Gay Men More Promiscuous

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
On Friday, I had a conversation that mirrored the points in this thread closely.

Many in society view gay men and all women with the same lens, when evaluating us from a sexual standpoint. If women are forward about liking sex for recreation and pleasure, it is often assumed that she must be some sort of slut, or, at the very least promiscuous. The same set of false values are applied to gay men.

There are many gay men, who make no apologies for enjoying sex as a form or recreation. We go to great lengths to make ourselves attractive and maintain our youth and vitality in a way that straight men often do not do.

Straight men, who are promiscuous, go to great lengths so as to be perceived as "pillars of their respective communities". Think Ward Cleaver of Leave it to Beaver. No one would ever think that Ward would screw women casually for sex; yet, it happens.... much more frequently than many would realize.

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
This is not a misconception. Gay promiscuity can’t always be applied to the individual, but as a whole, gay men are much more promiscuous than straight men, straight women, and lesbian women.

This is really a fact.

I'm curious, what's this fact based upon?

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Biologically there is no difference between gay and straight men apart from their orientation.

The only reason I can think for why straight men would be different is the impact of religion on society.

Because openly gay men already operate outside many of the conventions of religion, there is less obstruction to hold them back from doing what's natural.

tito21

Superior Member
Media
Wow, where to begin.

How about rather than picking apart your post line by line, I just say this: You have a lot of preconceptions that are just simply wrong.

Over-generalizing is not a way to the path of learning. It just shoes you in, and you end up offending people along the way.

90% of my posts are silly or joke posts to make people laugh.

And I’m not getting any hint of “joke” or sarcasm in his post. That bloke was dead serious! And scarily so!

malakos

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As an example, some men don't masturbate because it's a sin. If you want to call masturbation "yielding to inpulses", I suppose my answer is yes.

Would you be comfortable with calling it natural for some people to murder those who upset them (i.e. crimes of passion)? It seems this likewise follows from yielding to impulses.

Player_01

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it's a misconception that women don't want sex, younger women especially are more open about sexuality. It's just older people used to not be able to talk about it. Straight men like sex every bit as much as gay men, that's all they talk about.

At least if you know any straight people you'd hear it :p

Brodie888

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Would you be comfortable with calling it natural for some people to murder those who upset them (i.e. crimes of passion)? It seems this likewise follows from yielding to impulses.

Both impulses are natural. One is legal in most countries, the other is not.

Reactions: dreambridger

dreambridger

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
They also might be less likely to commit a murder if they had gotten a good lay beforehand.

Fishsqueezee69

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I believe that just about every gay man has a period in which he is quite promiscuous, usually soon after he comes out or acknowledges that he is gay. The sexual social development of gay men, especially older ones, is not similar to that of straight men. For example, we get didn't know what it meant to have a high school boyfriend, except on the sly. We couldn't hold hands or kiss in public, attend the prom together, or go through the painful experience of breaking up ( which could ultimately lead to a better adjusted relationship). We often lived in fear that anyone would discover our " secret," especially our parents, or even hint that we were " different." In some places, being gay would make the boy or man fear for his life. Many were forced to date girls and some to eventually marry. So, for many gay men, once the proverbial floodgates were opened, we made up for the years of repressed desire and went through a promiscuous period. Some stayed there, others found partners. But, I would agree that, in general, gays can be looked at as being more promiscuous. After all, in a bathhouse or on Grindr, you don't have to buy dinner in order to get laid.

This is so true. I went through that phase after I broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years. I spent almost 2 years just serially dating, having 3 somes, 4 somes, being the third wheel in an established relationship, having sex with a coworker, having sex with a friend, etc.

I think gay men have generally a much easier time getting laid. Another thing I believe is that gay men tend to make most of their fantasies true while straight men are generally less likely to act on their fantasies.

I believe that perhaps the OP may be talking about whether this applies to all gay men and/or if gay men can be monogamous. The answer is that there are gay men out there who are LESS promiscuous (eg have less sexual partners) than the average straight men. My husband probably has been with less than 3 guys.

And I can arrest to the fact that monogamy exist in the gay world. I have been in a monogamous relationship for almost 15 years.

dante33

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
From my own observations: yes.
You don't see many straight bathouses, cruising spots or bars with dark rooms.
It is easy for the average guy to get laid or at the very least, a BJ in the gay comunity. No strings attached is also easier to get than in straight sex.
Now, does it compare to straight men's? No, but it probably would if straight sex were easier. You don't see gay pickup artists or gay "incels".

It doesn't mean that monogamy or fidelity are impossible. Just that the gay community creates a breeding ground for it.

Reactions: malakos and AVx22

HOU_HEADHUNTER

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Straight men and gay men are wired the same. With that being said I think all men have the potential to be promiscuous if the opportunity presented itself which it does more often with gay men. There is a reason behind the promiscuity among gay men. For one, gay men were discouraged as young boys from exploring any same gender attractions or any emotions that may have signified homosexuality. Adults felt they were helping a child by steering him away from homosexuality when in fact they were doing harm to that child. As a result of all of this correcting and leading the child away from homosexuality the child wants to please his elders and superiors by trying to fit the heterosexual norm and it goes against their nature so this causes some psychological damage. A part of that psychological damage is in the form of promiscuity. Gay men suppress those feelings but eventually they will come out with great urgency. Gay men are unfairly lead to believe that their lifestyle is unnatural and will lead to death, disease, and damnation. I believe that if gay men were allowed to explore their nature the way straight people were allowed there would be less promiscuousness and more long lasting unions.

Reactions: Hakan1

Beanie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Theres the misconception that gay men are more promiscuous than straight men. Why do you think that. Also they also say that gay male couples in committed relationships have more sex with each other daily than straight couples.
Men are men, they are naturally more promiscuous than women I think. The fact that gay men get a ‘bad rep’ for being more promiscuous is because their partners are also more inclined to be promiscuous so naturally more available partners so they get more sex. Makes sense.

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that in general, men and women view sex differently. It was either Woody Allen or Billy Crystal who had a line that said. "Women need a reason to have sex, men just need a place". If no strings attached sex was as readily available for straight men as it is for gay men, I don't think the numbers would be much different. I think, again, in general, men understand the "it was just sex" idea.