Gay marriage.

Are you for or against gay marriage yes or no?

• Total voters

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmm, thought you guys could get married. We have civil unions here for gays.
We have a couple of states that allow marriage, a couple of others that recognize civil unions - but the majority of our 50 states and the District of Columbia do not. Some states have recently passed laws or amended their constitutions specifically for the purpose of denying specific rights to same-gender couples. And our federal government has done the same. Our federal laws prohibit the federal government from giving homosexuals many legal protections afforded to heterosexuals.

Yes we can have a solely secular marriage at a registry office. Some vicars/priests will bless the union irrespective.
Thank you, I thought that was the case.

The point that i can't understand is why people, some people, feel the need to rule the life of others. I mean, if allowing gay marriages involves an increase of taxes, i could understand some opinions, but allowing it doesn't bring any kind of consecuence. Nothing in my life is going to change because of the gay marriages, why should i care about it?
Great question, Knockernail! I've been asking the "anti" people that for years, but they never will give me an answer. Even your comment about taxes... If William and George get married in Toledo, and Susan and Michael get married in Seville, how does that have any effect whatsoever on Pedro in Barcelona? It doesn't. My marital status has no effect on the taxes of any other person other than my spouse.

Now, back to the question of why some people want to control the lives of others: because that's the only way those people can feel good about themselves - discriminating against anyone else that they can.

TitanicJake

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If two human beings are in love they should marry if they wish.
They should be married both legally & in their house of worship if they wish.

I don't understand why people are so angry about giving all humans equal rights.

I believe that 100 years from now people will read about how gays were treated as second class citizens , less than moral and not entitled to the rights of others.
I believe people will read about this time and say I cannot believe people were treated so unequally by their government and their church.
I believe people will read how in the United States of America (the most sexually oppressed country) was the last country in the world to recognize gays as human and give them the equal rights they deserved.

It's just my opinion but I truly believe it will happen.

Jake

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't understand why people are so angry about giving all humans equal rights.
Ah, Jake, I can explain that to you in just a couple of short sentences. It all boils down to "the haves" and "the have nots." The "haves" will do everything in their power to keep the "have nots" from having. It's the only way they can feel good about themselves - it helps them to believe that they are better than "those people."

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't know if anyone pointed this out, but your poll makes no sense.

"Are you for or against gay marriage yes or no?"

yes...I am for or against gay marriage

no....I am not for or against gay marriage.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Please read this post carefully as I will likely be taking an unpopular position, but I will do my best to explain myself clearly. I am against gay marriage, because in my view marriage is a religious union. With out getting into that whole Adam and Eve vs Adam and Steve stupidity I am in favor of Gay civil unions. The whole issue I think stems from the wording, gay marriage scares the Bible belt for reasons that we are all aware of, many view the issue as an attack on “Christian Values.” However if two people are willing to commit to each other why shouldn’t they be allowed to be joined legally, with all the benefits and handicaps that are associated with “marriage.” I honestly think that the gay community could benefit from a change in nomenclature; it may prove to be more productive in establishing legal rights and keeping religion out of the debate. Now feel free to misread, twist words and attack.

Marriage is just a word...If we call it gay ROSE can we have all the same rights and privileges?

"A ROSE by any other name would smell as sweet."

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can never figure out why those who claim "christian values" as their basis for being anti-gay-marriage (or any gay rights, for that matter) claim that "allowing" gays to marry will "destroy the institution of marriage, which is the foundation of our civilization." What none of them has explained to me, is "why isn't divorce a much greater threat to marriage than marriage is?" Why am I a greater threat to the institution of marriage than Elizabeth Taylor (married 8 times, divorced 7 times) or Britany Spears (a drunken marriage that lasted only hours)?

You won't hear of the anti-gay-marriage folks addressing those issues.