Gay, 40+ Hung and Black! Let's TALK

BuckyD

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hey guys.

How is everybody, I haven't done a great job of keeping this thread engaged so I apologize for that. Although, anybody can start a topic to get this page moving again.

Here's a loose topic though, because I've been thinking a lot lately about the 2000's. I was weird because I was halfway in my "down low" phase but also going out and hooking up. Basically I wasn't FULLY committed to the "community".

I want to know what are things you love and miss about being gay in the 2000's vs today.

One thing I can say is that I miss how gays weren't so pressed about looking a certain way in pics. We didn't have smartphones with HD capable pics. We didn't have filters or photoshop (at least not as easily accessible as it is now). I feel like today there's a pressure to look "gay perfect" when I don't feel like that was ever a thing back than. I could be wrong.

I also miss DANCING lol!! I feel like people don't dance in the gay clubs anymore. Again, I could be wrong.

But YES please share your 2000's experiences with me. There's obviously a lot of things that are negative about living in that time, but this is trying to highlight the positive!

Me and my BF really miss the gay dance clubs since the pandemic too. Around here they never really came back :(