Gay men have bigger penises?

I just came across this journal article: AF Bogaert & S Hershberger, "The relation between sexual orientation and penile size." Archives of Sexual Behavior, vol. 28, no. 3, 1999, pp. 213-21.

It reports that, on average, gay men have longer and thicker penises than straight men. Apparently it has something to do with the different prenatal hormone levels between gay and straight men.

What do you think of this? Anyone seen lots of gay and straight dicks to make a comparison?? :paranoid:

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Interesting stats but as you know, you can pretty much make the numbers go any way you want. Would love to know what the sample population was that they did this study with.

In any case, if true, would certainly explain why so many of the big dicks on this site show at least a 1% Gay in THEIR stats!! lol

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just came across this journal article: AF Bogaert & S Hershberger, "The relation between sexual orientation and penile size." Archives of Sexual Behavior, vol. 28, no. 3, 1999, pp. 213-21.

It reports that, on average, gay men have longer and thicker penises than straight men. Apparently it has something to do with the different prenatal hormone levels between gay and straight men.

What do you think of this? Anyone seen lots of gay and straight dicks to make a comparison?? :paranoid:
Bullshit

lol. maybe some straight men get offended by the suggestion...and the question of their sexuaity...i have found that gay men appreciate a bigger penis hence the 1%-everyone likes a compliment....

Hunt3ed

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well I suppose there is an article that will support any kind of bullshit, out there for what ever reason. My personal experience relating to sexual encounters with gay men does not support gay men having bigger penises at all. I've met quite a few believe me. Mostly the men I've met have had average if not smaller than normal penis size, well compared to myself that is. A lot of them had had some form of damage to them as well, such as torn phreniums, foreskins that don't pull back, damage from poor circumcisions, unusual bends, very thin at the base with disproportionately bulbous heads, unusually long foreskins, over sized scrotum's, undersized scrotum's...

I got so worried at one stage, in fact that I was begining to think that gay men became gay because their penis shape or size wasn't normal and the didn't want to be embarrassed by having sex with a woman.

I've since found out differently... But if you want to state that gay men have bigger than straight men, then I think you really have to do a lot more leg work to convince me of this one. Where was the study group, what were the ages, what were the races, and all that. What measurement technique was used? What sample size? Equally a lot more research needs to be done on genetic profiling in order to validate that claim. I'm sure that in one or two cities in the world there may be populations of Gay men that may be larger than average, but overall, not a chance. Men across the board will show the same statistical size comparisons for what ever their sexual orientation. Regional demographics, climate, race, may affect size and shape to some extent. But as for sexual orientation, I smell a rat on this one.

conchis

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gay men have bigger penises? no.
gay men are men so they have the same possibility to have a big penis as straight men.

TenPntOh

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There is a saying that truth is stranger than fiction. I have to agree with Hunt3ed. The truth is that YES, there are articles out there substantiating all kinds of bogus bullshit. If you want to believe in something, just get on the internet and start researching, you're sure to find it. Anything can be perpetuated by a few skewed 'facts'.

I also had that same concept as Hunt3ed at one time, but not becuz of damaged or misfuigred penises of gay men, i have run across some gay men that i felt may have been gay (esp. a bottom) becuz they felt their small size was very inadequate.

Larger penis sizes in gay men? I doubt it. I've seen my fair share of both during swinging sessions and doing what i do with guys or whatever and i disagree strongly. Str8's and bi's like myself seem to take the cake and take home the prizes too...--lol

(just my opinion....)

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Time flys with these threads Calboner, I have to agree with JustJoe in the last thread on this topic. I mean studys show that a particular food is bad for us then a year later the next study tells us that same food is good for us, i dont believe any of it.

D_Earlsomme Eatsprick

Sexy Member
Media
I agree with Hunt on this one. I would also question the validity of the study.

There is a simple explanation on which I'm thinking, obviously it is all to verifying.. :rolleyes:
The size of cock is relate to (also) high levels of testosterone and testosterone to many behaviours, such as aggressive and dominant behaviours. Active gay male behaviours ARE a demonstration of dominance.. so, if the study is on have had some homosexual behaviuors (including active gay behaviours), I think mine can be an explanation.

i021573

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Superficially you could think this theory is right. If I go to a gay sauna, most guys will be bigger than average. If I go to a normal sportsclub, most penisses are average. This does not mean that gay penisses are bigger, it just means that the gay sauna visitor is bigger then average! Just as the average nude beach visitor is bigger then average! It is all about wanting to be exposed or not. When I was in high school, my field hockey team mates in the shower were all average sized. This would be strange, since we're talking about 14 boys or so. But the clue was that the 3 or so boys who showered at home, were all very well endowed, considering the big bulges in their sweat pants....they were just embarrased to show...