Gay Ads

Why does the rest of the western world seem more accepting of gay advertising than America? I just saw this series of gay ads posted by someone on YouTube and they're a revelation. I've never seen any of them on American TV except the jeans ad but in the US version, the guy in the phone booth was replaced by a girl.

Take a look and see how gay ads are done around the world.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
Why does the rest of the western world seem more accepting of gay advertising than America? I just saw this series of gay ads posted by someone on YouTube and they're a revelation. I've never seen any of them on American TV except the jeans ad but in the US version, the guy in the phone booth was replaced by a girl.

Take a look and see how gay ads are done around the world.
I actually liked that ad. It basically said that MTV doesn't care what/who you do as long as you are safe. It's a great message.:smile:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow those really are a find. As progressive as we like to think we are here in the US we're also at the same time so prudish. That's why for some god forsaken reason it's such a big deal anytime a penis is seen in a feature film.

unique_exposure

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I remember some clever gay-oriented ads on MTV in the 90's, but nothing as outspoken as that youtube one.

The IKEA ads floating arpound are great and couple of these are really brilliant. I hope we loosen up, it'd be great to see these on TV.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've seen the jeans commercial w/ the 2 guys here in the US...
In fact, I've seen a few commercials w/ gay couples in them...
IKEA & Target come to mind immediately...