Gas Prices!

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
have you noticed that gas is way less expensive in OC than in LA? when i was working in OC a few months ago i did my best to fill up my tank before driving back to LA. the gas stations by my job were always like 10-20 cents less expensive than the gas stations by my house. i may sound like a cheap-ass here, but every penny counts.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
have you noticed that gas is way less expensive in OC than in LA? when i was working in OC a few months ago i did my best to fill up my tank before driving back to LA. the gas stations by my job were always like 10-20 cents less expensive than the gas stations by my house. i may sound like a cheap-ass here, but every penny counts.

Not if going out of your way negates the money you save. :tongue: But you'd haver to figure out how much much you "spend" from your home to the gas station. Luckily the best deal within like 40 miles is very close to my house (granted it is Arco and I've heard they dilute their gas, so who knows if I'm actually saving money!)

Oh and the price fluctuation may be simply just that there is more demand for it in LA.

Last edited:
Media
For me, the gas station is right by the on ramp to the freeway. That's about as cost effective as you can get. I don't buy gas in LA because the average price is higher. As for diluting the gas, they are all making money at our expense and the only ones to show a profit. So you do the best you can.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Stacy how did you change your name on here?

Ask an admin.

Luckily my care gets pretty decent gas mileage, like 34-35 highway. I don't mind the dilution so much because I'm hoping for an alternate energy source. Hopefully we find something else for ethanol, because corn just isn't cost effective or efficient enough. (Corn yields a net gain of .1 units of energy)

chiefone4u

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Up here in northern California... a small town by the name of Burney- USA Petroleum is charging $4.379 for the cheapest stuff they sell, Chevron is charging $4.459 for their cheapest stuff, Exxon is holding steady at $4.399 for their cheapest, and deisel at Exxon is $5.199 @ Shell they want $5.499 a gallon for deisel (these prices were accurate as of 5pm PST June 4, 2008).