Gay/Bi Muslims?

KagomJack

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Just curious how many of you happen to be gay or bisexual Muslims. It's not that common, but always interesting to see nonetheless. I don't often get to interact with a gay or bisexual Muslim, so I figured this thread might be a good chance to finally gain perspective of a group that you don't oft see.

Just curious how you feel about Islam's general attitude towards gays (particularly those who live under Sharia law where Islam is dominant) as well as how you feel that it's okay to be a Muslim and gay/bisexual.

And please be respectful of everyone's insight and opinions.

KagomJack

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
lol

Oh Mr. Ahamadinejad, when will you learn?

On a related note, I had a friend who tried to introduce me a very close friend of her's who was a gay former Muslim from Iran. Just living proof he's just trying to cover his eyes from what exists in his country. ;)

sixinchej2

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I thought most Muslims where Gay? I mean, I never see them touching Muslim women? Muslim women are covered up 24/7? They plan their marriages at a young age to hide the homosexual tendencies?

Lol..

stratt954

Just Browsing
Media
It is so sad to see how much hate is in the world. While, the Quiran, bible.ad tora say its a sin to be gay, God still loves us all. 1. If God is sending all the gays, bi's and transvestite to hell for what they are, where is God sending all the straight people who say they are good Muslims, Christians amd Jews, yet.they pierce and tatoo their bodies, smoke, drink, do drugs, and constantly have sex outside of wedlock? If you think sitting in the mosque, temple, or church once a week makez it ok, than you're a fucking idiot!!! 2 only God Himself can decide whether or not someone deserves to go to heaven or hell. I have friends that are gay, and they are wonderfu human beings. I dont think God's sendin them to hell, just for one little sin. Of course, thats for God to decide, not the pastor Imam or pope.

I think it's just as common in Islam as in any other religion, but not talked about openly because of the extreme attitudes that exist in Islam against it. Human behavior is universal regardless of one's faith.

Perados

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know plenty of gay muslims. I think, all around the world, like 10% of the population is gay. No matter what religion or ethnic.

Is it hard for gays to show in public that they are gay, if they live in iran or saudi arabia? Sure it is... but when i see some pictures out of the bibel belt in the usa or some pics out of russia, i doubt that this is a islam problem, only.
If i look at malaysia and indonesia, just like istanbul, i dont see a big difference to new york, berlin or Sidney.

Just stop generall judgements