Gay Men: How many men have you slept with?

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Great job, Lex.

Sad virgin = zero for me

Rob <3

Take your time--there is plenty of cock to go around. Easy to find (if that is what you are looking for)

One weekend, I was single and at a gay leather event and came about 5 times in 2 days. I ran into several people I had chatted with and we just decided to go for it while we had some mutual time and opportunity.

One time, when I was straight and around 20, I slept with 3 women in a day.

It's all relative.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Why is it so mind-boggling?

Zora held for years that straight guys' beef with gay guys was knowing that they (gay men) had more sex. :rolleyes: I think I touched upon in another thread how gay men are having sex with other men whose sex drives are more or less equivalent.

Of course that's very true, and I've mentioned it quite often. And when you say it--it will be okay, but when a straight says it you'll hear, "gay stereotype, hater, homophobic."
It's not actually a beef. Just something straight guys have a hard time grasping. If women were ready, willing, and available that much, it would be like being in a candy store. The downside--something new in the news this week:

AFP: Gay men at greater risk from dangerous, drug-resistant 'superbug'

And something that's not getting any better:

Men Who Have Sex with Men - STD Surveillance 2006

Men and women rarely, in average, have the same sex drive. Also -- men are much more likely to not attach emotional connection to sex (as women sometimes do).

Very true, but also kind of sad, too. Free will is great, but there's nothing wrong with self control either; it doesn't kill you, and can only make you stronger.

Without those restrictions, it should come as no surprise that men who are having sex with men are having more sex than men who are having sex with women. I have had sex with both and can clearly demark the differences in how easy (or difficult) getting sex can be, depending upon who you are trying to get sex from.

Of course it's easier for gay men. What guy isn't horny most of the time? Women on the other hand.....:frown1:

In the end, the larger question (to the OP) is why do you care and what does it matter?

And why do people even answer? It's not a contest. :rolleyes: Well, maybe for some. The higher the number does not make you any better than anyone else.

One weekend, I was single and at a gay leather event and came about 5 times in 2 days. I ran into several people I had chatted with and we just decided to go for it while we had some mutual time and opportunity.

That's common.

One time, when I was straight and around 20, I slept with 3 women in a day.

That's not so common.

Roscoz

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
It takes a lot for me to like someone. So i dont just give it up for anyguy. I'll only do anal in a relationship. Thats just how i am.

I'll have some fun along the way though but no anal.

So ive only had anal with 2 guys. And im 33

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Of course that's very true, and I've mentioned it quite often. And when you say it--it will be okay, but when a straight says it you'll hear, "gay stereotype, hater, homophobic."

When I say that men are hornier than women? It's not that gay men are not hornier than straight men; it's that men are hornier than women.

Just something straight guys have a hard time grasping. If women were ready, willing, and available that much, it would be like being in a candy store.

Straight men or you? You always note that straight men have a hard time understanding things when you don't understand them as if you represent them all. I have plenty of straight male friends and they seem to understand these concepts (and others) just fine.

Maybe sheltered straight men do not understand them. Who knows?

I don't find myself having a hard time understanding straight men.

The downside--something new in the news this week:

AFP: Gay men at greater risk from dangerous, drug-resistant 'superbug'

And something that's not getting any better:

Men Who Have Sex with Men - STD Surveillance 2006
I advocate safer sex all the time. I am not sure why you are linking this. I have had sex with men and women over the course of my lifetime and it was always safe. Safer sex is a concern for every person having sex, regardless of orientation.

Very true, but also kind of sad, too. Free will is great, but there's nothing wrong with self control either; it doesn't kill you, and can only make you stronger.

Equating sleeping with more people to a lack of self-control is ridiculous. Many gay men have more opportunity for sex, so how do you determine that the higher numbers are a result of lack of control? I am very selective in my sexual partners and, theoretically, my numbers may still be higher than some other man. Self-control, in that instance, would have little to do with it.

That's common.

How do you know?

Also: Common or stereotypical? Touche! :rolleyes:

That's not so common.
How do you know that? I Know plenty of straight men who have plenty of sex.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The one and only Paul Cameron and yes he was kicked out of the APA. If you check this website and others where gay men talk about the amount of sexual partners and any other kind of research on gay men, you'll find that Cameron's data was right on. Some of his other writings were just plain ridiculous.

And gay men like straight men tend to overstate their sexual conquest :confused:

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It takes a lot for me to like someone. So i dont just give it up for anyguy. I'll only do anal in a relationship. Thats just how i am.

Gets down on one knee with ring :tongue:

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When I say that men are hornier than women? It's not that gay men are not hornier than straight men; it's that men are hornier than women.

Yes, they are. Except for NJQT and Bedheadred! :wink:

Straight men or you? You always note that straight men have a hard time understanding things when you don't understand them as if you represent them all. I have plenty of straight male friends and they seem to understand these concepts (and others) just fine.

Maybe sheltered straight men do not understand them. Who knows?

I don't find myself having a hard time understanding straight men.

I don't represent all of them, but straight men are usually complaining about not getting enough sex. And you have experienced both as a straight and now gay. There is a vast difference you must admit.

I advocate safer sex all the time. I am not sure why you are linking this. I have had sex with men and women over the course of my lifetime and it was always safe. Safer sex is a concern for every person having sex, regardless of orientation.

Those links are important for gay men to see. That staph is going on in the gay community right now, per that article. There is not mention of straights. I used to mention safe and safer sex all the time, and I finally took someone's advice and "stopped trying to beat a dead horse", as she put it, so I did. People do not want to hear it, and the evidence is in those links.

Equating sleeping with more people to a lack of self-control is ridiculous. Many gay men have more opportunity for sex, so how do you determine that the higher numbers are a result of lack of control?

They do have more opportunity. All it takes is saying "no" or not seeking it out as frequently and looking for ltr's.

I am very selective in my sexual partners and, theoretically, my numbers may still be higher than some other man. Self-control, in that instance, would have little to do with it.

Exactly. You are selective yet you admit your number may still be higher. You didn't want to control your actions.

How do you know?

Also: Common or stereotypical? Touche! :rolleyes:

How do you know that? I Know plenty of straight men who have plenty of sex.

Your words: "One weekend, I was single and at a gay leather event and came about 5 times in 2 days. I ran into several people I had chatted with and we just decided to go for it while we had some mutual time and opportunity. One time, when I was straight and around 20, I slept with 3 women in a day."

It's opportunity and the opportunity for a straight guy to have sex with three women in a day is rare--extremely rare. A gay man could do that in one hour in a bathhouse.

I've had these debates months ago and there is no way you can even compare gay men to straight men.

Your words to a poster:

"Take your time--there is plenty of cock to go around. Easy to find (if that is what you are looking for)"

and to me:

"I think I touched upon in another thread how gay men are having sex with other men whose sex drives are more or less equivalent. Men and women rarely, in average, have the same sex drive. Also -- men are much more likely to not attach emotional connection to sex (as women sometimes do)."

It's not the same, Lex. I won't comment on this thread anymore. Don't want to be a hijacker. :frown1: PM me if you want, but I'm not sure how much more I can say.

And gay men like straight men tend to overstate their sexual conquest :confused:

They do? I'm not sure why, but okay.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

This is not just about anal sex. Unless you're one of those people who doesn't think oral sex is sex. :confused: I didn't think they still existed. :rolleyes:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Exactly. You are selective yet you admit your number may still be higher. You didn't want to control your actions. ...

I am confused by the fact that you think I was somehow not in control of my actions when I chose, on select occasions, to have sex.

So, are all the people who complain about not having enough or any sex more in control?