Gay men who DON'T like pride events

ukthickmeat

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Considering there are soo many different types of pride event I think its really difficult to compare them all

A pride march vs a parade.

Fighting for your rights vs being drunk in the street.

An upscale pride with a Annual ball vs stalls at a park.

There are soo many events in soo many countries.

If pride isn't for you then it doesn't matter because millions around the world go to them and they go year after year.

Prides and pride events will exist in countries for years to come no matter how much you dislike them. Maybe you can help shape them if the future if you want to "fix" them.

You are kidding ? I cannot even count the amount of lewd behavior I have seen by heterosexuals in the last 40 years of my life. So, they get a pass for the other 364 days out of the year ? This thread is an example of why so many gay men could use a good therapist.

I'm not gay, and I wouldn't approve of such behavior from heterosexuals in public either. In my 46 years, I haven't seen the kind of behavior you are claiming goes on in public by heteros.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kanhak

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I was invited by my best-bro to a Pride Parade a few years ago. I told him I'd think about it, as I'm not big on crowded places.. and he started going on about how he wanted to do me up all butch, and he'd go all fem. I'm not butch, and told him I'd prefer to just go as myself, because that's what the even is about.. being free to be who you really are inside. He started going on about "but it's Pride! You have to represent girl!" I totally get where he was coming from, but he was also embracing the stereotype, and asking me to be someone I'm not. I told him I just didn't want to go, and why. He understood completely, and had a blast with another lezzy-girl friend.

If someone is a totally flamboyant person, and wants to celebrate it, right the fuck on.. but it seemed like I wasn't supposed to go unless I played the part. That's just not what it's supposed to be about as far as I thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: jb9 and kanhak

GothSpice

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think these over the top pride events reinforce negative views of homosexuality for the reasons all of you guys mentioned. It's a carnival atmosphere with screaming nearly naked queens decked out in fetish gear making out and groping each other in public. It doesn't help the cause in my opinion and makes people hate gays even more. Could you imagine an event like this for straight people? I don't think anyone could because it would be called indecent exposure or lewdness which are still crimes.

It's called MTV. And its quite popular apparently.

Reactions: kanhak

GothSpice

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You are kidding ? I cannot even count the amount of lewd behavior I have seen by heterosexuals in the last 40 years of my life. So, they get a pass for the other 364 days out of the year ? This thread is an example of why so many gay men could use a good therapist.

Thank you! :D

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Yeah, the only places I've ever seen straight people acting that sexual in public is at the bar.. or at the all night diner everyone in town goes to after the bar closes. Not in the middle of town out in the open like at a Pride event.

I'm not saying I think Pride events should be totally innocent and bla-bla.. I'm just saying Cloppos post doesn't make much sense to me.

GothSpice

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yeah, the only places I've ever seen straight people acting that sexual in public is at the bar.. or at the all night diner everyone in town goes to after the bar closes. Not in the middle of town out in the open like at a Pride event.

I'm not saying I think Pride events should be totally innocent and bla-bla.. I'm just saying Cloppos post doesn't make much sense to me.

I see that shit all over TV. Which, ironically, is more of a public place than any physical space I can name.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I see that shit all over TV. Which, ironically, is more of a public place than any physical space I can name.

TV isn't public though. It's usually enjoyed in the comfort of ones home, and if you don't like what's on you can simply change the channel. Add: Many times what's portrayed on TV is scripted/fake, or if it's 'reality TV' (yeah, "reality") the people acting in such a sexual way are usually in a bar/club setting, not just out in the street like at a Pride Parade.

I don't mind that people are doing the nasty at Pride events, I don't have to go, I'm not being forced to participate.. I'm simply saying that it's not true that heterosexual people commonly act "overly sexual" in open public spaces. My friend I mentioned earlier in the thread told me all about the event... I know how things can get at a Pride Parade.

At least in my experience.. if straight people were just doing the kinds of things that happen at Pride events out in the open in front of people, they'd most likely get the cops called on them. I've been the one who had to call the cops on a (straight) couple that we caught playing 'un-dress-up' in the bathroom at the 24 hr diner I mentioned (I worked there for a few years).

Basically, there's a time and a place for such behavior. Pride events, are fine and dandy for it as long as the community is informed and the proper precautions are taken by the authorities to keep things running smoothly (traffic ect). My main point was that it's not typical for people to act hyper-sexual in an ordinary public setting the way people do at a pride event.

Last edited:

GothSpice

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
TV is public because it constitutes a shared cultural space that conveys social values and ideals. And its full of Hetero people doing the nasty. Plus its far harder to avoid than your average run of the mill pride parade. In addition, I live in a city that hosts what is probably one of the worlds largest, and most well known pride parades. I attend every year. And I've yet to see any of these "public acts of lewdness" that everyone keeps prattling on about. i suspect they're urban myths, much like those "Everybody Gets A Prize" Sports Days conservatives are fond of pointing out as a symptom of social decay and depraved ruin. And on top of THAT, my city has a great deal of beaches. All of which are utilized by individuals wearing FAR FAR less than the denizens of any Pride Parade.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Well, I think this depends a lot on where one lives too. Your community seems rather different from mine. To me, TV is entertainment, and it has NO influence on how I conduct myself, I rarely even watch.. seems easy enough to avoid for me... but I won't say that you're wrong, I know many people do use the idiot box to put thoughts/opinions into their minds without having to think for themselves.

Oh, the raunchiness that happens at some of these events, gets pretty dirty. Total nudity, for starters, groping, making out with 3-4 people in a circle, wearing fetish apparel (rather revealing I might add) it gets Kinky. I've seen pics/vids he took. None of it I have any problem with, just giving you some insight and letting you know it does happen. They also pass out Thousands of condoms, to as many people as they can.

Last edited:

GothSpice

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
That wasn't my point. TV doesn't have to influence behavior. Its simply a part of the public spectacle. Much like any Parade, whether a Pride one or otherwise. And I find your characterization of Fetish wear (and Kink in general) as being the most transgressive thing imaginable to be rather problematic.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
That wasn't my point either, my point was that it's pretty easy to just turn the damn thing off, and even agreed with you that many people don't do that, so you're right anyway. Sheesh.

How did I 'characterize' Fetish wear/Kink in general? What was so problematic? I didn't say it's the most transgressive thing imaginable :confused:

I simply pointed out that it's worn in public during Pride Parades, which would normally qualify as indecent exposure.

Last edited:
Reactions: lpsgjim

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Anyway, my last thoughts here, celebrate the way you want ('you' being anyone reading).. as long as you're not harming others it's all good in the hood... a Pride Parade simply isn't how I'd choose to show my support for equal rights.

GothSpice

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's pretty easy to not attend a Pride Parade. Easier actually, as it simply involves not being in a specific place, at a specific time, on a specific day. As for fetish gear, you threw it into a list of various things you obviously find to be signs of moral decay and corruption. I'm just wondering how a bunch of guys without shirts, wearing Dog Collars and leather chaps can constitute such a threat to the social fabric.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
It's pretty easy to not attend a Pride Parade. Easier actually, as it simply involves not being in a specific place, at a specific time, on a specific day. As for fetish gear, you threw it into a list of various things you obviously find to be signs of moral decay and corruption. I'm just wondering how a bunch of guys without shirts, wearing Dog Collars and leather chaps can constitute such a threat to the social fabric.

Ok, had to reply to this...

I DID NOT SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT. Re-read my posts bro, I specifically said "None of this I have a problem with".

My ONLY point about what people wear to Pride events is that many of the garments would be considered INDECENT EXPOSURE ACCORDING TO THE LAW... not according to ME.

Just an example from a quick Google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=gay...-part-ii%2Fgayprideparade2012-15%2F;1000;1174
He's completely naked. Normally, that would be enough to arrest him... but since it's a pride event, no one bats an eye. No big deal, and I'm not saying it's wrong. I'm just saying if this were any other time, he'd be getting the cops called on him. That's the only reason I didn't agree with what Cloppo said earlier about how heterosexual people act the way people do at a pride event all the time.. it's just not true.

Last edited:

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Well, I think this depends a lot on where one lives too. Your community seems rather different from mine. To me, TV is entertainment, and it has NO influence on how I conduct myself, I rarely even watch.. seems easy enough to avoid for me... but I won't say that you're wrong, I know many people do use the idiot box to put thoughts/opinions into their minds without having to think for themselves.

Oh, the raunchiness that happens at some of these events, gets pretty dirty. Total nudity, for starters, groping, making out with 3-4 people in a circle, wearing fetish apparel (rather revealing I might add) it gets Kinky. I've seen pics/vids he took. None of it I have any problem with, just giving you some insight and letting you know it does happen. They also pass out Thousands of condoms, to as many people as they can.

Just in case you missed it Goth. You obviously haven't seen many of my posts, or you'd know exactly how much I DO support all the Kinky Nasty shit the world of Fetish-ism has to offer. *points at my avatar*

Last edited:

GothSpice

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Not many naked people as far as I can see. Just a whole bunch of individuals wearing what wouldn't be out of place at any well populated beach. And even if they are naked, what's the problem exactly? You say you don't have a problem with it, and yet you seem to be really up in arms about some kind of imagined Gay Privilege. And if you don't have a problem with Kink or fetishism, why mention it at all?

Last edited:

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Apparently the link didn't work right, it's supposed to be a specific pic of a man naked on bicycle.. scroll down and you'll see it.

I never said it was a problem damnit, READ the posts. I only said that it's not accurate to state that heterosexual people commonly conduct themselves openly in public the way people do at a Pride event. I'm not saying "Why can gay people do it but straight people can't?" I'm simply pointing out that it's not typical to see people in Fetish'Kink wear or naked in public or participating in sexual acts/gestures outside of an event like a Pride Parade.

Why mention it at all? I was just giving you some insight from what my friend told me, and showed me pics of, because you said you hadn't seen things of that nature at the events you attend. It's just for the sake of the conversation... not to slander the Kink or Fetishes themselves.

I have ZERO problem with what goes on at Pride events. I'm not up in arms, I'm not saying they shouldn't be doing it. I only seem aggressive now because you keep twisting my fucking points and it's pissing me off. I'm done, this is stupid already.

Last edited: