Gay friends, which is your type?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by haulthat, Nov 27, 2010.

1. haulthat

haulthat Member

Albums:
    This is my first thread in Women's Issues. I'm not a Woman, but the question can't really be answered by men.

I have a lot of different kinds of friends. The thing is I have very few female friends. My question is: As far as male gay friends go, do you prefer those you can do girl things with? Shopping, hair, nails, fashion, and chick flicks? Or do any of you like the gay guys who are on the other end of the spectrum? I'm just curious. I'm also about 65% as stand offish about telling the few female friends I do have (outside of this site) about the fact that I'm gay. I'm not sure why.

I have sisters and no brothers, but I still managed to turn out masculine. It is also somewhat of an uncomfortable topic to approach with them. Rarely discuss men and so on. Their gay friends are all pretty much the sassy gay friend: YouTube - Romeo & Juliet who is a bad ass but it ain't me. I guess in some ways I want female friends who I am cool talking about thing with because I imagine it would be a different conversation than other gay guys and I have no straight friends who actually know I'm gay.

2. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

Sassy gay friend is hilarious!

3. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I like gay friends who are themselves! I have punk gay friends who dye their hair green or blue, I have effeminate flaming bitchy and funny gay friends who make me feel butch and masculine when I am with them, I have masculine gay friends who would seem to be straight except they aren't, and I have a lot of gay and bi male friends who seem to switch "gay" personalities at will depending on the subject of the conversation and whom we are around. I like them all and prefer them to be the way that they're most comfortable being.

I hope that you don't consider that answer a cop-out, but it's just true. I like friends who are good friends.

4. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

The only possible sensible answer to this question :wink:

5. luka82

Gold Member

Petite, how about sending some of your gay friends my way?:):):)

6. haulthat

haulthat Member

Albums:
    I don't see it as, or think it could be considered a cop out. If you have a wide variety of em that sort of indicates your taste isn't specific. I'm looking for feedback in general. Not a polarized chocolate or vanilla answer. You sound like you have a wide circle of friends and thats pretty bad ass. I would like a friend like you, I'm guessing you wouldn't have all those friends if you weren't cool, and I would get to meet them too. :biggrin1:

And Hilare that's not true at all. Everyone has different taste and different reasons for them. To say that other opinions aren't made with good sense is a tad judgmental. I agree that suggesting some are better than others would be in poor taste, that is extremely different than saying I personally get along with people like this better. I have had conversations with female friends in here that are the polar opposite of petites view... kinda why I posted. I want more opinions. On a side note, I like your cock. The veins on the bottom look like lightning bolts of power.

#6 haulthat, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  7. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

I suppose I just think that pre-deciding what kinds of people one likes is peculiar. Liking people because they're just being themselves and because something unique about them appeals to you seems the most sensible thing to do.

Besides I don't believe in "types" of people really, sure there are some common characteristics but every human being is unique and different, get beneath the obvious and the details of who a person actually is are far more complicated than categories would suggest.

If it makes me judgemental to think that one should treat everyone one meets as a unique individual and attempt to see if one has common ground with them and if there is the possibility of being their friend regardless of how some people might categorise them then so be it.

Thanks for the compliments btw. :wink:

#7 D_Tim McGnaw, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
Draft saved Draft deleted