Gay Muslims

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you've seen Trembling Before God the documentary about gay Orthodox Jews (yes it was a very frustrating watch for a jew like me) then you can imagine what it might be like to be a gay Muslim. Take a peek at part one of this docu and see the others if y'r curiousity is piqued!

YouTube - Gay Muslims - UK - Part 1 of 6

It's fascinating what people let religion do to them and how religious ideas are sometimes twisted into something they weren't.

As someone once said "I love Jesus, it's the people that love him that I hate". lol.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you've seen Trembling Before God the documentary about gay Orthodox Jews (yes it was a very frustrating watch for a jew like me) then you can imagine what it might be like to be a gay Muslim. Take a peek at part one of this docu and see the others if y'r curiousity is piqued!

YouTube - Gay Muslims - UK - Part 1 of 6

It's fascinating what people let religion do to them and how religious ideas are sometimes twisted into something they weren't.

As someone once said "I love Jesus, it's the people that love him that I hate". lol.

Gay Muslims in the Western world, vs. Gay Muslims in the Middle East ... two very different set of circumstances unfortunately.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

hmmm, this was recently discussed in a thread close by. there is a bit more tolerance for gays amongst fellow Muslims in Western cultures (UK, Oz, US, etc..) vs. Middle Eastern countries. Surely there is ridicule and discrimination in the West.... but it's getting to the point of equal rights here vs. getting stoned to death and mutilated there.

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Why can't it be understood by all we did not choose to be gay, There have been many discussions on this site about the interpreation of the various religious scripture an text. We all know if an incident or anything for that matter is seen witnessed by 12 people, we know that when asked we will get 12 different views interpretations of what they saw, from their own perspective. "chinese whispers spring to mind"

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I've known only one openly gay Muslim. He's "out" to his parents who, lucky for him, are filthy rich and can support him without much effort for the rest of his life away from his native homeland in capital cities throughout Europe. However, only his parents know about his sexuality. If his brothers and sisters knew he is gay his life would probably come to a quick end. He has a nice live-in French butler, though. I wish I had one of those.