Gay Father, Anyone have one?

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Does anyone here has a father that is gay. I have kids and I have a very good relationship with them. My kids are over 18, but I still see them a lot. This summer they sailed with me for 3 months through France, Italy and Greece. So it is not like I am not involved in their lives. But I sometimes wonder if they are dealing with issues I am not aware of. Or if I should be more sensitive to concerns they are not voicing. So I am wondering if anyone that has a gay father has any advice or feelings about it.

D

deleted3782

Yes. However, I can't say whether they have specific issues uniquly related to your sexual preference.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My kids have a gay dad. (Their dad came out of the closet to me about 7 or 8 years ago)

The youngest (age 13) doesn't know yet. It was pretty weird at first for the two oldest, but they got over it. What helped was that their dad and I remained friends and we do all the holidays together.

vindicator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I have a friend who had a gay dad. He got along great with his dad. I think honesty and openness is the way to go and just let them know if they ever want to talk about ANYTHING you're always there.