Gas trickle.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Thoraxis_Biggulp, Aug 6, 2008.

1. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

Are gas prices ticking down in your area, too? Here, they've gone down over 20 cents in just over a week. My usual stop on the way to work has it at $3.66/gal now. This is the longest I've seen it go down and stay down in as long as I can clearly recall.

2. lucky8

Gold Member

Fuck ya, $120 a barrel it better be comin down, price of oil has dropped something like 20 days in a row now

3. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

I haven't been keeping track, is $120 lower than what's become the norm?

4. lucky8

Gold Member

Well it's been hovering between $130 and $145 recently. Let's just hope it's starting to balance out, although I'm betting it will hit $140 a barrel again by mid-Sept.

5. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Oil is down to $117 a barrel. Gas prices will come down more than we have seen in the last few weeks simply by the demand for it being less.

6. bigmoochie

bigmoochie New Member

Albums:
    Where I live in Cali it's still $3.95 at the cheapest place I can find. I'm drivin' a whole lot less these days.

7. lucky8

Gold Member

5-10% more decrease before it bottoms out

8. Captain Elephant

Captain Elephant Active Member

Albums:
    Yeah, here in Central Florida it's around 3.66 a gallon. Ain't that some shit, though. We'll be "happy" when it hits $3.50!

A year ago would you have been happy to pay $3.50 a gallon?

9. lucky8

Gold Member

Hey it's $3.51 here...

10. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    Guys... It's like this analogy.

Imagine a Road cone shoved deep in your ass...and slowly being taken out. You are still getting screwed hardcore by the gas companies...just not as bad at the moment till they shove it back in base deep and slowly lower it again.

Sad thing is...people with the larger suv's , sports cars and such are hurting hardcore. Lots of car lots wont even take these cars as trade in because they cannot sell them and are overstocked with what they did take as trades.

OH!!! I just read the new Camaro is being released with possibly a 4 cylinder engine too... I mean..thats like taking a horse to a stud farm and cutting its balls off when you get there!!! soo sad...

rambling over...

11. Principessa

Gold Member

It's down to $3.72 for regular and $4.05 for super in my neck of the woods. I suppose that's okay. :rolleyes: I might stop griping when it gets back down to $2.00 a gallon for regular. Yes, I know it's a pipe dream but hey, what else have I got?:tongue:

12. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    mmmmm pipe dreams.... Stop trying to change the subject!!!! :)

13. hockeyguy741

Gold Member

Albums:
    just filled up today it's 1.429 a liter here

14. transformer_99

Gold Member

They told us where they were going to price it. They hammered us hard with that over the summer. Now comes the annual drive to save "Retail Christmas", and that'll entail lower prices as incentives for travel over the last quarter of the year. It just won't be as low as what it's been holiday seasons past. Recent years, highs for gas was $ 3/gallon here for me, the holidays, it would drop to $ 2.35/gallon or so. This year they pushed highs for what I paid around $ 4.25/gallon, I suspect over the holidays later this year to be around $ 3.50 or so.

From those I've talked with (and this is in the last few days), when the first tank @ $ 3.87/gallon went into our cars, so many of us felt like that was such a bargain/relief. The last tank before the $ 3.87/gallon tankful was 20 gallons at $ 4.07/gallon.

15. uncut1234

uncut1234 New Member

down? at this point does it even matter haha
    but yea its been dropping slowly around here too, i paid 3.75 for regular lastnight, untill its $2 or less, dont talk about it please!
    funny to even say that actually, $2 for a gallon of gas used to be ludicrous , now we only hope to pay $2... sad

16. D_one and done

D_one and done New Member

i remember the days of .98/gallon gas. of course i wasnt driving back then lol

17. transformer_99

Gold Member

Not really, seeing how just in February 2008 it was about $ 3/gallon for 87 octane in Miami, FL.

Draft saved Draft deleted