Gay Marriage Got Slaughtered

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When people are denied rights and gay peoples rights are being denied, its NEVER a waste of time. Your whats wrong with this world and you should be ashamed of ourself. Ill use the rights card when I want, it wasnt just tossed out. How many cactus plants do you have. Your comparing a cactus to human rights. That pathetic!!! I have a life ill sell you dude, it only cost 5 cents. Your right to marry should be banned and then we will talk.

Yes it is a waste of time and $$$, and yes some form will pass. And be careful how you toss out the "rights" card. There are some who still try to pass off their cactus plant as a deduction. They feel it's their "right" as well.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not religious, but would understand how this is no different to some Christians or Muslims... like flushing a Koran or a Bible down a toilet. They feel it's an insult to their beliefs.

And some of their "beliefs" are an insult to mine. Yet I don't use my beliefs as an excuse to push an agenda of oppression.

Stop wasting time on Prop 8, and spend the energy to get "civil unions" legally equal, or whatever it is to seek.

Civil unions do not give all the rights that a legally married couple has. I already explained several times how I or my partner could not legally allow our estate to go to another if we lived in a state that didn't recognize same sex civil unions.

Quit poking into the religious side of things

When religious people stop using their beliefs as their vice to deny others their rights, then we'll stop poking at them. I'm a Christian. But I would never use that as my reason for telling someone that they cannot do what they want.

because to be honest that's half of what I see from the anti-Prop 8 side ... is worrying about the religious aspect of all this.

And that's their problem. Some people need to learn how to think for themselves instead of living their life completely oblivious to rational thought. Nobody would want someone else with opposing religious beliefs to oppress them. So why should ANYONE religious or not think about doing it to anyone else?

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you, good post

And some of their "beliefs" are an insult to mine. Yet I don't use my beliefs as an excuse to push an agenda of oppression.

Civil unions do not give all the rights that a legally married couple has. I already explained several times how I or my partner could not legally allow our estate to go to another if we lived in a state that didn't recognize same sex civil unions.

When religious people stop using their beliefs as their vice to deny others their rights, then we'll stop poking at them. I'm a Christian. But I would never use that as my reason for telling someone that they cannot do what they want.

And that's their problem. Some people need to learn how to think for themselves instead of living their life completely oblivious to rational thought. Nobody would want someone else with opposing religious beliefs to oppress them. So why should ANYONE religious or not think about doing it to anyone else?

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Being that I was late to the re-bumping of this thread, can you elaborate on what the point is?

That African Americans voting for Prop 8 were still willing to vote for a law that persecutes homosexuals.

This suggests to me that neither those black people that did vote for it nor, by extension, the other people that voted for it, see homosexuals as a group that deserves equal civil rights.

This given that of all people in the United States, African Americans would likely be the most sensitive to civil rights abuses because they've historically been the major victims of them.

That is a very bitter pill for me to swallow.

It makes me feel that homosexuals have a very long road before them because they don't even have a stalwart friend in the other minority groups in our country.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

so you think it's a right to be able to publicly flush a Koran down a toilet?

Civil unions do not give all the rights that a legally married couple has. I already explained several times...

and I just explained to you what the eye on the prize should be...

When religious people stop using their beliefs as their vice to deny others their rights

you don't realize how many non-religious Californians have twice voted against same-sex marriage. again, it's you making it a religious issue.

Beachboy19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
so you think it's a right to be able to publicly flush a Koran down a toilet?

and I just explained to you what the eye on the prize should be...

you don't realize how many non-religious Californians have twice voted against same-sex marriage. again, it's you making it a religious issue.

VinylBoy, dont even bother, let these types be.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How many? The mormon cult made it a religious issue.

you don't realize how many non-religious Californians have twice voted against same-sex marriage. again, it's you making it a religious issue.[/quote]

Beachboy19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If for 4000 years society had accepted that MARRIAGE was between two homosexual partners and I wanted my relationship with a woman to be considered MARRIAGE then honestly unless it was blessed by the majority homosexual community, who for 4000 years had been the standard bearers of this religious and social value, then I wouldn't do anything more then try to reason with society to accept my proposal of MARRIAGE. If however it was not accepted due to such religious grounds of marriage for 4000 years being defined as a man man/woman woman relationship I would ask for a similar CONTRACT which in the eyes of the law would show that I have the same rights but in the eyes of religion was totally differentiated.

Not only would this mean that religion would stay intact and have no confrontation as my contarctual relationship would be exclisvely outside the realm of religion - not interfering at all, but the same rights (which I am of the belief is what gay people want....not the destruction of religion) in the eyes of secular government would be bestowed upon me and my woman.

That is the honest truth.

There was same-sex marriages during Roman times. And you know Greco-Roman culture is one of the bases of the Western culture. These marriages were banned with the arrival of Christianity.

And those marriages in the past 4000 years does include child abuse (unfortunately, still does, look at age of consent laws in countries like Mexico), polygamy (again, still does in some muslim countries), etc.

And in the past 4000 years societies accepted wars (pretty common until after ww2), slavery, various forms of oppression (ranging from nazism to communism to theocracies), sexism, etc.

Appeal to history is a pretty stupid argument, really.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How many? The mormon cult made it a religious issue.

[/quote]

Last I checked the Church of Latter Day Saints wasn't a "cult", per se.

That can't be verified though... same as your LPSG membership, but I digress.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
next!

That can't be verified though... same as your LPSG membership, but I digress.[/quote]

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Your a very lost 2yo little boy. your cornbreads in the oven but it aint baking

the ignore feature is a beautiful thing. buh-bye to your minimal knee-jerk rhetoric.[/quote]

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

That can't be verified though... same as your LPSG membership, but I digress.[/quote]

Mormons aren't cultists?
No I suppose not.
After all it takes a very religious minded person to abide by all those hallucinations seen by "The Elder Joe".
Whom else would follow The Book of Moron !
cigarbabe:saevil:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Because it IS a religious issue. There is nothing else on Earth that has been as loud or has had a long, documented history of proposing a negative agenda towards the ideal of two people of the same sex having love for one another. Even the most "non-religious" person conducts many aspects of their lives based on the morals and teachings that are spun through religion, regardless if they actively practice it or not. To consider yourself "non-religious" means you have to actually know what religion is, what it stands for, and then practice a lifestyle that is not influenced by it.

Being that you're not gay, that it's not your personal rights being threatened, and that you really don't really care, I don't expect you to understand.. But believe me, I know how to pay attention to the root of the issue and not get sidetracked by all of the smokescreens.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
That African Americans voting for Prop 8 were still willing to vote for a law that persecutes homosexuals.

Yes, I am a black man and I do know how minorities have a tendency to be negative towards homosexuality. However, I'm ALSO a gay man. And as a gay man I can see that the blame is not the African American community alone. People are still blinded by that the majority African American voters, not even coming to grips that African Americans made up only 15% of the vote in total. What about the other 85%? Caucasions, Latinos, Asians, Native Americans... anyone who voted for that bill is the problem. And if you know that there's a problem within your race or community, even a small one, then you shouldn't even be trying to blame another for the same thing.

This given that of all people in the United States, African Americans would likely be the most sensitive to civil rights abuses because they've historically been the major victims of them.

That is a very bitter pill for me to swallow.

Don't drink the Kool-Aid... you're smarter than that. Look at the FULL picture. No "one race" is responsible for this law passing. That is, unless you can point to a race that voted on this bill and was completely against it. If you can, please show me the statistics because I missed that memo. Probably because it was buried by countless rhetoric from the religious telling me that I'm not worthy of my rights, as well as the pseudo-socially righteous telling me, in their own words, that I should be ashamed of my race at the same time. There's a common ground with every single person who voted Yes on Prop 8. And it's not their skin color. So please, don't bring the rhetoric to me at all. Because a person like me will either be blamed for it being black or for being gay and I'm fuckin' sick of it.