Gay guys: do you learn to be a top or bottom?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hmmmm. . . reading this thread has got me a bit horny. Just a bit. My trusty Boy Scout Leader was the first person to fuck me. I found it mildly uncomfortable, but not much more than just uncomfortable. It didn't turn me on. But he really liked me to plow the Hell out of him, which I did regularly for about three years. Afterwards he always expected me to suck him off. Seems this was the way most bottoms were into having sex when I was young. However, I personally could never imagine having someone with a dick the same size or larger than mine fuck me.

Fast forward to being a political, out and loud gay male working as a bartender in a popular San Francisco gay bar in the early 70's where I was usually sought out for the size of my tool (although, old photos prove my face and body were just as fetching). Size queens were always drooling off the backs of my arms, so to speak. In those days we had "the tubs" where you paid your three dollars and everybody was a whore. Great sex and lots of it. I would always accommodate my date-of-the-hour by allowing him to fuck me as long as he returned the favor. All of my early boy friends and early tricks were anxious for me to fuck them. I never got off on it getting fucked, but it was never a big issue (nor were dicks attached to the guys who fucked me).

But I had a penchant (still do) for older men. I was always chasing after the late 30 to early 40 masculine types with lots of facial hair and once I caught one they were often intimidates by my size, so we'd end up jacking each other in an oral 69. There was one guy I'd met several places over the years around the City who climbed electrical poles and high tension wire towers for a living. He had a goofy, but sweet farm boy face and was probably 20 years older than me. Great body. He was almost hung the same as me, but not quite. I'd had casual encounters with him at the nude beaches, at the baths, on the fire escape at a few after-hour's parties, and even in the straight men's spa at the Mark. It was always mutual masturbation working ourselves up to simultaneous blow jobs. Once, he did try to sit on my dick at the nude beach, but too much traffic (plus the fact he obviously needed to take a shit) sort of interfered with our achieving any success. Still, he was a nice, decent guy.

After we closed the bar my colleagues and I invariably went to the tubs to get clean (washing off all that cigarette smoke) and get our rocks off before going home. One evening after a long hot shower I made my way to my little cubicle with the sheet-covered mattress and ran into my power line guy. I was horny. I dragged him in and shut the door, practically throwing him on that cheap little mattress. One thing we both enjoyed was making out, so while I kept his tonsils occupied I pulled out my jar of Vaseline and slathered gobs of the stuff on his handsome tool. Quite out of character, I sat up and began sliding my ass up and down the length of his cock. He was certainly enjoying it and so was I. Without thinking too much about it the head of his giant cock popped into my asshole. I had a raging hardon and slowly took all of him inside me. It was a first in many ways, but primarily it was the first time that I ever found any pleasure in having a cock up my ass; especially an exceptionally large one. I slowly rode up and down on him while he just relaxed and enjoyed the experience. Then he began to convulse and shot his load. It was the first time I'd ever felt a load squirt up inside my ass. That was a key moment for me. I never knew having a cock up my ass could be that enjoyable.

Unfortunately he became as limp as a wet dish rag, popping out of me just as easily as he had popped in. I tried to keep him entertained, hoping he could get it up and again, because I wanted to enjoy a greasy jack off session with him inside me. Never happened. He eventually excused himself leaving me incredibly horny for more. I had no trouble finding another guy to fuck me. In fact I found three more that night. But none of them felt as comfortable as my power line trick. In fact, two of the three actually were more painful than pleasurable once they clumsily figured out where the opening to my ass was. I ended up going home early that morning and jacking off before I went to sleep.

It took a few more years for me to realize that I only enjoyed anal sex as long as I found my partner incredibly attractive (or if I was in love with them). I also discovered that most tops have no idea what the fuck they are doing. Just ramming yourself up someone's ass and pounding away may seem erotic, but it doesn't feel that great and for me, at least, is often painful. However, my ass is in semi-retirement these days; reserved only for those occasions The Squeeze feels a need to slide himself up inside me. Curiously, The Squeeze is one of those Latinos who for all outward appearances appears and acts straight. But in the privacy of a bedroom his legs seem to automatically rise up like a convertible top. Whenever we have sex with others, he always tops our guest(s). Yet frequently I wake up in the morning to discover he's greased him self up and slid as much of my morning wood up his ass that he finds comfortable. And then there are the many times we don't fuck. Like someone else posted, there is a lot more to sex between men that just fucking. . . a Hell of a lot more. Most men I've had sex with have been too caught up in being perceived as "activo o passivo." But if my experience is any indication, the more masculine or butch a guy is the more he's into receiving a cock up his ass. But that's my experience. :smile:

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hmmmm. . . reading this thread has got me a bit horny.

Funny how that happens, isn't it? :cool: I think my most revealing sexual accounts on this site have been sparked by fairly innocuous, straightforward threads too. The mind starts to wander... and then you get hard... and then you tell us everything. :tongue:

VERY hot recount midlifebear. Did you get a merit badge? :tongue:

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For myself I tried to be a bottom. The only thing is that it hurts, and I have not been able to really figure out what I am doing wrong.

There have been instances when I get in the mood and I would not mind somone giving it to me, but now I treat my peace as a commodity. Not many people have gone back there, so I would not give it up to just anyone unless we are in a relationship.

KIKEMAN29

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've seen some very interesting posts which can give u an idea of what general preferences are but in my experience, being bisexual I've always felt that in my relation with women, which I enjoy very much, somehow I'm in control or so I think, but when it comes to men, part of the whole idea is to let my femenine side take over and feel what women should feel when blowing or being fucked in the ass. I can be top if the situation calls for it, no problem but I 100% prefer to be a bottom. Btw, I'm not submissive I just love being fucked:wink:

sasami006

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I've seen some very interesting posts which can give u an idea of what general preferences are but in my experience, being bisexual I've always felt that in my relation with women, which I enjoy very much, somehow I'm in control or so I think, but when it comes to men, part of the whole idea is to let my femenine side take over and feel what women should feel when blowing or being fucked in the ass. I can be top if the situation calls for it, no problem but I 100% prefer to be a bottom. Btw, I'm not submissive I just love being fucked:wink:

very nicely put, I feel the same way.
I think for me it all started when my best friend and I were growing up.
Everyone now and then we would take turns sucking each other off and at the time I happen to prefer be the one sucking. I guess that makes me a bottom type. Plus I also just like the idea of being submissive when it comes to other guys.

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I find that someone that is a strict top or a strict bottom takes all the spontaneity out of sex. Roles are already defined BEFORE you get there which FOR ME only and some others I am sure, would get boring quick. I like sex to be spontaneous and I like sex to be for quite some time. Perhaps both of us will top the same night who knows?

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I find that someone that is a strict top or a strict bottom takes all the spontaneity out of sex. Roles are already defined BEFORE you get there which FOR ME only and some others I am sure, would get boring quick. I like sex to be spontaneous and I like sex to be for quite some time. Perhaps both of us will top the same night who knows?

Yeah, it's more fun if you're not quite sure who's going to end up doing what to whom or in what order. If you have defined roles as top or bottom, it does kind of limit your options, and pity help you if you're a top happen to fall for another top or vice versa.

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I"ve sorta gone thru a journey on this subject, as when I first came out and started having sex with guys (I didn't ever have sex with girls), I was more bottom than top, but at least thru the very beginning of this I had a very understanding top, who would go slowly and if I couldn't do it one day for some reason he would stop, it just took me some time to be able to really relax about it.

I'm now pretty versitile but depends on the circumstances as to what I want to do with a guy. If its just a one night hookup and I doubt I'll ever see them again I prefer to top, but I do really enjoy bottoming in either a longer term friends with benefits fling or with a boyfriend.

I could never see myself in a long term anything where I had to be exclusivly top or exclusivly bottom, that just wouldn't work for me. As I definatly want to enjoy both experiences, as sometimes I like to play the more masculine more power role of top eventhough this role doesn't really give me much pleasure, and then other times I just want to be dominated have just have a guy fuck my brains out.