Gay finger rings

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
I suspect the OP is referring to those silver metal rings that one places on the thumb or the index finger. The rings are often have Celtic patterns/banding. They tend to be worn on any finger except the traditional wedding ring (i.e. the 4th) finger. They were more popular 5+ year, but i don't see men wearing them much anymore.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Are you talking about wedding rings or commitment bands? As a rule I have seen most americans use the ring finger on the right hand while almost everyone else I know uses the ring finger on the left hand. When I just had a band I used the right hand. When I upgraded to a diamond I moved it to the left hand so it did not get as much wear and tear.
I don't think it really matters other than what you are comfortable with.

B_cosmognosis

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In America, the wedding band is worn on the left hand. Other forms of adornment, like earrings and such (at least for men) are worn on the left as well to denote heterosexuality, broadly speaking.

I always thought that anything with the Greek key pattern was a way of denoting homosexuality, as far as rings and jewelry are concerned.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thumb rings are loathsome and utterly rakish: they are the sign of a serious case of douchebaggery, straight or gay.

luvmycock

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In the sixties i believe if a guy wore a ring on his pinky, then it was a signal to other gay men that he (the guy wearing the ring) was gay. But with time comes change because nowadays rappers and pimps wear pinky rings so go figure. The point is if your not married then don't wear a ring on you marriage hand. Oh and a thumb ring just looks stupid, unless you the frontman for a band!

carlgordon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
OK. I wear my wedding ring on my ring finger of my left hand. My wife gave me an anniversary band to wear on the ring finger of my right hand. Now I want to get a name ring that has both our names carved out on it. Which hand and finger should it be worn on? And not my pinkie or thumb. Those do look a bit goofy to me.

D

deleted724068

like earrings and such (at least for men) are worn on the left as well to denote heterosexuality, broadly speaking.

in ireland, especially in northern ireland (where i live) left ear means Catholic and the right year mean Protestant.