"Gay" as a bad word

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
so your saying we shouldn't use the word retard
Fire retardant.
Security software retards the ability for someone to access your computer.
That guy drives like he's retarded.

Retarded was an indication of not dealing effectively with the world. sure someone can go to websters and do a cut and paste here.

My point our society is way to PC and is over run with special interests and frankly, that's retarded.

Then, if something is viewed as good, we won't allow it. God forbid someone say a prayer in school or in a gov't building.

So what if gay is used in the negative. You want to go back to the way it was when gay was the love that dare not speak it's name.

No way will the gay community ever get total acceptance, it's just not gonna happen. The flaming gays are the coloreds of yesteryear except they have better fashion sense and a bus pass :)

My, what a wit you are, no really, your view makes perfect sense and is in no way highly offensive. Well, as frighteningly antiquated as your opinion is, i do respect you have the right to express it.

Firstly, yes, things can have retardant qualities, a chair may be flame retardant but it's not a word used to describe people in the merry old year 2008. We are in 2008 and not 1958, I think it's clear you need to both mourn and accept that fact before I continue.

Secondly, the spectrum of mental disability is extremely broad from the very minor to the very severe and by your measure, all would be 'labelled' as retards for your convenience, clearly because educating yourself to an individual’s plight is simply too much like learning, empathy and hard work to be arsed with.

Furthermore, be they homosexuals, black folk, Jewish, whatever, 'these people' as you so shallowly put it are not a demonised minority seeking to destroy your way of life, as sheltered as that appears to be; they are the diversity of the majority. WE are part of the whole, like it or not, THAT'S what's never going to change! All seek exactly the same level of respect, courtesy, acceptance and understand as any peoples on Earth, including yourself.

Allow me to provide you with a hypothetical analogy that might help you see the point of familiar yet derogatory words.

Take the phrase 'elderly gentleman' then take a word of unrelated yet offensive connotation, say the word, 'cunt'. Both are unrelated and have independent meaning.

Now say a section of common place society evolves the word 'cunt' to have direct reference to 'elderly gentlemen'. So in essence 'cunt' means 'elderly gentlemen'.

Now say by virtue of your gender and age you are indeed an elderly gentleman. How would you feel and what would you think if upon entering a shop, the shop assistant greeted you with, 'Good morning cunt, how may I help you?', while walking down the street, a young family ask their daughter on her bike, 'Darling, please don’t ride your bike so close to the cunt there.'

Then, bam, before you know it, a whole section of society, that of elderly gentleman becomes one of these dammed 'minorities' and are now commonly separated, labelled, segregate, even subjected to being known as 'cunts'.

I hope this hypothetical point has shed a degree of light on the argument of 'harmless' words with modern derogatory meaning.

And to an elderly gentleman such as yourself, i bid you... good day.

B_Bette

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
"Gay," in the 80's sense, which I still use, means more like corny. "Omigod you're so gay." "Omigod you think Jason Bateman is hot? That's so gay."

PS - Jason Bateman is hot NOW.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC-- you're just not open minded enough. You need to starting thinking outside the box and learn to respect our differences. :rolleyes:
Right, my brother. I was over-reacting. Of course, you and I know that using "gay" to mean "corny" or "lame" is fine, because everyone knows that it's not offensive to gays. Hey, even David Duke does this kind of thing. We all know that when he says "nigger," he just means it kinda like "bud" or "dude." AfAms shouldn't be offended, should they?

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Right, my brother. I was over-reacting. Of course, you and I know that using "gay" to mean "corny" or "lame" is fine, because everyone knows that it's not offensive to gays. Hey, even David Duke does this kind of thing. We all know that when he says "nigger," he just means it kinda like "bud" or "dude." AfAms shouldn't be offended, should they?

lol, very good.

*pup cautiously approaches DC wondering if he'll scratch his ears.*

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

HAHA. Of course not--I am sure David means that in the NICEST way possible. :rolleyes:

It's amazing that people can think that saying "That's SO GAY!!" would not be offensive.

It's not unlike telling a guy that he is acting "like a girl or a pussy" or when a co-worker (years ago) accused a white buddy of liking "nigger music" because he listened to hip hop.

(not that I expect many to understand that).
Has pup had all his shots? Wouldn't want you to lose your distemper with me!:biggrin1:

Can we share him? In your dungeon? WOOOF!

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Who or what is a puck and what the hell is a dungeon?

I just wanted my ears sratched.

*Pup sculks away to a corner.*

DC has a playroom in his house that I call his dungeon: among its contents are 2 slings, mirrors, leather, nipple clamps, a stockade and more.

Puck is a hot boy that comes to visit from time to time--YUM!

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
DC has a playroom in his house that I call his dungeon: among its contents are 2 slings, mirrors, leather, nipple clamps, a stockade and more.

Puck is a hot boy that comes to visit from time to time--YUM!

Wow...

Thats sounds kinda advanced for this pup, although im flattered at the prospect, lol.

I was just after a bit of ear scratching.

thk8plus4u

Sexy Member
Media
Best example so far was the one about substituting LATINO for GAY...

I hate that shirt! It's so LATINO! (or BLACK, or LESBIAN)...

You can't escape it, people. You're using GAY as a negative.

GAY is a very positive word -- As the world grows wiser (and it
seems to be taking forever), we'll all discover: GAY is GOOD.

Get with it, kids. It's the year 2008. You've got to drop RETARDED,
the N____ word, and GAY as negatives. TOTALLY OFFENSIVE. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK (rarely done these days).

And yes, the N_____ word can be dropped forever. It was never
a 'good' thing.

snake12

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Be that as it may, you can not deny that a large part of the African-American culture has taken it as a reclaimed positive word.

Nigga is a word which evolved from the derogative term "nigger". Tupac best defined the distinction between the two.

NIGGER- a black man with a slavery chain around his neck.

NIGGA- a black man with a gold chain on his neck.

beretta8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What the fuck? We are no fucking different from you, you arse, treat people as you wish to be treated yourself. Dont treat people differently based on their sexuality, that's what divides people.

What are we to you? Wild karibu?

What the fuck is there to understand. The very statement makes you that which you descibe! What are we, so alien you need lessons to interact or speek to us. What an arse. We're people, just like you. There is as much the 'learn' about someone being gay as there is in someone not liking broccoli. We are not 'the gays' of some evil childhood fairy tales. Just accept us for who we are... normal, run of the mill, everyday people.

Jesus, what an 'str8' thing to say.

*Pup sharpens his teeth!*

I think I Love you......Keith Partridge.....

Mr. Bungle

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok - my take on this issue: I'm an open-minded person. I have friends who are gay; I'm confident enough in my own sexuality so that it doesn't threaten me at all. Me - I'm not gay, never had any sexual contact with another man, and don't intend to. I've had gay guys hit on me, but instead of threatening to kick their ass, and acting like an ass to them, I simply smile and just tell them I'm straight. And that's the end of it. Yeah, like a lot of you 100% straight guys like myself who post here, I've posted pics of my cock and balls on this site, fully aware that I'm probably gonna get some comments from gay people. I have gotten comments, and it doesn't bother me in the least. It's just another person's opinion and a reflection of their sexual orientation. Completely non-threatening in every way, shape, and form.

Like Rugbypup said, gay people aren't any different from anyone else - they're normal, run-of-the-mill, everyday people. Anyone who's posting pics on this site, and are *threatened* by gay people, probably shouldn't be posting here. If you post nude pics, and someone gives you a compliment and a "10" in your gallery, take it as a compliment!! There. I'm done.

milkluver

1st Like
Media
gay means happy as always we r... but when u use the faggot, or sissy , that fuckin hurts!!!!!!! gay 2 me that is nothig but.. 2 some people it might hurt oh well get over it .........................