Gay guys acting "gay"

pablovian

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I know it's OK to be gay - so don't consider this really gay bashing, BUT...

I just don't get super-feminine gay guys. Just cause you like cock, doesn't mean you have to act like a girl. You're still a man - you still have testosterone flowing through you - it doesn't make sense.

Why oh why - someone please tell me - why do gays guys feel the need to act like girls????????:confused:

pablo1973

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I just don't get super-feminine gay guys. Just cause you like cock, doesn't mean you have to act like a girl. You're still a man - you still have testosterone flowing through you - it doesn't make sense.

Why oh why - someone please tell me - why do gays guys feel the need to act like girls????????:confused:

Hmm, Im not convinced! It may not be gay bashing, maybe gay slapping? Im sure many people dont get testorone fuelled alpha males but they generally dont berate them for their personalaties.

DiegoID

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Becuase it is easy to only notice the effeminate gays, and you don't notice the other 80% of us that don't act like girls.

It's also just another sterotype. Yes I know that there are som fem queens out there. I do know that for some of them it is an act they use to get attention, but other guys they are just being themselves. Gays tend not to pay too much attention to preassigned societial "Gender Roles" since they weren't really designed for the gay soul anyway. (On second thought they're pretty repressive for people of all sexualities)

So I do have a little queen in me. It's like the Yin/Yang. Everyone's got a bit of the other gender in their personality makeup. Some hetero males are just relectant to admit it. Gays tend to be more comfortable admiting that they've got some feminine in their masculine makeup.

Pradadox

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
First of all i've never seen a girl act like a gay man. If you don't like "super fem" guys that's fine, but they get a lot of shit for being themselves. I don't really know ya but i bet you could probably pass for straight if you needed or wanted to. Personally, i admire people who have the guts to be themselves when the rest of the world gives them shit, just cause they're "more obviously gay" than some of us. When i was in college, i was exploring who i was and i tried to "act gay" cause i thought that's what gay men do. While ultimately it wasn't for me, i did get to experience what they go through when trying to date, make friends, or even just go about their everyday lives. I really think it's terrible how much shit people give them just for being themselves. Almost every personals ad i see is for "straight acting only". Jus do em a favor. If you don't like guys like you're describing, just be polite, treat em like every other guy and just leave them alone. :(

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I find it ironic that the OP wants to know why gay guys act the way they do yet leaves his own sexuality off his profile.

Is he a gay man that's ashamed by the way the "girly" gay men act?

Is he a straight man that likes to oogle woman, grab his nuts and scratch his ass in public?

I'd like to know why it bothers him so much. Does it go against his image of what a "real" man should act like? Is he attracted to a hot guy only to find out this hot guy is really feminine?

Questions like the one the OP posed goes more to show the character of the person asking it than what the question is really about.

So, OP, please answer my question: Why does it bother you so much?

And don't say it doesn't because clearly, on some level, it does.

pablo1973

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
First of all i've never seen a girl act like a gay man. If you don't like "super fem" guys that's fine, but they get a lot of shit for being themselves. I don't really know ya but i bet you could probably pass for straight if you needed or wanted to. Personally, i admire people who have the guts to be themselves when the rest of the world gives them shit, just cause they're "more obviously gay" than some of us. When i was in college, i was exploring who i was and i tried to "act gay" cause i thought that's what gay men do. While ultimately it wasn't for me, i did get to experience what they go through when trying to date, make friends, or even just go about their everyday lives. I really think it's terrible how much shit people give them just for being themselves. Almost every personals ad i see is for "straight acting only". Jus do em a favor. If you don't like guys like you're describing, just be polite, treat em like every other guy and just leave them alone. :(

Im sure your a decent enough guy but are you talking about people????? they/ them/'em /they're and of course US... so its really them and us

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You're still a man - you still have testosterone flowing through you - it doesn't make sense.

And who among us has the right to decide what a man "should" act like?

Straights?

pablovian

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
DiegoID - thank you for your real response. For the rest of you; I know I sound discriminatory and pretty much am. But, I would never be outright rude to a super queen but it does bug me and I was just looking for a good explanation.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hey, when you grow up in South Carolina or Australia, you are likely to have the local accent and some mannerisms that are locally typical. I have a couple of American friends who've lived in London for a number of years and they sound almost British now. Guys hanging out with other guys (whether they talk about fashion, cars, or football) are going to reinforce accents and mannerisms too. We all adjust a little to our cultural environment. Hearing a guy calling out "GU-URL" to another guy enough times, one tends to start accepting it as normal. This only becomes more pronounced the more ghettoized a particular group is.

priority_male

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey, when you grow up in South Carolina or Australia, you are likely to have the local accent and some mannerisms that are locally typical. I have a couple of American friends who've lived in London for a number of years and they sound almost British now. Guys hanging out with other guys (whether they talk about fashion, cars, or football) are going to reinforce accents and mannerisms too. We all adjust a little to our cultural environment. Hearing a guy calling out "GU-URL" to another guy enough times, one tends to start accepting it as normal. This only becomes more pronounced the more ghettoized a particular group is.

mmm... ghetto... I see... That's where the lisping and the jazz hands comes from.

pablo1973

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
ooh the ghetto...that hot! is that where liza and judy live, isnt it just past neverland ranch. I love the ghetto!

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
mmm... ghetto... I see... That's where the lisping and the jazz hands comes from.

As I am not sure how you are taking this, I will clarify:

By ghettoizing I mean the more a group is either segregated by stigma or by choice, the more the members of a group reinforce each other in certain behaviors and the less they are influenced by the culture of the larger community. This could be somewhat self preserving (strength in numbers and neighborhood support systems) or conversely contribute to their perceived oddness (stay by Mommy, Dear: that man looks gay).

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Hmmm...I do understand you cannot answer this question and maybe in your understanding is just and simple act...

In my mind in me people carry their own expressions inside...some may feel the need to hide it and not even get in touch with it, others camuflage it, others act as they are pressure to or not allowed to..sure if is out of control a person must be locked up.

But is just strange to me people wearing masks...they may live their lives supressing their expressions...men can even wear a macho controling facade to fuction in some professions to look tough..thats is many times aceptable and not show emotions or maintain it under control etc...that stone face as FBI or man in black agent steryotypes..lol...

Man, no way I would not show my expressions, even if people try to press it down it will pop up. I understand expressive people they are not playing an act they are an act and I do think actors profession start by those persons, expressive ones..that are confortable to bring all expressions inside and encarnate it for a play...call ecentrics call whatever...but I do prefer to be among flamboyant, authentic persons than the robotic, everything under control and programed etc.ones. or the plain boring.

But than the quizz that someone has to "pass" to me as flowing cool is that funny "Greek wedding" movie situation, to some may be crazy, irritated, emotional, whatever...to me I do feel at home with all of that too. Comming from men, women, kids I enjoy people expressive ways etc...LOL...

DiegoID

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As I am not sure how you are taking this, I will clarify:

By ghettoizing I mean the more a group is either segregated by stigma or by choice, the more the members of a group reinforce each other in certain behaviors and the less they are influenced by the culture of the larger community. This could be somewhat self preserving (strength in numbers and neighborhood support systems) or conversely contribute to their perceived oddness (stay by Mommy, Dear: that man looks gay).

I get your point, but I think that the word ghetto is insulting. How about "Community" or "Gay Community"? That way your not talking in such politically charged words that bring images of underprivlidged soco-economic groups.

Also a "gay ghetto" is where the gays move into a depressed neighborhood.Then they remodel, and revitalize it raising property values. Eventually the Gay Ghetto becomes known as a nice place to live, and the young str8s end up moving in where they wouldn't have thought about it before. So the term Gay Ghetto has absolutely nothing to do with what you are talking about. I'm now living in a "Gentrified" Gayborhood (there's another word you could use instead of Ghetto), and love the fact that I'm seeing more of a mixture in the bars, clubs, and resturants in my neighorhood.

Meh.. I don't think this is acutally useful to talk about in a constructive way. It may actually be putting up (additional) artificial barriers that people use to separate themselves from the different.