gay guys read the bible?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, some gay men do. I know a lot of gay men and women who go to church every week, too. There are welcoming congregations where gay couples are openly embraced and can become priests. The Episcopalian church ordained it's first openly gay priest in 1977. Unitarians are also tolerant and open-minded.

Last edited:

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Do gay guys read the bible?

That's kind of offensive. Why even ask the question, unless you're implying that homosexuality and Judeo-Christian faith are incompatible or that there's something spiritually different about gay men than about straight men/women and lesbians.

All types of men -- and women -- attend church, receive communion and pray. And all types do not. Leave it at that.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's kind of offensive. Why even ask the question, unless you're implying that homosexuality and Judeo-Christian faith are incompatible or that there's something spiritually different about gay men than about straight men/women and lesbians.

All types of men -- and women -- attend church, receive communion and pray. And all types do not. Leave it at that.

You're apparently unfamiliar with his posting history :rolleyes:. He has a tendency to make maddeningly inane threads, often with single-sentence posts that would be considered offensive if they weren't so stupid (much like this thread).

/annoyed rant

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes. obviously. And if they do they may find that the next anti-gay evangelists who come knocking on their door do not know what it says as well as they think.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Yes. obviously. And if they do they may find that the next anti-gay evangelists who come knocking on their door do not know what it says as well as they think.

Truth right there.

The bible is someones interpretation on how the world and a group of people should operate.

It's old, outdated, and un-realistic.
People should have their beliefs and keep them to themselves.
I am catholic, but I do not believe in all of the crap that the bible spews.
Further, I do not impose my catholic upbringing as the "Superior" way of life to others.
You are Free to believe in who you believe.
You aren't obliged to make your beliefs Law of the land.

B_thickjohnny

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm Roman Catholic and go to Mass every Sunday and Holy Day. I have my own relationship with God - who, by the way, is a fat black woman. Seriously, God knew every hair on my head so He knew well in advance how I'd turn out - and He approved!

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

Don't worry, he's always trying to be obnoxious and offensive. Usually succeeds in at least one :rolleyes:

D

deleted15807

Is the implication that if you're gay you can't follow the word of God? A Rick Perry follower do we have?

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
what about bi men? gay women? bi women?

Is there a point to this question? some sort of misguided homophobia?

what about gay men reading the ....Quoran? (apologies for spelling) or other religious/sacred works? or bi men?

curious what the (for lack of a better word) slant is?

does it matter if the gay man is circumcised? what about nationality? age? relationship status?

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
having read this, why not another temp ban? (or delete this absurd topic)

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally Posted by rbkwp

has op finally run out of thought for the creation of reasonable thread topics ?
Seriously, honestly: did he ever have any in the first place? His homophobic comments have already resulted in one temp ban.

thought of not being so crass to the fella
yuletide (everyday) spirit hah