Gay marriage ban falls short of majority

Fredneck1951

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you want this to stop, there's only one way to do it: Democrats have to start winning elections. As long as the Republicans are in control, stuff like this is going to keep on coming.

hottxboi16

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I am a democrat....and I am just now able to vote...and believe you me I will ....unless we have another florida repeat *rolls eyes*

Fredneck1951 said:
If you want this to stop, there's only one way to do it: Democrats have to start winning elections. As long as the Republicans are in control, stuff like this is going to keep on coming.

SlickWilly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
it's crap like this stupid ammendment that makes me ashamed to be an American.

... as Lewis said to Joe in Angels in America... "a nice little piece of legal fag-bashing"

Wasn't this country founded to be FREE from tyranny, intolerance & religious oppression? (not a direct quote... paraphrasing here)

and it's not even that I'd necessarily WANT to get married... it's just the government legislating that I CAN'T. It tends to make one (me) feel very marginalized- not worthy of being a citizen. I'm FAR more worthy than a LOT of the boneheads I've encountered across this country.

I remember during the '04 elections... a lawyer acquaintance of mine said "man... if Bush gets re-elected, I'm leaving the country."

Well... he hasn't left (yet), although I've thought of this quite a bit since he first mentioned it... just pack my bags, fold my tent, & get the flock out of Dodge. If America doesn't want me (except to spend my money & pay my taxes), I can probably find a place that does. There are likely countries that are more gay-friendly (at least at first appearances), though there are also plenty that are less gay-friendly.

It seems obvious to me why public opinion (overseas) of the ole U.S. of A is slipping tho. This is just my opinion (and I'm entitled to it), but I think we go sticking our nose into the business of other countries FAR more than is necessary. This country is becoming the proverbial "500 pound gorilla" or "un-wanted houseguest" when it comes to world affairs. If this country truly wants to lead the world, I think it should step back & let other countries try democracy out for themselves without our forced, ham-fisted approach.

oy vey, don't get me started... off the soapbox for now.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We have never voted bigotry and discrimination into the Constitution. It looks like we didn't this time, either. The device is getting pretty transparent, not isn't it? Even the average Fox watcher isn't falling for this these days.

Support Separation of Church and Hate.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fredneck1951 said:
Wrong, Fred. It also had some Dem support. The only way to stop it is to write to your senators and representatives and tell them you want First and Fourteenth Amendment laws, not legislated discrimination. Let them know, whether they are Demicans or Republicrats, that you will not tolerate either bigotry or corruption. If enough of us WRITE to them, they WILL get the picture.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
JustAsking said:
We have never voted bigotry and discrimination into the Constitution. It looks like we didn't this time, either. The device is getting pretty transparent, not isn't it? Even the average Fox watcher isn't falling for this these days.

Support Separation of Church and Hate.
JA, you know I love you dearly, but please don't be naive. If they do it enough, numbness will set in. If they say it enough, even your average CNN watcher will start to believe. Those of us with a shred of sense, intelligence, and decency, have got to be more vocal.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dr Rock said:
the bible voters will all be fucking their pigs in frustration tonight

:biggrin1: Thats good, next they will be fighting for there right to fuck pigs because something in the bible says something about something or other.

hottxboi16

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It got I think 2 dem votes...but the thing that is more discerning is the fact that it was almost a 50-50 vote....not the 2/3 they needed..but more than I would have liked

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
findfirefox said:
:biggrin1: Thats good, next they will be fighting for there right to fuck pigs because something in the bible says something about something or other.
well, bear in mind that if the bill had passed, they'd be fucking their pigs in celebration. and if the amendment hadn't been proposed at all, i daresay most of them would still be fucking pigs at this moment anyways.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dr Rock said:
well, bear in mind that if the bill had passed, they'd be fucking their pigs in celebration. and if the amendment hadn't been proposed at all, i daresay most of them would still be fucking pigs at this moment anyways.

I have no responce. :biggrin1: Because Its True

D_Festus_Fannipat

Account Disabled
Media
I cannot imagine how gay marriage is as much a danger to "family" as the rising levels of poverty, or the skyrocketing deficit, or lack of health insurance, or lack of a suitable prescription drug program, or falling wages, or our failing educational system, or unwed mothers. Or. . . any number of other strains on the stability and longevity of marriage and family.

Why isn't our congress dealing with true issues instead of wasting valuable time voting on an issue they knew could not possibly pass. It is infuriating that this administration is pushing an issue, wasting our tax dollars and our time, for a purely political reason.

smoothrnb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The scary thing is that the right-wingers will not quit pushing for this amendment. Unlike others, right-wingers don't respect majority rule unless they are in the majority. They will not quit until they are silenced!

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To respond to DCDEEP,only one Democratic senator voted with the majority of republicans: Ben Nelson of Nebraska. Nebraska lpsg members, it is time for you to email this asshole and educate him regarding the first amendment and the fourteenth amendment.

My senators, Barbara Boxer and Diane Feinstein, voted for freedom . Its good to be gay and live in CA. And yes, even the high mortgage payments are worth it!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hottxboi16 said:
It got I think 2 dem votes...but the thing that is more discerning is the fact that it was almost a 50-50 vote....not the 2/3 they needed..but more than I would have liked
Very true, but my point is that we cannot kick back, have a cold brew, and relax now. I know supporters of this sort of legislation will not. If we only resist as they try to tighten a noose around our collective necks, we have lost before we get started.