Gay Men: How many men have you slept with?

sedated

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm 26 and only have been with five guys, the last one is the one I have been on a 6 years relationship.

Completly monogamus and proud of that :tongue:.

Peace!

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
He's a member so he had fucking well better post the same answer :wink: Besides the OP asked about sleeping with people not having sex with them.
AHH! revirginized! I only have slept with one guy for 27 years!

Two old hags sitting on a porch and one say's "hey, sadie do you remember the minuet" to which sara replies " hell no I don't even remember the one's I fucked ."

B_bicepguy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Tricky question for some of us. It's over a 1000, easily. I've been single and in relationships, but when single I tent to go for it. These figures may shock some str8s/monogomous gays. My theory is that men are programmed to have sex by instinct. So when two men meet it's far more usual for sex to happen than str man/woman. All that wining and dining just to get laid! hehehe.

40, I cam out at 27. Prior to that it was 4 girls in total.

Aralisian

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am 31 and my number tends to be around 110 give or take a few that a drug induced stupor really wont let me recall. ;-) I came out at 20 and most of those guys were in the first six years or so. . .

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I notice that minus some of the people in this thread, the majority are huge numbers. I guess gay men do get more sex, since gay men are more promiscious.

What constitutes a huge number? More than twenty?

Generalizations are generally wrong, especially regarding promiscuity and gay men. There are plenty of members here with fewer than ten notches on their bedposts.

I'm on record as one of the more active members here and can only guess that it would be somewhere between 800-1000. Spread over the thirty years I've been sexually active, that's still quite a bit.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
What constitutes a huge number? More than twenty?

Generalizations are generally wrong, especially regarding promiscuity and gay men. There are plenty of members here with fewer than ten notches on their bedposts.

I'm on record as one of the more active members here and can only guess that it would be somewhere between 800-1000. Spread over the thirty years I've been sexually active, that's still quite a bit.

Well the average according to How do you measure up? | Special reports | The Observer the guardian is around 10-15.

Compare that to triple and quadruple figures and yes, that's a huge amount.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well the average according to How do you measure up? | Special reports | The Observer the guardian is around 10-15.

Compare that to triple and quadruple figures and yes, that's a huge amount.

Look, here's the thing:

For the majority of straight society, gay men will always be considered deviant and abnormal. There's nothing one can do to alter these perceptions, so part of living an openly gay life is knowing that one will always be perceived as different. That's a given.

But words like "promiscuous" are freighted with moralistic connotations and imply negative judgment. My main concern when feeling judged is wondering who's doing the judging.

I'll not deny that I've had more sex with more people than the average straight guy (or gay guy, for that matter), but what does that mean, aside from the fact that I'm slutty?

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Paul Cameron did studies on gay relationships and was condemned as a gay basher even though most of what he wrote was true. Some of it was ridiculous like saying that gays were more likely to be criminals, but for the most part the the statistics on sexual partners and activities were correct.

Sure there are straight men who've had a lot of sex partners, but for the most part gay men are highly promiscuous because they can be.

On this website alone you are not going to read about a straight guy having sex with 1000 different women. If you do it's extremely rare even outside of this website. Sure there are guys like Gene Simmons and Hugh Hefner, but they're rich and famous. A gay man can go to a bathhouse and have sex with 10 guys in one night. A straight guy can have sex with 10 women in one night if he goes to a brothel in Nevada and pays for it.

Straight men don't have bathhouses where you can get free sex. They can't go to a restroom to have sex with a woman or a cruising park. It's completely different in every way conceivable. Women have periods, can get pregnant, can get a disease and many other reasons why they will not have sex at any given time.

I have a gay friend and he and his partner have been together and monogamous for about 15 years. Sadly, he and his partner have no gay male friends. Their friends are straight people and lesbians. Every time they have a male gay friend the guy eventually wants some kind of threesome and can't respect their "marriage".

Paul Cameron stated:

Although gay activists often argue that legalizing homosexual marriage.would help make such relationships more permanent, the reality is that most gays desire variety in their sex partners, not the monogamy of traditional marriage.
  • In 1987, only 23% of gays in London reported sexual exclusivity "in the month before interview."
  • In 1990, only 12% of gays in Toronto, Canada said that they were in monogamous relationships.
  • In 1991, in the midst of the AIDS crisis, Australian gays were monitored to see whether they had changed their sexual habits. There was essentially no change in 5 years: 23% reported a monogamous relationship, 35% a non-monogamous relationship, and 29% only "casual sex." The authors reported that "there were almost as many men moving into monogamy as out of it, and out of casual-only partnerships as into them."
  • In 1993, a study of 428 gays in San Francisco found that only 14% reported just a single sexual partner in the previous year. The vast majority had multiple sex partners.
  • In 1994, the largest national gay magazine reported that only 17% of its sample of 2,500 gays claimed to live together in a monogamous relationship.
  • Some gays average somewhere between 106 and 1105 different partners/year
Even gays who do have long-term partners do not play by the typical 'rules.' Only 69% of Dutch gays" with a marriage-type 'partner' actually lived together. The average number of "outside partners" per year of 'marriage' was 7.1 and increased from 2.5 in the first year of the relationship to 11 in the 6th year.

At any given time, less than a third of gays and approximately half of lesbians are living with a lover. Because the relationships are so short, the average homosexual can anticipate many, many 'divorces.'

At any instant, about 10% of gays live together in monogamous relationships. Their monogamy seldom lasts beyond a year. Perhaps half of lesbians live together in monogamous relationships. These typically dissolve in one to three years.
These same patterns appear in the scientific literature over the last 50 years both long before and during the AIDS epidemic. This consistency suggests a reality associated with the practice of homosexuality, one unlikely to be affected by changes in marriage laws.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'll not deny that I've had more sex with more people than the average straight guy (or gay guy, for that matter), but what does that mean, aside from the fact that I'm slutty?

You got a terrible disease from being slutty, and may have given it to many others. That's not a good thing no matter how you look at it.