Gay Or Not Gay

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
If you have to put a label on it- you like dicks and fucking men? You're bi. Just suck it up, deepthroat it, and swallow the load. Face it. You're half homo. Welcome to the club- I'll be sure to put your membership card in the mail.

oddeyeblu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think human sexuality is always in a state of flux. For periods of time a guy might be into men and then women, or both at the same time. I know this is gonna send some homos into a whirlwind because their world tends to be black and white. LOL

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
The only one who can answer this question in all honesty is you. A gay man can easily look at the body of a female and see that body as in fact "art". If the body is beautiful it will have erotic qualities to it and yet it remains in the category of "art".

A straight man can look at the body of another male and again consider that body as a form of "art". If you look at at the body appreciating the look or the artistic form again you are still in the realm of art. I don't remember the name, but back in New York in the 1950's there was a very famous artist working in charcoal who only hired very obese women. The artist would render these very large bodies on to paper and the art made this artist a very large sum of money. Her works sold worldwide. The erotic value of these extremely large models would be in the eye of the beholder, but again, the art work was really incredible.

If you see the body or genitals in a sexual way this is an indicator that exploration is what should be on your list. Many men appreciate and wonder about the body of another male, this is simply curiosity and does not necessarily in and of itself indicate anything more than that.

If you were to explore and find that you were not only able to perform sexually with a member of the same sex, but enjoyed it, you would then move in a legitimate classification from straight to at least bisexual. If your exploration determined that over time you found members of the same sex to be more sexually satisfying than members of the opposite sex you would then move on into the classification as gay.

Out of curiousity? Why does it matter? Unless you are planning on exploring your own sexuality it is a mute point. The other thing is that it only matters what you think and feel.

Sexuality is an exploration process and many people do not really find true orientation until they are well into adulthood because of societal pressures. Forget the labels, your better off. The only thing they add is pressure to be one thing or something else. You'll figure it out in time and applying pressure to yourself usually results in some bad judgment calls.

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If I like other guys for beautiful asses and love to go further and make sex etc.
But if I don't like them to do the same to me. So I am a gay or not?

I say trying to categorize human sexuality into two or three categories is like trying to categorize human height into two or three categories. There's an analogy for yea...

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The only one who can answer this question in all honesty is you. A gay man can easily look at the body of a female and see that body as in fact "art". If the body is beautiful it will have erotic qualities to it and yet it remains in the category of "art".

A straight man can look at the body of another male and again consider that body as a form of "art". If you look at at the body appreciating the look or the artistic form again you are still in the realm of art. I don't remember the name, but back in New York in the 1950's there was a very famous artist working in charcoal who only hired very obese women. The artist would render these very large bodies on to paper and the art made this artist a very large sum of money. Her works sold worldwide. The erotic value of these extremely large models would be in the eye of the beholder, but again, the art work was really incredible.

If you see the body or genitals in a sexual way this is an indicator that exploration is what should be on your list. Many men appreciate and wonder about the body of another male, this is simply curiosity and does not necessarily in and of itself indicate anything more than that.

If you were to explore and find that you were not only able to perform sexually with a member of the same sex, but enjoyed it, you would then move in a legitimate classification from straight to at least bisexual. If your exploration determined that over time you found members of the same sex to be more sexually satisfying than members of the opposite sex you would then move on into the classification as gay.

Out of curiousity? Why does it matter? Unless you are planning on exploring your own sexuality it is a mute point. The other thing is that it only matters what you think and feel.

Sexuality is an exploration process and many people do not really find true orientation until they are well into adulthood because of societal pressures. Forget the labels, your better off. The only thing they add is pressure to be one thing or something else. You'll figure it out in time and applying pressure to yourself usually results in some bad judgment calls.

just wanted to say by mute, you meant moot. Just wanted to say cause the word fuckin rocks, and I didnt want it to lose any of its potential glory

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think human sexuality is always in a state of flux. For periods of time a guy might be into men and then women, or both at the same time. I know this is gonna send some homos into a whirlwind because their world tends to be black and white. LOL

I think a lot of people depend on understanding human sexuality as black and white, even though it's not at all. The fear of not understanding it drives people to simplifying it. I am not afraid of not understanding it. I'm a scientist...the unknown intrigues and excites scientists. This is what science it based upon (exploring and understanding the unknown--once the unknown is gone {therefore there only being "known" left}, scientists cease to exist)

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It makes you you.

The whole gay/bi/straight paradigm is flawed in its very nature since it's trying to force something as gray and non-black'n'white and complex as 'human sexuality' into 3 rigidly defined categories.

You're you, be happy with it and don't worry on what (a very misguided) society at large would label things.

I think one of the reasons the rigid three categories exist in our society today is because men form the older generation who married and had kids for show, are just now starting to admit their attraction toward men. That's entire generation whose lives have been centered around avoiding their own sexuality. I don't blame them for wanting to move away from the "straight" definition as much as they can. I think that helps to maintain a binary view.

Of course, I'm only 21 so I might have no idea what I'm talking about. What do you think?

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I could have used that multi-quote thing and put all of this into one quote, but that's complicated, and weird, and I don't understand it. I'm not one of those dumb techno-naive weirdos though, I understand computers, really I do...lol

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OK, I'll indulge your fantasy. I'm straight because I'm not outwardly gay. It doesn't matter how many guys I have sex with. Who anyone has sex with has nothing to do with his/her sexuality. It only matters that I'm always on top. :cool:
that's naive

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OK, I'll indulge your fantasy. I'm straight because I'm not outwardly gay. It doesn't matter how many guys I have sex with. Who anyone has sex with has nothing to do with his/her sexuality. It only matters that I'm always on top. :cool:

well, I mean consider the men who married for show and are now 50, with kids and are now out of the closet. They have possibly have done nothing intimate with another man, and have sex only with women, and their sexual identity is homosexual. That's just one example that disproves your theory. You have to think of the box.

About the top thing, in ancient Greece, you were only considered "gay" (or I suppose effeminate would have been heir version of it) if you were on bottom. Tops were "straight" (again, the Greek version of this probably being dominant) in their culture.

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
They have possibly have done nothing intimate with another man, and have sex only with women, and their sexual identity is homosexual. That's just one example that disproves your theory. You have to think of the box.
I see what you're saying. I was one of those guys for a long time myself. I wouldn't have considered myself gay then though because I wasn't sexually active with men. I think that the terms "gay" and "straight" (or "bisexual") describe sexual practice more than sexual orientation. It's only when sexual practice doesn't align with sexual orientation that confusion ensues. :tongue:

Smaccoms

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I see what you're saying. I was one of those guys for a long time myself. I wouldn't have considered myself gay then though because I wasn't sexually active with men. I think that the terms "gay" and "straight" (or "bisexual") describe sexual practice more than sexual orientation. It's only when sexual practice doesn't align with sexual orientation that confusion ensues. :tongue:

Sexual Orientation and Sexual practice are related, but are two separate entities. At first glance, one thinks they affect one another, but in actuality, they do not.

I do not believe in the binary sexual system, humans are not black and white. Therefore I cannot completely relate to your argument, since we are speaking on different terms.