gay at work

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Owl, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Owl

Owl Member

so today i found out from a co-worker how girls at my job know i'm gay and how they suspected i was having a little fling with some other male coworkers who are hetero.

I have to admit i was shocked especially about me having a fling with those hetero dudes who are nothing more but friends to me.

Can anyone relate to this?

2. atlclgurl

atlclgurl Member

Albums:
    I can't "relate" but I might be able to explain.

Some women have really good "gaydar" which is probably how they knew you were gay.

As for your straight friends, its unfortunate, but some women with gaydar are still antiquated in their views and in all likelihood think that you MUST be having some sort of sexual thing going on, otherwise, why would a "totally straight" guy hang out with a gay one.

3. Owl

Owl Member

exactly

4. silvertriumph2

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

I can't relate either, but what you say makes a lot of sense.

As a former manager, I can say that female gossip can do a lot of damage, especially when a totally straight male, who has rebuked their advances, is more friendly with a suppossidly gay colleague than with them. Hell hath no fury...as the old saying goes.

One of my workers who was thought to be gay but not actually known, had to have 23 stitches in his forehead because one of the women was jealous of him having lunch most days with a guy she liked. He was engaged at the time and she knew it, but she asked him to attend a wedding with her and he refused. After a few day of fuming and saying things to the other women about him, she became angry, cursed and called them both fags, and hit the supposidly gay man him with a heavy, iron tape dispensor. The police was notified by the EMS and she was arrested. I fired her.

Over the years there were a couple of other occurances due to the same problem of a woman being jealous of a "gay" man's
    attentions to anther man in the office.

#4 silvertriumph2, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  5. D_Sir_Auquhorthy_Asspuddle

This has probably occured with me as well. I don't think I am the subject of conversation, but at the same time, I have a friend at work, married, etc. who I am mixed up with sexually and romantically to such an extent, I have asked him not to hug or grope me on work premises, i.e...I feel eyes on us in common areas sometimes.

6. bulge4u2

bulge4u2 Member

Well Owl, just how did the women co-workers figure out you're gay ? They don't seem to be ok with you being gay because of what they are saying you're doing with the straight men in your office. Have they told the male co-workers ? Remember, even if you live in a state that can fire you for being gay, sexual harressment at the work place can be f/m, m/f, m/m, or f/f. At no work place should it ever be tolerated. I've been working for 43 years (yes, I'm that old), and learned a long time ago, you don't mix business with pleasure (even if the co-worker is hot as shit).

7. hungboy18

hungboy18 New Member

Albums:
    When I was younger every single time I had a male best friend my brother would say he was my boyfriend, and I was in the closet, and I didn't even know I was gay.

I think it's a bit inappropriate to say that, it's your work place, spreading false rumors like that is just unprofessional, I don't get why girls think gay guys are trying to steal their man!

If a guy is straight he PROBABLY doesn't want to do anything sexual with another male, and if he ever wants to experiment that's fine, it won't make him any less straight and if it did it wouldn't kill him.

8. houtx48

Gold Member

Your friends are not hetro............

9. B_theaussieone

B_theaussieone New Member

Yeah women are perhaps the most jealous creatures to ever walk the earth. ignore them lol.

10. latinluva

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I worked for a company for about four years, and none of the women that I worked with ever suspected I was bisexual or gay. At least not until they seen me giving the managerr head from a window on the second floor. We were in the parking lot and a few of the gals were looking outside during lunch. I thought they all took off, but a few stayed back. I never even thought about the window. It wasn't exactly the best view. I wrote a story in fictious story section. Check it out.

11. buddy629

buddy629 Member

Albums:
    agreed. They seem unhappy. Just gossiping to cause trouble. Seer clear of those girls. They are not your friends.

12. Wrat

Wrat New Member

Albums:
    As mentioned above, in the middle, between the eas
    I can't relate to it personally, as I am not gay, but I was on a jobsite once where one of the welders was in an open relationship with a guy on the metal building crew. These guys were such bad-asses that you wouldn't say anything. Might get your head pulled off. They never displayed affection on the job. If you didn't know you...wouldn't know.

13. MsThang

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
    Verified:
    Photo
    I am usually clueless, there are men at my job who seem very feminine but I hate to presume anything. One guy is married with a kid and I catch him looking at me but my first impression when I met him was that he was gay. Either way I don't care.

Draft saved Draft deleted