'Gay Lifestyle'

Getting9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Afraid it's not a choice being gay. YOU are born that way. You can fool yourself that you are not gay, get married and do all the hetero things but deep in the sub concious you remain gay. Some people are born "bright:, some "dull". Some are born good looking others have surgery. That is choce.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I take exception with this post. I am gay because I choose to be gay. Its a choice that I made as an adult because its my preference.
What do you think sexual orientation is? It's a preference. Duh. What you've said is you "choose" to be gay because you prefer gay sex. :rolleyes:

....sorry Max, i had a 'thing' i had to attend and needed to borrow said feather boa and studded leather codpiece....to be honest, i think they look a little better on me....especially the way they bring out my eyes.:wink:
Well, I'll admit you look fetching in that getup, especially with the addition of the stilettos. I usually wear combat boots. There's no question you look better in the rainbow feather boa, so it's my gift to you. It really wasn't me anyway. However, there's no question I fill out my leather stud codpiece much better. :tongue1:

Last edited:

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
Okay....I very rarely start a thread on this forum, but finally was driven to distraction by the number of people who still are convinced that being gay is something that is chosen. That it is a life 'style'.

I am sure that all of the out and practicing gay men and women here feel exactly the same. When are people gonna finally understand that being gay is not something that we choose because we like Barbra Streisand, or have penchant for Judy Garland records. I know there is a conservative right, both here and in the United States that would like to believe that we have just 'decided to be gay' to spite what the bible or any other righteous group would have us believe. Once and for all. We do not choose to be gay, we are born with the pre ordained sexual chemistry that attracts us to our own sex. Can we finally knock this absurd nonsense on the head and move forward in the 21st century and finally accept that we are not the children of satan. We are just gay...not 'fags' just gay.

Moreover this notion that you can 'train' yourself to be heterosexual is complete and utter nonsense. This is not so much a discussion as a fustrated member who has finally had enough of reading in too many misguided posts about members who have 'experimented' with their 'gay' side and 'taught' or 'trained' their mind into believing that it is not for them.

If the world did not condemn gay people how many of you would be gay and happy with it!?

Am I the only one who has had enough of this?!

I think that the vast majority of people do not view it as a "choice" necessarily, but they do believe there is such thing as a "homosexual lifestyle."

When they see militant homosexuals displaying their "lifestyle" on public streets, they take offense to the agressive, in-your-face intent. It's akin to a straight man who leers at women, is agressive with women, etc. I don't think that the public views homosexuals as worse, but the "homosexual lifestyle" is offensive because of the crude way in which it is manifested. If a gay man is a gentle, upstanding citizen in the community... quite frankly, they don't give a f***.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I think that the vast majority of people do not view it as a "choice" necessarily, but they do believe there is such thing as a "homosexual lifestyle."

When they see militant homosexuals displaying their "lifestyle" on public streets, they take offense to the agressive, in-your-face intent. It's akin to a straight man who leers at women, is agressive with women, etc. I don't think that the public views homosexuals as worse, but the "homosexual lifestyle" is offensive because of the crude way in which it is manifested.
How do you define the "militant" "in-your-face" "homosexual lifestyle" "on public streets"? Gay people kissing or holding hands in public, just like straight people do without a second thought or a second glance? Marching in an annual gay pride parade? Dressing "gay"? Demanding the same rights and privileges unquestioningly afforded to straight people? Demanding their committed life relationships have the same legal protection and benefits?

What kind of guns do "militant homosexuals" carry? Do they wear lavender/pink camouflage fatiques? Do they condemn the "straight lifestyle" from the pulpit in their gay churches? Do they beat up and kill straight people because they don't like their orientation and it makes them question their own?

Seriously, I want you to tell us how you define the "aggressive" "militant" "in-your-face" "homosexual lifestyle".

If a gay man is a gentle, upstanding citizen in the community... quite frankly, they don't give a f***.
So in other words, as long as he's a submissive pussy, assimilates and blends in, i.e., hides in the closet. :rolleyes2:

* putting on my combat boots, dog tags, and leather studded codpiece now and taking to the streets *

Last edited:

azladd

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Lifestyles are supposed to be offensive. Like stereotypes, they marginalize a certain demographic into a certain life dynamic.

Its strange how words take on different unintended meanings. Lifestyles were never meant to be offensive. Define the word. A way of life or style of living that reflects the attitudes and values of a person or group. Thats actually quite simple.If you take for example, lifestyles of the rich and famous, it is a representation of their attitudes and style of living. It does NOT however, define them as an individual. The Amish, live a different lifestyle from you and I but I hardly think they consider it offensive. I think people become over dramatic in their definition of words.

What I also find interesting is the aggressive and intolerant attitude of gays while trying to accuse heterosexuals of the same attitude. This is a forum where people share their opinions and experiences. Yet this " everyone is wrong and I'm right attitude" doesn't prove an argument. Most feel people are born gay, some do not . To the previous poster who says he chooses to be gay, well if that is how he feels, so be it. Who am I to argue someone else's personal feelings are beliefs.

Last edited:

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
Its strange how words take on different unintended meanings. Lifestyles were never meant to be offensive. Define the word. A way of life or style of living that reflects the attitudes and values of a person or group. Thats actually quite simple.If you take for example, lifestyles of the rich and famous, it is a representation of their attitudes and style of living. It does NOT however, define them as an individual. The Amish, live a different lifestyle from you and I but I hardly think they consider it offensive. I think people become over dramatic in their definition of words.

What I also find interesting is the aggressive and intolerant attitude of gays while trying to accuse heterosexuals of the same attitude. This is a forum where people share their opinions and experiences. Yet this " everyone is wrong and I'm right attitude" doesn't prove an argument. Most feel people are born gay, some do not . To the previous poster who says he chooses to be gay, well if that is how he feels, so be it. Who am I to argue someone else's personal feelings are beliefs.
Trollin', trollin', trollin'.:rolleyes:

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
I think that mainstream peeps have a hard time trying to pin down WHAT is "THE GAY LIFESTYLE"? You could go to a number of nightclubs: denims/leather...drag queens and drag kings...the circuit bars...dance bars...dives...fetish/alt. Gay lifestyle is definately defined by the bars and the community hang.

Uh, no, GOProuder.

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media

When they see militant homosexuals displaying their "lifestyle" on public streets, they take offense to the agressive, in-your-face intent. It's akin to a straight man who leers at women, is agressive with women, etc. I don't think that the public views homosexuals as worse, but the "homosexual lifestyle" is offensive because of the crude way in which it is manifested. If a gay man is a gentle, upstanding citizen in the community... quite frankly, they don't give a f***.

Yes, tell us about the feminazis now!

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
Lifestyles are supposed to be offensive. Like stereotypes, they marginalize a certain demographic into a certain life dynamic.

Wrong. Being born a certain ethnicity is NOT akin to holding a man's hand in public. The fact that we have to even say this is an exercise in stupidity. Race is not equal to sexual orientation. BTW- EVERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Culture in the world views homosexuality as an abnormality. Deal with it.

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media

Wrong. Being born a certain ethnicity is NOT akin to holding a man's hand in public. The fact that we have to even say this is an exercise in stupidity. Race is not equal to sexual orientation. BTW- EVERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Culture in the world views homosexuality as an abnormality. Deal with it.

And... by the way... that type of pseudo justification does a dis-service to real inequality. Think about it. The idea that the cause of homesexual agression is on par with civil liberties for people of different skin color is absolutely disgusting.

thirdlegmeat

Sexy Member
Media
Uh, no, GOProuder.

Yawn. Screw Bush... Oh... gasoline is $5/gallon. Hmmm... Hmmm... Hmmm... How is Libyia doing... Hmmm.... He's not white, enemy of my enemies... Hmmm... but he is a failure... how do I reconcile that...? Hmmm.... Potheads like him... Hmmm... But he hates America and is so darn clever... Hmmm, but the rest of the world hates him anyhow... Hmmm. Grow up.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
You know, thirdleg, I wonder why you ignored my response to your previous post and ignored all the questions I put to you based on it. Yet you elected to respond to several posters who hadn't even addressed you. :confused:

How do you define the "militant" "in-your-face" "homosexual lifestyle" "on public streets"? Gay people kissing or holding hands in public, just like straight people do without a second thought or a second glance? Marching in an annual gay pride parade? Dressing "gay"? Demanding the same rights and privileges unquestioningly afforded to straight people? Demanding their committed life relationships have the same legal protection and benefits?

What kind of guns do "militant homosexuals" carry? Do they wear lavender/pink camouflage fatiques? Do they condemn the "straight lifestyle" from the pulpit in their gay churches? Do they beat up and kill straight people because they don't like their orientation and it makes them question their own?

Seriously, I want you to tell us how you define the "aggressive" "militant" "in-your-face" "homosexual lifestyle".
Having read your latest string of posts, I will now withdraw my questions, or at least make them rhetorical.

You're clearly an uneducable bigot and an idiot....
.... a complete idiot. :rolleyes2:

Last edited:

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think that mainstream peeps have a hard time trying to pin down WHAT is "THE GAY LIFESTYLE"? You could go to a number of nightclubs: denims/leather...drag queens and drag kings...the circuit bars...dance bars...dives...fetish/alt. Gay lifestyle is definately defined by the bars and the community hang.

I am only one gay dude. I am not into drag queens. Not because of intolerance or gender issues. I just find the whole thing cliche...threadbare worn out. Music-wise, the same thing. House music. Yeah. Screaming lovelorn divas...yeah, yeah. I would love to see DIFFERENT.

I wish that more gay peeps as a whole did a RADICAL RE-THINK of themselves as a community. Gay people wouldn't be sold these stereotypical characters and predictable story lines in these messed up Hollywood movies. Reinvention could be well-thought for the African-American community, too. I wish that peeps did that.

Invisibleman, I'm convinced that most guys who identify as "gay" aren't too excited by what is portrayed as the "gay lifestyle". My mom has a lot of gay and lesbian friends and I don't remember any of them being close to the stereo-types you might see in film and on TV. It's one of my theories that the film "Brokeback Mountain" challenged everything that is stereo-typical about gay guys. While most people thought the film was about persecution of gays in the past, I saw it as a real love story between two young men that transcended time and space. I think it inspired me to live an honest life and to acknowledge my attraction to other guys, and to no longer be afraid to express my love. There are many guys who aren't able to embrace the whole gay world, as it were, but we still very much want to have intimate relationships with other men. I don't think guys who identify as gay or those who do not should be concerned about an artificial lifestyle.

D_Hillary_Clitton

Account Disabled
Media
Homosexuality has been around since the dawn of time, same as heterosexuality. People need to get over themselves and stop focusing so much on other peoples' business. There are always going to be things people don't like/don't understand/don't want to see, it's a fact of life.

GayFrog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To be or not to be that is the question. Long before that famous quote was uttered theologians believed that homosexuality was a choice and an abomination. Sex researchers have proven that sexual orientation is not a choice. Attraction, preference and sexual identity are choices we as individuals make, and can change.
As a young teenager I took a belt and hung myself, that was a choice, being bullied for being a queer was not. I knew I was different from other boys from a very early age. I tried my hardest; to just fit in. Given a choice back then, you know what it would have been. I had but one choice; to live a lie and that left a bitter taste in my mouth for twenty-three years.
I started a thread a couple of months ago. Being Different And Gay Pride, where I write of my experiences and the Stonewall Riots. It saddens me when I think that forty-two years after those riots and given the results of research and clinical studies; theologians, bigots and fools still believe we have a choice to be or not to be.

Last edited: