Gay Necklace Code?

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
whats the hell is a hanky code?

the hanky code was popularized in the 1970s as a way for fetishists to advertize their preferences, based on color and location. I always thought it became defunct in the 90s, but evidentally it's back. personally I find it easier to describe my kinks to a potential partner than wear some kind of code.

And as to the OP- I have always distrusted men who accessorize beyond a watch, a wedding/school ring and/or a small religious symbol. It just seems the height of vanity...especially those fucking thumb rings. Those things just scream "I'm a douchebag".

the other point is that anyone relying on a piece of ornament to advertize his sexuality seems unable to fine-tune his gaydar. I've never had much trouble separating the wheat from the chaff.

Then you're lucky. My gaydar seems to be a left over model from the Soviet era. There's a really cute guy at the pet store. No clue! None! He's early 30s, no wedding ring. Divorced? Single? Gay? I can't tell.

Hmm. You think that I could borrow a guy with good gaydar for a few days? I'd like to check out a few potential hotties.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If there is a necklace code I am sorely unaware of it being so out of the mainstream of gay "culture", never experienced the hanky code either.

Seems like gay men had the sexual pursuit down to a exact science, manhunting down to it's pure efficiency, categorizing sexual acts and eliminating any ambiguity of pleasure. Mystery and romance removed from the equation that became sex.

When you did get down to the dirty did this code obligate you to do your advertised sexual act?

It puzzles me how this restrictive system actually worked in real life because isn't sex with people unique in that you enjoy doing different sexual activities with different people depending on what you find sexually appealing about them?