Gay is a choice... NOT!

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
In a civilized society, we don't need science to prove to us that our sexuality is not a choice.

These studies are also stupid in that they attempt to simplify sexuality, trying to fit people into nice little compartments (you got a gay brain, you have a straight one). It fails to recognize that we have all unique sexualities with different degrees of heterosexuality and homosexuality. Sexuality is not always permanent for some, but malleable over time (there are environmental factors as well).

Last edited:

D_CountdeGrandePinja

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We've been here before: sexual orientation is from us from birth. We don't choose - God made us as we are - for those who want to think otherwise, fine.

From my personal view: I've never been with a woman, never had a desire for a sexual relationship - I have abundance of female friends but just friends.

God doesn't make any junk - we are all of value, all loving and WE DON'T CHOOSE!

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Notes and further musings:
Wish-4-8, You're obviously thoughtful and of friendly good will, too, and I cordially salute you for that. However, just to clarify, I believe that the specific examples you give would more accurately be described as opportunistic adaptation to a given situation than as "acquired taste." Thus they do not, I submit, support in any way a supposition that sexual orientation can be a matter of choice.
Your words are well appreciated. My point is that in the end, we accept people for who they are. For example, what do we do with a man who gets a sex change operation and still only enjoys the company of women in an intimate situation?

But I agree that in the end, orientation is not a choice. We are who we are. Its what your mind wanders to when you are not thinking. For me, its always women. If it ever was a man, even just rarely, then I would change my percentage on the profile about sexual orientation.

karldergrosse

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wish-4-8, Thanks--we do see eye to eye. ~ Your mentioning sex change, by the way, reminds me of a showgirl drag queen at a local disco a while back. After getting "the operation," she then promptly fell into a lesbian [sic!] relationship with a woman who was born a woman...! Go figure.............. :confused:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
actually, dude, my psychics are telling me I will be switching teams ...

maybe part of my life will have been gay, the other part hetero?

serial bisexuality?

Who chooses to be gay? With all the hatred, bigotry and homophobia that comes along with it... If it were a "choice" then everyone would "choose" to be straight. Socially acceptable in school growing up. No fear of being kicked out of your home or beaten up because you're gay... The special-privilege to marry... Having kids the old fashioned way... No sexual discrimination at work or Church...

Anyone who still thinks it's a choice, is living in denial of basic human behavior...

No, 90 people isn't an accurate sample for any scientific study. But seriously, how much science do you need to accept the obvious?

I agree. People act on whatever urges they have. Unfortunately str8 people are congratulated for that whereas gay people are criticised for doing the exact same thing. Odd.

To clarify an earlier post I made...the 'hmmm' was in response to muscle monkey's comment - not aimed at the OP. :)

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
We've been here before: sexual orientation is from us from birth. We don't choose - God made us as we are - for those who want to think otherwise, fine.

From my personal view: I've never been with a woman, never had a desire for a sexual relationship - I have abundance of female friends but just friends.

God doesn't make any junk - we are all of value, all loving and WE DON'T CHOOSE!

Thank you for your beautiful post.:smile: