GAY MEN:your experience of being approached by a straight woman

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by luvguyz, Feb 12, 2012.

1. luvguyz

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    There is a thread here about straight men being hit on by gay men and their thoughts/feelings about it, so this is basically the oppposite. What are your experiences, thoughts etc. as a gay man when a woman shows interest in you?

My reaction to interest by women depends on their age. If its an older woman, I feel flattered and appreciate the compliment. Older women 60 and up tend to make direct compliments to me. But I noticed if its someone younger than me, especially a teenaged girl or in her 20's, I feel very embarassed. Not sure why. I can usually tell if a younger girl likes me b/c they will give a long gaze directly in the eyes and not look away, sometimes with a coy smile.This happens on the street a lot or in a mall. That really embarasses me and makes me uncomfortable, but I feel flattered afterwards. Also, there have been girls that have admitted they liked me AFTER finding out that I'm gay which is weird for me. I'm masculine enough that most people don't know that I'm gay unless it comes up in conversation. What are your thoughts/experiences?

2. lvsxy808

Gold Member

Albums:
    After high-school and into the first year of university, me and three of my straight friends from school all went away on holiday together to a camping site just outside Venice.

Being horned up teenage straight boys, of course they were all trying to pull girls. We met a pair of sisters, and started drinking with them.

Eventually it got to the point where I was inside the caravan with one sister while my friend (the one I fancied, btw, although that's not relevant right now) was outside under the awning with the other sister. He was trying to get something going with this girl, but frankly she was too trashed off her tits to respond.

Meanwhile inside, the first girl and I were looking out of the window and giggling at my friend's unsuccessful attempts with her sister. And while we were doing so, she kept placing a hand on me - on my arm, my back, towards my ass. It was clear she was trying to get something going with me aswell.

I put up with it with a tense smile for as long as I could. But there came a point where it was starting to make me uncomfortable. So I turned to her and said, "Look, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to ask you to stop. I stick to my own kind."

She took a second but she got the message. And then we went back to watching the others. Eventually she left and went and rescue her unconscious sister. Neither me nor my friend got laid that week.

#2 lvsxy808, Feb 12, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  3. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Most single women ask me if I have a straight brother. Nice compliment

4. erratic

Gold Member

I always feel flattered when women hit on me. Apparently lots of women don't read me as gay. Anyway, I still find myself careful to discern between who's being friendly and who's actually hitting on me, you know? Like even though I'm not interested in women romantically, I still have that hang-up.

5. nudeyorker

Gold Member

It's always flattering as long as it's done in a tasteful manner; I say the same thing to woman as I do to men. "Thank you very much you made my day and if the details of my life were not what they are we could possibly explore our potential together but I'm spoken for."

6. Redwyvre

Gold Member

Albums:
    If a women seems to be hitting on me I just tell her that I'm gay and she quickly understands she is barking up the wrong tree. We have a laugh and our friendship deepens. Can't think of a time when it hasn't.

7. rtg

rtg
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yeah I have a bad habit of openly flirting with hot gay guys...I think it's cos I'm not afraid of getting turned down, cos I know I don't stand a chance in the first place haha.

Draft saved Draft deleted