Gay and Blind?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Mr_Bulldog, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Mr_Bulldog

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    A friend of an aquaintence made a joke to one of hos buddies the other day about a blind gay guy and a straight deaf guy. Suffice it to say I didn't find it allow that funny nor do I remember the joke very well but it did force me to ponder the question: "Are there gay/lesbian blind people?"

Because of the numbers of people out there I'm sure there must be a couple but ive never encountered them. Or any hard of hearing ones as well. I'm just curious if anyone else has encountered them through their travels or knows anyone that is.

I mean no disrespect to the people who do bear sight or hearing impairment it's just a curiosity I have.

2. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Yes, I know a gay blind person. I'm sure there are gay deaf people, too.

3. D_Jacqueline_Boozann

Albums:
    Personally, I've never met a gay, blind person...I'm sure there are some in Albuquerque.

They've a Blind School here...and there are some very talented persons, hard-working, attending that school.

It never ceases to amaze me: blind people can get up, get dressed, and go to work, proudly, and those with eyesight, are often complaining..."I can't find a job..or, I don't want to work." Worst yet, looking for some woman to take care of them.

I bet the sighted people wouldn't want to trade positions, would they?

4. Mr_Bulldog

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That's the thing I'm actually friends with a guy who lost his sight when he was 10 and he told he'd never consider a gay blind person it really made him ponder. He's a great guy and wrestler

5. Charles Finn

Gold Member

Albums:
    yes we are everywhere sight and hearing impared

6. D_CountdeGrandePinja

D_CountdeGrandePinja Account Disabled

There's a gay man who is a member of the gym - quite an attractive man - local gay paper did an article on him.

BTW - U look great!

7. gwmasiahk

gwmasiahk Member

Have met many hearing impaired and deaf gay Asian guys here in Asia, have never met any blind guys at all. Many blind Asian guys become professional masseurs, I'm sure that some of them are likely to be gay.

8. 7inchbliss

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

I used to have a guy that lived next to me that was either deaf or mute I can't quite recall sadly atm and gay. I never saw him with another guy but you could kinda tell. He had a heart of gold though and I hope where ever he is he's doing well.

9. houtx48

Gold Member

What do physical disabilities have to do with being gay or not? I know a couple of deal but not any blind gay people. I know some str8 people that are brain dead, sexuality has little to do with it.

10. 1kmb1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i dont know, i dont normally ask people if they're gay.

probably.

11. Mr_Bulldog

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Disabilities have nothing to do about it. I was just curious if anyone knew anybody that was

12. distance

distance Member

Strangely, it seems like there are a HUGE number of deaf gay guys. I do know of some blind guys, too...there's a blind, gay masseur here in Palm Springs!

13. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    I imagine it would be quite possible, there are many.No reason why not
    Also its possible some blind folk may find the Gay lifestyle an alternative.
    Not saying theyre taking the supposed 'option' of being Gay, but from the several i have worked with, one in particular intimated to me his lack of motivation certainly had him atuned to preferred male company.'
    Sexual i know not, was not that inquisitive re his personal life.
    Admittedly in the 70s, when services for the blind were not as good as now.

14. lvsxy808

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm not sure why anyone would think there aren't deaf or blind gay people. Of course there are, why wouldn't there be?

Anyway, I'm not deaf myself but I used to study sign language at night school. While I was the only gay one in my class, at their social events I spotted at least two others. My sign language abilities were limited but sufficient to allow me to pick up a very cute deaf gay boy in a bar in Manchester. I think he was just impressed that anyone would actually try to strike up a conversation with him.

15. Mr_Bulldog

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm not saysing there wouldn't be any I was just curious as to the rarity or if it was common

16. D_Dick_Jagger

D_Dick_Jagger Account Disabled

I had a legally blind lesbian roommate. I can't recall what her condition was. I remember it was degenerative, and she was officially night blind, had no peripherial vision, and was losing her center field of vision.

Really nice lady. Last I heard she had married her sighted partner of nearly 16 years.

Haven't personally known any hearing impaired gays or lesbians, though I do have a lot of Deaf friends.

17. mickstl

mickstl New Member

Albums:
    I'm sure whatever proportion of the general population is blind or deaf, would apply to the gay and lesbian segment.

18. B_jdunhill

B_jdunhill New Member

19. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    news to me. I thought we are all perfect and the chosen.

20. Otep

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I haven't met any gay and blind people but I've met a fair number of gay and deaf people. Oddly enough I've always found being deaf a really attractive feature. It'd be awesome to date someone who I could have conversations with without anyone around us knowing what we're saying.

I guess that also comes from the fact that I like people who speak other languages in general. I've always wanted to learn ASL or learn how to sign English but never had the opportunity. Maybe I need a deaf friend for motivation.

Draft saved Draft deleted