Gay or Straight No still means No

MrMXYZPTLK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How's everyone doing.

Everyone hears the story about the guys that hit on girls. The girls say No, but the guy continues to hit on the girl, all night. Ussually until the girl leaves or the guys gets kicked out. Or in worse case scenario a physical fight breaks out.

Here is my story. Yesterday night, a gay guy decided to hit on me. I am a very straight male, and I politely let him know that I'm straight and was not interested. He kept pushing and pushing trying to get me to be with him, until I had to be rude. I rudely asked him to back off, and he kept going.

Finally I informed the bartender, and the bartender warned him to stop or he'll be asked to leave.

I am not a violent person but I was temped to punch the guy out.

Has anyone else ever has a similar experience of just PUSHY and ANNOYING gay people that just won't take a hint. I have been told by friends that say Gay people will try to convert you, and they won't take no for an answer, and they hover around you if they like you. Until last night, I have never met a gay person like that, and I must say it was very un-nerving and made me feel uncomfortable.

So was it ok for me to become rude, should I have handled it differently, anyone have a similar experience, and how did you handle it?

Reactions: Curvy-d

_average

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Honesty is always the best policy in my book! Straight out tell him to back off. Your not interested. But that is a regular experience for women I would imagine. I'm probably guilty of myself, as are you presumably, but after a few drinks you don't realize you are doin it! The drink and the horn take over lol

MrMXYZPTLK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Honesty is always the best policy in my book! Straight out tell him to back off. Your not interested. But that is a regular experience for women I would imagine. I'm probably guilty of myself, as are you presumably, but after a few drinks you don't realize you are doin it! The drink and the horn take over lol

Yeah, I'm probably guilty of it too. I guess it's different when your on the other end.

_average

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Makes you think twice doesn't it. I get hit on by guys all the time. Just say thanks for the interest, but not only are you barking up the wrong tree, you're in the wrong forest! Just try and take it as a compliment and think about how you act when your under the influence.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It is DEFINITELY ok to be rude when a person pushes you to that point. An adult in our society can't hit someone except in limited circumstances. Being highly annoyed is not one of those reasons, unfortunatelt. We've all been there but 99.99% of the time we hold back, like you did. It's not worth the legal hassles. Getting him banned from the bar did everyone a favor.

bryan257

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Definitely not cool that you got sexually harassed like that. Sorry to hear about your experience. However, a lot of men (not all) can be pushy when it comes to sexual advances. You just got the reverse end of what women go through with guys (sometimes). But it's not fair that you single out gays, and you might perceive he was "trying to convert you". That's a guess on your part.

No.... the dude was def. in the wrong and also assuming you were not sending any 'yes' signals, he shoulda backed off and not had to be told a 2nd time.

As far as your thoughts about pushy annoying gay people, that's an unfair jab to make. Consider first that he was a male, and 2nd he mighta had too much to drink. it's just male behavior (sometimes). i'm not defending his actions, he was wrong, but its not fair to jab at all because of one experience.

Wouldnt you take a little offense if women told you that ALL MEN are guilty of sexual harassment? That's not fair to say and not true either. See my point?

Reactions: Curvy-d

B_Nicodemous

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How's everyone doing.

Everyone hears the story about the guys that hit on girls. The girls say No, but the guy continues to hit on the girl, all night. Ussually until the girl leaves or the guys gets kicked out. Or in worse case scenario a physical fight breaks out.

Here is my story. Yesterday night, a gay guy decided to hit on me. I am a very straight male, and I politely let him know that I'm straight and was not interested. He kept pushing and pushing trying to get me to be with him, until I had to be rude. I rudely asked him to back off, and he kept going.

Finally I informed the bartender, and the bartender warned him to stop or he'll be asked to leave.

I am not a violent person but I was temped to punch the guy out.

Has anyone else ever has a similar experience of just PUSHY and ANNOYING gay people that just won't take a hint. I have been told by friends that say Gay people will try to convert you, and they won't take no for an answer, and they hover around you if they like you. Until last night, I have never met a gay person like that, and I must say it was very un-nerving and made me feel uncomfortable.

So was it ok for me to become rude, should I have handled it differently, anyone have a similar experience, and how did you handle it?
It is ok to become rude when anyone, male female or other, straight gay or bi, becomes an annoying asshat. Just remember that not all gays ar like this just as not all starights men are like this with women, nor are all women innocent of doing it themselves. Latent assholeism=alchohol=asshat:biggrin1:
The voice of reason and experience. thank you:smile:
Yeah, I'm probably guilty of it too. I guess it's different when your on the other end.
Good to know you recognize the possibillity in yourself. Will make you better overall. Too bad you had to experience it first hand, but you can take a positive away from it by not doing similar to a hot chick whn you are a little tipsy.
Makes you think twice doesn't it. I get hit on by guys all the time. Just say thanks for the interest, but not only are you barking up the wrong tree, you're in the wrong forest! Just try and take it as a compliment and think about how you act when your under the influence.
You sir are a prince! If only you were gay and single...and i the states...*sigh*lol! I like that quip! cool!:biggrin1:
Definitely not cool that you got sexually harassed like that. Sorry to hear about your experience. However, a lot of men (not all) can be pushy when it comes to sexual advances. You just got the reverse end of what women go through with guys (sometimes). But it's not fair that you single out gays, and you might perceive he was "trying to convert you". That's a guess on your part.

No.... the dude was def. in the wrong and also assuming you were not sending any 'yes' signals, he shoulda backed off and not had to be told a 2nd time.

As far as your thoughts about pushy annoying gay people, that's an unfair jab to make. Consider first that he was a male, and 2nd he mighta had too much to drink. it's just male behavior (sometimes). i'm not defending his actions, he was wrong, but its not fair to jab at all because of one experience.

Wouldnt you take a little offense if women told you that ALL MEN are guilty of sexual harassment? That's not fair to say and not true either. See my point?
I don't think he was making that assumption. i think his friends do (and thats not cool) but said he hadn't ever met anyone who fit that description before. And I dont know if convert would be the right word. Have him experiment would be more acurate. Sadly People can get pushy and stupid when they drink. As long as rthe OP knows this is not the norm, and applies it to his behaviour making him a better person (the women will thank you, OP) then ultimately it can be turned into a good thing. Hopefully the gay dude realised what a creepy fuckwad he was being when he sobered up, and wont repeat it again. With staright or gay people.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Have a wing man (or woman) around to help you with this stuff.

Seriously, there are mega-creepsters out there. Think guys slipping ketamine in your drink and raping you. It happens, even to men. Don't take chances. This is something most women have learned over time, and it's why you almost never see a lone woman at a pub, bar or club.

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
Has anyone else ever has a similar experience of just PUSHY and ANNOYING gay people that just won't take a hint. I have been told by friends that say Gay people will try to convert you, and they won't take no for an answer, and they hover around you if they like you.

Troll alert.

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay