Gay and Blind?

concupisys

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i don't know of any gay blind people, but i do know of a gay man who is going blind: ME!!!

i was diagnosed with glaucoma at age 26, and now at 32 it is considered advanced.... i am 95% blind in my left eye, and about 50% blind in my right.... eventually my retinas will detach from my optic nerves and the world will go dark....

i'm guessing that's why i'm so in to things like fur and deep voices on guys.... i figure if i won't know if they're nice to look at, then at least they will sound and feel sexy to the touch....

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I can't say I know any gay blind people, but most of my contact with blind people is in a business setting, so it's not a subject that tends to come up. As for gay deaf people, according to one of my deaf friends, there seems to be a higher proportion of gay deaf men than you'd expect, but apparently there are fewer deaf lesbians.

Concupisyis, my heart goes out to you. I can sort of understand how you may feel, as I've worked with people who have lost their hearing or sight. I hope you've got a good support network and some good friends around you. It sounds like you've got a positive attitude, which really makes a difference. One of my clients went totally blind in his early 20s (retinitis pigmentosa), but has never let that hold him back. He's run over 100 marathons, cycled from London to Paris (tandem), has done a tandem parachute jump, enjoys abseilling (rappeling if you're on the left side of the pond), is a published author and runs his own company. He and his wife (who is also registered blind) put me to shame.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
A person's sexuality isn't based on an ability or inability to see or hear or whether they have other physical impairments.

Several years ago I had a roommate that believed handicapped people had no sexual desires.

Otep

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
A person's sexuality isn't based on an ability or inability to see or hear or whether they have other physical impairments.

Several years ago I had a roommate that believed handicapped people had no sexual desires.

They are people, too -- rather courageous.

I don't think anyone is arguing that they aren't people or that sexuality is based on ability/inability to see or hear. It's just a curiosity about the incidence of the combination.

I don't think anyone is arguing that they aren't people or that sexuality is based on ability/inability to see or hear. It's just a curiosity about the incidence of the combination.

Thank you that was precisely my meaning it was only a curiosity to the combination. I by no means was questioning anyone's ability to feel.