more photos in addition to the post just above (i.e., continued from Link #50):

(4) Branch of redbud.
(5) Rock garden site after trillium and wild pinks stop blooming.
(6) Patch of mayapples.

That garden is amazing! :eek:

Love woodland stuff, me. Columbines out here now, too - so are grape hyacinths, daffs, etc. Plus wild currant (Ribes) which looks cool but smells disgusting. :D

D'you have acid soil for the camellias - or do they just grow ok anyway? Very limey here (apt. haha).

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
BirdinMo: I also have hen & chicks--but don't know the "cobweb" part...? Also plain mint, but never heard of chocolate (color as well as scent?)--will look for it at nurseries. Not sure about moneywort--have moneyplant (Peter's Pence), but pretty sure that's not the same thing...?

Joll: Wild currant sounds interesting (except for what you say about the odor!)--related to edible currants? No heather there yet? Woodland areas are acidic, though as you can see from rock-garden site, much limestone in certain areas (best, or maybe worst?) of both worlds. Grape hyacinths growing wild, too. Speaking of grape, haven't had the heart to cut the ancient, arm-thick wild grapevines out of trees here and there--too jungle-y and fascinating. ~~ Your cliff-garden is awesomely dramatic--wish there were more photos of it. When you said you lived on the coast, I didn't know you meant quite literally...!

Last edited:

BirdinMo: I also have hen & chicks--but don't know the "cobweb" part...? Also plain mint, but never heard of chocolate (color as well as scent?)--will look for it at nurseries. Not sure about moneywort--have moneyplant (Peter's Pence), but pretty sure that's not the same thing...?

Joll: Wild currant sounds interesting (except for what you say about the odor!)--related to edible currants? No heather there yet? Woodland areas are acidic, though as you can see from rock-garden site, much limestone in certain areas (best, or maybe worst?) of both worlds. Grape hyacinths growing wild, too. Speaking of grape, haven't had the heart to cut the ancient, arm-thick wild grapevines out of trees here and there--too jungle-y and fascinating. ~~ Your cliff-garden is awesomely dramatic--wish there were more photos of it. When you said you lived on the coast, I didn't know you meant quite literally...!

Thanks man! I think our soil here is so alkaline because of all the limestone. House is built in an old limestone quarry ysee (used to make curling stones lol. There's loads of planters round here leftover from the quarrying, which are just square blocks of stone with the middle cut out for the curling stone lol).

Have no luck growing azaleas and suchlike here (got one in a pot tho - and a pieris). Loads of woodland guff tho - ferns, heathers (just coming out :wink:) polypodae, etc. Cool because funky jungly stuff is what i like - and native stuff (foxgloves,etc).

Live about 1/2 mile from the coast - can see the sea from me window :p

PS: It was Flowering Currant - not Wild Currant - I got it wrong, lol. http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...v=/images?q=flowering+currant&hl=en&sa=N&um=1

Last edited by a moderator:

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

My hen and chicks are Sempervivum Arachnoideum. My golden moneywork is Lysimachia Nummularia.
Chocolate mint is starting to become easy to find now. It has dark green leaves and a brown-ish color stem. You will be able to tell if it is chocolate mint or not by brushing it them smelling it, it has a deffinent Peppermint Patti smell.
I love my hen and chicks, I have looked every place for this kind and could never find them untill the other day. I only bought 1 plant though, might have to go buy like 3 more. LOL

Took a pic out me window this morning - you can't see the water all that easily, but the coastline is visible :p

Birdin Mo' - Lysimachia is cool! Thought you were both talking about poultry when you mentioned hen and chicks lol :rolleyes:

Quercusone - Looks cool man - nice and relaxing. Do those copper canyon daisies grow naturally round your way?

Attachments

quercusone

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Quercusone - Looks cool man - nice and relaxing. Do those copper canyon daisies grow naturally round your way?

They are native to south Texas and the Copper Canyon areas of Mexico. But they do great here in Dallas. I never water anything I plant and considering it will be 100 degrees (38 C) for 3 months, it takes a tough species. I plant natives almost exclusively.