Gay guys with straight guy friends?

jd04

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Crex i really could not have said it better. When i tell people i am gay people are generally shocked and say "you dont seeem gay". My response is always, "sorry i dont live up to your stereotype" But i cant blame them for having the stereotype when so many gay men try/do live up to it.

As for straight mates, majority of them are for me. I only have a couple of gay mates. I find that its down to the fact that my only common interest with them is to go to gay clubs. In other words apart from maybe 1 or 2 nights a week i dont feel there is much need for the friendship. I enjoy sport alot and i am yet to meet someone who is as interested as i am. I know there other gay dudes out there who love it as much as i do, i just have not met them. But it would be awesome to have a mate who liked both...

nudepierced

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am like you jerkingoff, I really do not have any friends male or female. I have always been shy and not good at making friends so I kjust go to work and come home, exciting life.

montana101

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I've got some straight guy friends. It all good with them. I always had this hang up about being gay and having straight male friends but then like a few of them told it really doesn't matter I'm cool and they are too so we just are that FRIENDS. I don't like boxing myself in due to anything.

Rowan Ravenseed

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This may have been said before but i dont think so.

Generally i think youll tend to find that as we grow we learn bonding behavior from the people that influence our lives the most therefore men that are surrounded by men regardless of whether they are hetero or homo will be more comfortable in the company of other men.

In my adolescent years which is the time we learn to derfine ourselves as an adult including who and how we bond with other people my father was absent from my life and my uncles lived a great distance away as such i had verry little adult male influence in my life added to that my coming out early in life and the rejection of faced from male peers my own age led to an over all awkwardsness around other men.

Many other gay men share my situation.... men intimidate us for a number of reasons.... firstly becuase were unsure of how to behave around them due to the fact that we have no reference..... secondly becuase we fear rejection and possible violence based on our sexual identitiy and thirdly becuase we often find ourselves attracted to (both physically and emotionally) the people were supposed to be forming friendships with.

I'm currently trying to bring some balance into my life by getting closer to my cousin becuase he has shown maturity enough to handle my sexual identity and becuase he shows enough emotional depth to win my trust im hoping that by getting to know him and forming a strong friendship with him and his circle i can learn to be comfortable around heterosexual men..... and hopefully they can learn a few things from me

MarquisMike

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This may have been said before but i dont think so.

Generally i think youll tend to find that as we grow we learn bonding behavior from the people that influence our lives the most therefore men that are surrounded by men regardless of whether they are hetero or homo will be more comfortable in the company of other men.

In my adolescent years which is the time we learn to derfine ourselves as an adult including who and how we bond with other people my father was absent from my life and my uncles lived a great distance away as such i had verry little adult male influence in my life added to that my coming out early in life and the rejection of faced from male peers my own age led to an over all awkwardsness around other men.

Many other gay men share my situation.... men intimidate us for a number of reasons.... firstly becuase were unsure of how to behave around them due to the fact that we have no reference..... secondly becuase we fear rejection and possible violence based on our sexual identitiy and thirdly becuase we often find ourselves attracted to (both physically and emotionally) the people were supposed to be forming friendships with.

Interesting...I feel like I might be in the same boat. All my mom's friends and siblings gave birth to girls around the same time I was born, so from birth through most of elementary school I'd pretty much hang out with those girls...been pretty much the only guy in all the groups of friends I've had ever since. I'm sure guys and girls are equally easy to get along with if you have the social skills to do so, but I definitely find it easier to start up a convo with a chick, maybe as a result of just being around so many of them, to the exclusion of males, since childhood.

Has anybody seen I Love You Man? Seems like a particularly applicable movie to this topic of conversation, lol.

Guardian100

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I haven't had any male gay friends since university all are straight ( bar one bisexual, well he says he's trisexual, try anything lol) and to be honest I prefer it this way, ALOT less stressful and I feel I can be more my self around them.

Phoenix_nyc27

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Actually I have way more straight male friends then gay male friends, I really don't seem to click with my fellow gays, and always considered to be the "exception" amongst all of my Straight male friends. If you want to me more straight guys go their bars, watch their interaction amongst the lady's point out where their game could use some work and possibly offer to be a wing man. If there is one thing that can make any straight man a friend is getting them pussy LOL (sorry to be so crude but it the truth.) Also establish boundries from the get go, I know this may sound strange but you'd be surprised at how many straight men can cross the boundry of being "curious" especially if you are their first gay friend and they have had a few to many. Remember you want a straight friend, not some dude who panics after he blows his load.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My best friend is a str8 guy. I have 2 male str8 friends and they both know I`m gay and very supportive. Most of my other friends are girls:):):)

Stephenmass

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The majority of my friends are straight. I don't really care what someone's sexual preference is and I don't really get into the "gay scene" all that much at all so it doesn't matter to me. I was a bit of a jock in high school so naturally I still have a lot of those friends as my friends today.

MarquisMike

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm interested by the comments by guys who say that sexual orientation is NOT a factor in who they choose to befriend, and then go on to say that they aren't friends with too many gay guys because its too much drama/don't get along/can't be themselves/don't want to play into the stereotype.