Gay men & Muscles?

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
jeff black said:
Gone, that is just wishful thinking on your part.... Perhaps you could explain the woman that left my bed a few hours ago?

Give me an opportunity to offer possibilities, since I was married to a female for 29 years and have three children to prove some "bed work". I fooled/forced myself into wanting hetero quite a few of those years, even listing my percentages as 90/10. It just took the 'perfect' female to pull out that 10%. I'm not questioning your preference, Jeff, not in the least, just jumped on your proof of the "woman leaving your bed".

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
RoysToy said:
Give me an opportunity to offer possibilities, since I was married to a female for 29 years and have three children to prove some "bed work". I fooled/forced myself into wanting hetero quite a few of those years, even listing my percentages as 90/10. It just took the 'perfect' female to pull out that 10%. I'm not questioning your preference, Jeff, not in the least, just jumped on your proof of the "woman leaving your bed".

one of the worst assumptions one can make is to assume that everyone is feeling the same thing that you are.....what i mean is maybe he is confused or maybe he is feeling what he says and is much more straight than gay.....i do find it funny that when someone questions their sexuality and then decide/admit/choose/whatever to be gay they have liberated themselves and have accepted themselves but those same people who decide/admit/choose/whatever to be straight have given into societal oppression and have forgotten who they trully are......seems like a double standard to me

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorcerer said:
I think muscles and a big dick will get you further in the gay world than intelligence, character and a sense of humor. What are the first things guys want to know when they're hooking up with you? Stats.

Maybe...if you are horny and looking to score a buff. Every gay man can not live up to being buff and/or well-hung.

I think that physical aesthetics can get you to a point though. You have to have those other qualities: character, PERSONALITY (individuality), sense of humor, intelligence (what ever that supposed to mean because intellectualism means different things to different people), confidence, enthusiasm, humility, personal and professional credos, passion, having other hobbies and interests that are outside the gay world, and maybe some other things (things the individual has to think about what is suitable for themselves). You also have to have a major affinity towards the one you like. All these things aforementioned will affect the affinity factor.

montani

Just Browsing
Media
A number of years ago I used to frequent the local YMCA, and there was a young, muscular guy from rural West Virginia that swaggered through the locker room and showers. His flaccid size was amazing, and that was enhanced by large, low-hanging balls. He was from a place named Bull Creek, and he was certainly hung like the proverbial bull! Needless to say, he got stares from both gay and straight guys.

glenroebuck

Experimental Member
Media
I call bullshit on this one......

You know why guys are checking you out .. I never get this...people know when they are hot..you know it. You can be modest, you can pretend but you don't spend 2 hours (or more) a day in the gym, scarf down protien and give up any thing that looks like a carb - not to be ogled when you walk down the street, or strut through the gym naked....

is a gay guy attracted to your hot bod or big cock or both?? does it matter? the day they stop drooling is the day you need to wonder about...

now shut up and give me your number :)

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It could also be a case of eye candy, pure and simple. Even though I'm gay I still can admit when a woman is pretty and hot. Because I like to look at eye candy.

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
TitanicJake said:
I get crusied/checked out at the gym by gay men often. Is it a muscle/visual thing? Do gay men like the look of muscles or the thought of the strength behind them? Is it pure dick size cause I hang big while flaccid. Or is it the whole package? I am unsure. Women are into a "certain look" and they are less visual. I am just curious about what it is that the men find appealing.
Jake

SOME gay men like muscles as do some women but some gay men like fats or femmes.
WE can all admire things of eauty however whether an athlete , a piece of music or the lovely Jane Seymour ....
Perhaps well-hug men "flaunt" themselves subconsciously ?

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you are male and have something about you that I consider attractive: your ass, your muscles, your abs, your chest, your arms, your face, your legs, your manner, your walk, your talk, your eyes, your athleticism your masculinity, your cock, your physique, your personality...... get the picture..... I may check all or part of you out ! You might never know you were on my screen because I am subtle and very cautious about appearing on other's Gadar screens!:rolleyes: :wink: :smile:

iio

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
lvsxy808 said:
I don't mean to be rude, but I find that absolutely 100% impossible to believe.

Why? Because you've said before you go to the NYSC in Chelsea. I go there too, and I know for a fact that the only way to NOT see guys cruising in there is to have no eyes.

He got a point there. You cant cruise if you dont have any eyes!!!

PS- There r gay cruises in the gym? i never seen one. how does it fit in a gym? I always wanted to go on one.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
invisibleman said:
I think that physical aesthetics can get you to a point though. You have to have those other qualities: character, PERSONALITY (individuality), sense of humor, intelligence...

OK, let me lay out my own experience for you. When I was younger (around 22), I was pursued mainly for my bod, face and package. Guys liked to be seen with me among other things. I found that if I dumbed myself down, I got a lot more interest.

Many don't know how to deal with a hot guy with brains. I began a relationship with a man I considered the total package. My looks, bod and dick size were VERY important. Fast forward a little to age 27. I went into rehab and gained a bunch of weight. I came out and stayed clean but I wasn't the picture of the perfect billboard or circuit boy anymore. Men were CRUEL to me. One guy I had the hots for told me he'd go out with me if I lost 30 pounds. In the gay world I was now invisible.

The best part of this development was being able to be myself. I made wonderful, enduring frinds.

Many guys refused to go out with me because of my weight. What they didn't notice was I was slowly getting ripped and lean. They didn't give a fuck about my intellect, sense of humor, character, etc. They never gave me a chance. My transformation took nearly 2 years but when I was done, I looked as good as I did before with one difference: I refused to play the dumb blonde muscle boy anymore.

I found some self-confidence and was unwilling to settle. I was determined to find someone who liked the content of my character. I spent MANY nights alone. The guy who refused to go out with me before grabbed me in a club one night and told me how hot I was. I peeled his hand from me like a dead rodent and laughed in his face. I couldn't believe I had been interested in someone so shallow.

I started kicking up my heels again and word got around about my cock. It's amazing how many people find out as the result of a couple gossipy bottoms. I was selective and picked guys who I thought would be fun outside the bedroom. I got better at this in time. I got lots of interest but was sick of it.

It took 3 more years to find the man of my dreams and I did. He loves me for all the right reasons. He loves the whole package, not just the outside. He's not intimidated by me. He can match my wit. I could go on and on.

My point is, men say they want the total package but can't handle it. In the gay world, the day you meet and the day you fuck are usually the same. Gee, I wonder why I got dragged home from clubs? It wasn't my sense of humor.

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't mean to be rude, but I find that absolutely 100% impossible to believe.

Why? Because you've said before you go to the NYSC in Chelsea. I go there too, and I know for a fact that the only way to NOT see guys cruising in there is to have no eyes.

I was kidding, lvsxy.

Source, you know I love you. Lots of us have similar stories whether we want to admit it or not. I dated a guy for a while and was really into him. He dumped me because I was "too intimidating." Huh? Intimidating because I articulated an original thought other than "bend over."

ajay38

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wish I was gay so that I could have big muscles.:biggrin1:

Oh Jeff I'm crushed...I thought you were gay! C'mon now you have to at least be bi!

As for this topic I get lots of looks at the gym from straight and gay men. Sometimes though I wonder which is which.

ajay38

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As for the whole gay fascination with muscles and looks I guess I went through that stage when I was younger. I however am into a variety of types. races, ages and think that variety is fantastic. My god if you narrow all your choices down to big dicked gymbots then your chances of getting laid are also narrowed down. Call me a slut but there is just too many hot guys of every shape size and mentality. The biggest thing I find these days in the gay community is Ageism. That's because I just turned 45 and run into a lot of men who always seem to want young boys. Of course I still get plenty of attention....but I'm not foolish enough to believe it's because of my sparkling personality and grace and charm.

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
As for the whole gay fascination with muscles and looks I guess I went through that stage when I was younger. I however am into a variety of types. races, ages and think that variety is fantastic. My god if you narrow all your choices down to big dicked gymbots then your chances of getting laid are also narrowed down. Call me a slut but there is just too many hot guys of every shape size and mentality. The biggest thing I find these days in the gay community is Ageism. That's because I just turned 45 and run into a lot of men who always seem to want young boys. Of course I still get plenty of attention....but I'm not foolish enough to believe it's because of my sparkling personality and grace and charm.

*cough, cough* You can be someone's daddy now *cough, cough*

dags

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In the situation you describe at the gym the reasons will be varied and lie with each individual. I'm gay but I have never gone to a gym. (OMG!)It's just not my thing, but I know the crowd in the gay community that does go to the gym has swelled in the past few years to the point some judge you if you don't go.
Some guys (gay also) probably are looking at you in a competitive/admiration type way and of course some are looking in a sexual way. It just depends, everyone has their own things they are looking for that are turn ons.

thoswood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hey Jake: when i moved to SoCal-- young bodybuilder, wrestling vet, aching to be looked at so i could pick a fight-- a wise old (26 yo) gym bud explained that the dudes were just checking out the competition-- thoroughly. Had never been gone over so completely so quickly as the guys out there could check it all out. Some were gay I'm sure, but most were just measuring up the new kid. And, hey, u gotta know all the reasons we keep ourselves looking the way we look-- health, pride, security among them.