Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I once did it with one of the top baseball heroes in my neck of the woods. Truly a gorgeous hunk of man, but he wasn't much fun because he could not relax and enjoy it because of his internal homophobia ( which he admitted to me). He commented on how ultra homophobic the NBA is. He had to constantly be reiterating how many women come up and throw themselves at him in bars, etc. Sports will be one of the last frontiers for stars to come out. Gareth is a huge step forward in this direction. This is on par with a Hollywood leading man coming out. I am not aware of any other currently active team sports star being out.

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Good for him. So few honest sportsmen about. Being the only gay in the Welsh Rugby Squad ............... (for the Little Britain fans )

Great to hear this.

Agree with Capitolhillguy that pro sports will be the last frontier for stars to be open about their sexuality. This is a very big chink in that facade.

Aussie footballers have been very proactive with PSA's aimed at eliminating homophobia in sports, but not so the Brits .....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/two-top-gay-footballers-stay-in-closet-1845787.html

ukthickmeat

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Here's the whole coming-out story from today's Daily Mail. It's an excellent read with some great pics.

Since i hate the daily mail for their homophobia i wont be clicking the above link anytime soon...

they push people around with their outdated and minority based opnions..

As for Gareth hes great.. and best of luck to him.. nice tattoos too :)

GoldenMercury2002

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i feel as though he is such an inspiration. people are sooo closed minded these days. It's sad that people have to think about suicide just because society can't see people for who they are. There are some good people out there, like my friends, that have accepted me for me, but there are still people that are so obnoxious. That's exactly why i haven't completely come out. I'm glad that he can finally be himself; i hope one day i can be the same.

Arieloz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
'My life seemed to be falling apart. Jemma and I were splitting up, and I was scared of the future and being single again as a gay man,' says Gareth, 35

Oh boy I couldnt imagine this guy being single for more than a minute.

WOOF

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Here's the whole coming-out story from today's Daily Mail. It's an excellent read with some great pics.

]Rugby | Mail Online

WOW, that was anamazing story. So touching and honest . Thank you for sharing !

I especially love when he said this ;

Also, a big supporter of the NSPCC, he doesn't want desperate young people confused over their sexuality, or worried about any other issue, to suffer in silence, as he did for almost 20 years, too terrified to tell anyone.
The number of boys calling ChildLine about their sexuality has increased to 3,500 a year.

I praise him for this. I wish more celebs and people of power would see what a value this can be to a young girl/boy confused about their sexuality and how comforting and supportive it is to see their idols and superstars being so relatable to them.I know many people claim they don't owe them anything but when you have your fame and success thx to fans like those I beg to differ.
I have many friends some you would know in an instant and some I bet you've never heard of that I wish would come out b/c of the good it would do. Most don't come out b/c of their career, then others like Seacrest, Cowell, Usher and Timberlake b/c of their mothers. I think if they can save the life of one teen who looks up to them and sees that he/she is NOT a freak it is worth it. I am all for outing celebs b/c nothing will ever change without the voices for change behind it. I don't out the ones I know cause they are friends of mine, out of respect and I care deeply for them as well .

HH

Crugsy

1st Like
Media
Anyone got any pics of Gareth Thomas, the rugby star that recently came out.

Especially any cock pics!!:smile: