'Gay Lifestyle'

Jake212guy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm straight but have TONS of gay friends. I really HATE the phrase "gay lifestyle". A lifestyle is chosen. Who the fuck would choose being gay? I certainly wouldn't enjoy having to pick and choose who I talk openly with. I wouldn't choose turning on the news and being told by whackos that I'm a deviant.

So, I feel for the gays. But they make up for the shit they go through by knowing how to throw a good party. LOL.

(sorry if my quote is offensive to anyone...wasn't my intention)

Last edited:

azladd

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
life·style also life-style or life style (lfstl)
n.
A way of life or style of living that reflects the attitudes and values of a person or group:

I think everyone has a "lifestyle". I dont confuse lifestyle with whether or not a person chooses to be gay. I do think that is a separate issue. However I do see how some come up with the lifestyle argument based on a person way of life, how they choose to dress, their likes and dislikes, etc. We all live based on our attitudes and personal values, regardless of sexuality.Personally I dont one should demonize the other just because they have a different view. I am pretty secure in how I live and the choices I make for my own life based on how I view myself. I dont limit my friendships to certain types of people who are of the same race , sexual orientation, or religion, but I know lots of people who do.But really who cares? People are going to have their opinions, and believe me there are numerous groups of people who have born negative views. Im not sure that will ever change. I say, be happy within yourself and you'll find that what others think, simply won't matter as much.

Sabln9A

Sexy Member
Media
I know that I was born gay. Of course, back then, the term "gay" did not exist as a sexual orientation. There was zero acceptance of "queers" in West Texas where I lived, and I spent most of my life (up until about age 35) trying to change. I prayed. I saw psychologists. I read books. I tried everything, but I could not change the natural "me." (I even married and had children.) I know more than anyone that being gay is not a choice. I am sure no one tried harder than I to change, and it did not happen. I am so glad attitudes are changing and younger people are more tolerant.

solomeo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay....I very rarely start a thread on this forum, but finally was driven to distraction by the number of people who still are convinced that being gay is something that is chosen. That it is a life 'style'.

I am sure that all of the out and practicing gay men and women here feel exactly the same. When are people gonna finally understand that being gay is not something that we choose because we like Barbra Streisand, or have penchant for Judy Garland records. I know there is a conservative right, both here and in the United States that would like to believe that we have just 'decided to be gay' to spite what the bible or any other righteous group would have us believe. Once and for all. We do not choose to be gay, we are born with the pre ordained sexual chemistry that attracts us to our own sex. Can we finally knock this absurd nonsense on the head and move forward in the 21st century and finally accept that we are not the children of satan. We are just gay...not 'fags' just gay.

Moreover this notion that you can 'train' yourself to be heterosexual is complete and utter nonsense. This is not so much a discussion as a fustrated member who has finally had enough of reading in too many misguided posts about members who have 'experimented' with their 'gay' side and 'taught' or 'trained' their mind into believing that it is not for them.

If the world did not condemn gay people how many of you would be gay and happy with it!?

Am I the only one who has had enough of this?!

I take exception with this post. I am gay because I choose to be gay. Its a choice that I made as an adult because its my preference. I don't believe I was born gay, its a life style choice that I made.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Thanks all for your contributions. Really appreciate your views. And yes many of you may well ask what a 'gay lifestyle' is. I personally haven't a clue?! It comes from one of the myriad of threads from some troll that decided to side line with some dumb ass ignorant view on being gay, hence the quotation marks.
LOL. I know exactly which poster set you off, dear Arthur. He typifies a certain mindset in abundance here; i.e., fellas who self-identify as 90%, 99%, even 100% "straight", who nevertheless engage in some rather extreme M/M sexual obsessions and sexual activities. However, they don't consider themselves "gay" in the least, because they don't partake of the "lifestyle". It's just "guys messing around", as long as they don't develop any emotional attachments or gay-marry one. I particularly like the rationalizations of fellas who think it's not at all "gay" sex as long as they only obsess on the cock and try to ignore the life support system it's attached to, or if they only have sex with other "straight" buds. :rolleyes:

On the "lifestyle" question, has anybody seen my rainbow feather boa and my studded leather codpiece?
I'm going out now, and I just don't feel dressed without them. :biggrin2:

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gay is the way I was born but there are some people who do have a choice. They choose to be intolerant fuckwits who honestly believe you can "select" your sexual preference on a whim.

arthur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
...On the "lifestyle" question, has anybody seen my rainbow feather boa and my studded leather codpiece?

LOL...your not going to that 'over the rainbow' evening yet again!?! People will talk!??!

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I take exception with this post. I am gay because I choose to be gay. Its a choice that I made as an adult because its my preference. I don't believe I was born gay, its a life style choice that I made.

Hate to break this to you, but you were born tuti fruity like the rest of us. You didn't REALIZE it until much later in life.

It's ok... we still like and accept you.

Further, not all gay men like feminine things. Some of us fly under the radar for suprise shock heart attacks at family reunions.
I build and race cars, love construction work, and don't frequent the mall very often. Men come in all different flavors, just as women do.

Last edited:

solomeo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hate to break this to you, but you were born tuti fruity like the rest of us. You didn't REALIZE it until much later in life.

It's ok... we still like and accept you.

Further, not all gay men like feminine things. Some of us fly under the radar for suprise shock heart attacks at family reunions.
I build and race cars, love construction work, and don't frequent the mall very often. Men come in all different flavors, just as women do.

This reads like typical intolerance.

I don't believe I was born gay. It doesn't matter to me whether I was born "tuti fruity" or I choose it. It's how I choose to live.

I don't need to be "accepted" by you.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think that mainstream peeps have a hard time trying to pin down WHAT is "THE GAY LIFESTYLE"? You could go to a number of nightclubs: denims/leather...drag queens and drag kings...the circuit bars...dance bars...dives...fetish/alt. Gay lifestyle is definately defined by the bars and the community hang.

I am only one gay dude. I am not into drag queens. Not because of intolerance or gender issues. I just find the whole thing cliche...threadbare worn out. Music-wise, the same thing. House music. Yeah. Screaming lovelorn divas...yeah, yeah. I would love to see DIFFERENT.

I wish that more gay peeps as a whole did a RADICAL RE-THINK of themselves as a community. Gay people wouldn't be sold these stereotypical characters and predictable story lines in these messed up Hollywood movies. Reinvention could be well-thought for the African-American community, too. I wish that peeps did that.

azladd

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think that mainstream peeps have a hard time trying to pin down WHAT is "THE GAY LIFESTYLE"? You could go to a number of nightclubs: denims/leather...drag queens and drag kings...the circuit bars...dance bars...dives...fetish/alt. Gay lifestyle is definately defined by the bars and the community hang.

I am only one gay dude. I am not into drag queens. Not because of intolerance or gender issues. I just find the whole thing cliche...threadbare worn out. Music-wise, the same thing. House music. Yeah. Screaming lovelorn divas...yeah, yeah. I would love to see DIFFERENT.

I wish that more gay peeps as a whole did a RADICAL RE-THINK of themselves as a community. Gay people wouldn't be sold these stereotypical characters and predictable story lines in these messed up Hollywood movies. Reinvention could be well-thought for the African-American community, too. I wish that peeps did that.

Well put.

arthur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Completely understand why you have "take(n) exception". However, you also seem to be the exception as well?

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight

Then by implication, your same-sex partners were all 'chosen' by you... and consciously so.
How fortunate for them then, that you were so magnanimous with your 'affections'....i mean, who really wants to be 'liked', 'appreciated' and desired by someone simply because they couldn't possibly feel any differently?
....that would be so passe:wink:

LOL. I know exactly which poster set you off, dear Arthur. He typifies a certain mindset in abundance here; i.e., fellas who self-identify as 90%, 99%, even 100% "straight", who nevertheless engage in some rather extreme M/M sexual obsessions and sexual activities. However, they don't consider themselves "gay" in the least, because they don't partake of the "lifestyle". It's just "guys messing around", as long as they don't develop any emotional attachments or gay-marry one. I particularly like the rationalizations of fellas who think it's not at all "gay" sex as long as they only obsess on the cock and try to ignore the life support system it's attached to, or if they only have sex with other "straight" buds. :rolleyes:

On the "lifestyle" question, has anybody seen my rainbow feather boa and my studded leather codpiece?

....sorry Max, i had a 'thing' i had to attend and needed to borrow said feather boa and studded leather codpiece....to be honest, i think they look a little better on me....especially the way they bring out my eyes.:wink:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't believe there is a such thing as a gay lifestyle. What is this lifestyle of which you speak?