Gay couples look alike?

airc3

Sexy Member
Media
Is it my imagination, or do most gay couples look alike? I've been looking more and more at gay couples and it seems like gay guys seek out other guys that look a lot like them. It just seems . . . weird.

Does anyone else notice this? If so, why do you think this is?

I ask because I think I'm starting to come to terms with my sexuality. Problem is, I don't really like my body type. I'm very bulky/stocky and hate it.

Obviously I'm generalizing here, but just curious if anyone else sees the same thing.

BigD_2

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In a word? No. Gays do not in my experience seek out their own look in a partner, any more than straights do.

Now it is true that there is a certain "look" of a number of gay guys between 18-35 in urban areas who go out at least 1-2 nights per week - so if you see two of them together, they will look sort of similar. That is, they are between 5'7" and 6'1", have dark hair that is spiked up, wear clothes one size too tight, have hot muscular bodies because their lives center on the gym, and take off some to all of their clothing from the waist up to show off their hotness.

I am not meaning any of that negatively...that's a "look" that is out there, more so among gays than among straights I think, and if you see only those people then they will all start to look similar yes. It's also true that there are big beefy hairy guys who are bears....and a lot of then have a kind of similar look (fat and hairy, to be blunt)

As a homo, I have many close gay friends, and many of us have had many boyfriends, and none of us have looked like our partners.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Actually there are a lot of Gay guys who seem to be attracted to carbon copies of themselves, and they frequently end up dressing alike and having similar haircuts. I've observed this fairly frequently actually. By no means do most, and certainly not all, Gay couples do this but it's not uncommon.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do know one May-December couple where the younger man looks exactly like the older man when he was a young man. It's like he's gone back in time to have sex with himself.

A lot of people think that hetero couples look more and more alike the longer they're together. Maybe there's something to that? The day I gave birth, two nurses said my husband and I look alike, like siblings. I am half Asian and I look like it, my husband isn't and he doesn't look like he is. Both times we just looked at each other like, "Are these people crazy?"

I also know a lesbian couple who look adorably alike. I don't think it's an accident at all. Instead of seeking separate identities, they seem to be emulating each other.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
People think my partner and I look similar..but when we met he was a big muscle guy and I was the skinny blond twink. So it wasn't that we were looking for the same type or anything. Now I'm bigger than him...hahah Even My family thinks he looks like "us". lol *meaning he looks like he could be my brother* Actually he looks more like me than my real brother does. LOL

see..

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/63512_1622531489936_1435921992_31674567_5962984_n.jpg

You both look fantastic. You do look like brothers, but that's good thing.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
People think my partner and I look similar..but when we met he was a big muscle guy and I was the skinny blond twink. So it wasn't that we were looking for the same type or anything. Now I'm bigger than him...hahah Even My family thinks he looks like "us". lol *meaning he looks like he could be my brother* Actually he looks more like me than my real brother does. LOL

see..

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/63512_1622531489936_1435921992_31674567_5962984_n.jpg

Wow, you do look like brothers! Especially the eyes. You're a hot couple.

A

AM_092

I don't agree with the OP's statement, but I do think that they look more compatible if they look alike...

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

see..

Wow OC,

You both would like extremely similar if the head and facial hair with the same. Same eyes, etc. I think it's cool :biggrin1:

rob_

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It makes sense that gay men would be attracted to someone with a similar look to themselves if they were comfortable with their own appearance.

I would be attracted to myself if I weren't myself. (If that makes any sense?)

OMGmybf

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
People actually mistake my boyfriend and i as brothers, twin brothers to boot. But we really don't look alike. yes, similar height and body build. But we don't actually look alike. People just see we both have black hair and similar body builds and assume. If they actually looked closer they'd see we look nothing alike. And we sure as hell aren't alike in personality. But i definitely never seek out look alikes. it just happened in this case that we can be mistaken as looking similar.

azladd

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Actually there are a lot of Gay guys who seem to be attracted to carbon copies of themselves, and they frequently end up dressing alike and having similar haircuts. I've observed this fairly frequently actually. By no means do most, and certainly not all, Gay couples do this but it's not uncommon.

A friend and I were just talking about this very same thing. I don't think that the original poster is saying that ALL gay couples look alike, but I would say that many do with regards to what you have pointed out. Even with regards to those who are "buff" or "twinks", and even now with age.

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
On a separate note, i've always thought i looked similar to Chace Crawford, with a dash of Orlando Bloom, a pinch of Eric Bana and just the tiniest smidgen of Penn Badgley.....hence, i seek them out!

I mean, come on.....any one of the above and myself would make a "totally hot couple" ;)

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
This reminds me of that episode of Top Chef where the two gay guys were getting married, and the both were named Tim. This look alike thing though, is an aspect of gay sexuality I've never even thought of. Maybe it's because unless you are fairy/very androgynous, you can only look so much like someone of the opposite gender. And I don't have a sister, so I can't even imagine what it would be like to date someone who looks like your sister, and again is something I haven't even thought about. And what if your boyfriend looks like your brother? AND your brother is straight? Weird.