GAY PARADES need SOME REFORM

B_ccc888

Experimental Member
Media
It's time for all LGBT folks to think and reform Gay Parades globally.

We need to show the world we're JUST NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS not sick BDSM and EXIBITIONISTS.

It's time to campaign for equal rights and right to marry someone we love.

It's time to educate the public about SEPARATION OF RELIGIONS AND POLITICS and

NO RELIGIONS should shape, make, inspire any PUBLIC LAWS that discriminate and persecute others just because they belong to the minority SECTS, Gender or Sexual Orientation.

It's important also FOR ALL religious LGBT to come out to show that GOD IS LOVE !

not GOD of hate .............

Muslim LGBT got persecuted so do the Christians one.

It's time to speak up loudly.

It's time to CLEAN UP all GAY PARADES worldwide.........

Wear some DECENT OUTFITS..............

No more FETISH SHOW on the streets.........

Don't scare any children of how pervert and sick you are.

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
pardon? "Who' made you the judge of what is or isn’t “normal”???

B_ccc888

Experimental Member
Media
Many LGBT folks are ashamed of their comrades showing bare asses during the clown parades.........

it's a bad campaign for LGBT rights !.

We want the rights to get married and yet we can't show the public a decent morality beside our wild fetish show.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ummmmm... what world do you live in where the majority of gay men all dress like they're going to a sex dungeon? Where every gay man wears a pair of tight, assless leather pants with cleverly positioned fluffed dicks to the supermarket? It's certainly not Earth.

Grant it, there are times when people should think and act accordingly when it comes to getting dressed. But to start this bullshit thread suggesting that gay people would be more accepted if they acted and dressed like everyone else? Pathetic. We could ban leather gear and decide to wear 3 piece suits everyday for the rest of our lives, and homophobic people will still hate you because you have sex with men. Saying it's because you have a small community of people who dress up in leather is absolute bullshit.

Don't let the few things you see on Gay Pride parades define an entire social demographic of people. We get enough hate from outside sources, never mind the prudes in our own scene that want to paint some kind of fictional standard as to what it means to be acceptable.

Last edited:

B_ccc888

Experimental Member
Media
Ummmmm... what world do you live in where the majority of gay men all dress like they're going to a sex dungeon? Where every gay man wears a pair of tight, assless leather pants with cleverly positioned fluffed dicks to the supermarket? It's certainly not Earth.

Grant it, there are times when people should think and act accordingly when it comes to getting dressed. But to start this bullshit thread suggesting that gay people would be more accepted if they acted and dressed like everyone else? Pathetic. We could ban leather gear and decide to wear 3 piece suits everyday for the rest of our lives, and homophobic people will still hate you because you have sex with men. Saying it's because you have a small community of people who dress up in leather is absolute bullshit.

Don't let the few things you see on Gay Pride parades define an entire social demographic of people. We get enough hate from outside sources, never mind the prudes in our own scene that want to paint some kind of fictional standard as to what it means to be acceptable.

Public hate us because of associated public show of sex acts on gay parades. It's cheap, it's sickening even to some gays.

We want marriage and equal right so it's time to dress up and be civilized again.

We want to show to the public that we're not sex animals period.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
When they get rid of titty bars, strip clubs, and blow up dolls on main fairways to display a straight adult bookstore sale then and only then can the gay parades be cleaned up.

A blowup doll was tied down to the bed of a pickup truck. Fake hole, Pubic hair and all as schoolbusses drove by with little children. Nobody really had too much to say about that. Sale was over, and it came down. The store's still there too.

Good luck with that one.

Last edited:

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
where the majority of gay men all dress like they're going to a sex dungeon? Where every gay man wears a pair of tight, assless leather pants with cleverly positioned fluffed dicks to the supermarket?

check out We Ho, East Village, Key West, or Capitol Hill (Denver)

need directions?:biggrin1:

Pye

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
How about organizing a "homosexual" parade. My view is that the "Gay Parades" have been earned by the homosexuals that had to courage to come out and speak against the injustices they felt and they are looking for equality for all facets of their lifestyle...there are still many homosexuals that do not want to be associated with the flamboyance of the "Gay Parade".

So instead of trying to take away the rights that they have fought for, start your own parade and fight for what you want.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Whereabouts are you from ccc888? And how old?

As i said on previous thread, i find gay guys dressing in what has to be a sexualised manner in public is not to my liking either. I think it gives a negative impression of the community as a whole. Having said that, it could be that my impression is not the majority. It is no use being angry about the stereotypes within the community that you don't like, instead just accept that people are different. I used to be internally homophobic and resented the 'camp' community for making it harder for me to be open about my sexuality, i did'nt want people to think that i was going to start dressing a certain way or develop limp wrists etc but the more i think about it the more sense it makes that they are just more comfortable with who they are. I am comfortable as i am now too but i'm not camp and there are plenty of guys who aren't, it just makes them harder to find amongst the populus.
We are not all the same and those who get to know you will accept you for who YOU are rather than what the stereotypical ideal might be.

I want to mention also that during my first ever job working for a counselling group i was in their archives looking at literature in regards to homosexuality and stumbled across a thesis that suggested there are two types of homosexual. One that was most in tune with their feminine side and the other with their masculine side and because the majority were in touch with the former it was decided to refer to the two types as common and special. Perhaps it would be workable for you to adopt the idea like me. It helps take away any resentment towards other gay people and encourages you to accept yourself.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Public hate us because of associated public show of sex acts on gay parades.

Bullshit. You think centuries of anti-homosexual rhetoric spewed to the masses by religious zionists will disappear if gay men dressed better in public and cut down on sex acts on parades? What kind of fairy dust have you been smoking?

Gay Pride Parades have only been going on in our country since 1970. If you've ever attended a parade (instead of looking at the news briefs provided by your local news station), you'd see that the mass majority of people who march or watch on the sidelines are not dressed in the so-called "deviant clothes" you've obsessed over in this pathetic thread.

It's cheap, it's sickening even to some gays.

Which is why you and the rest of your prudish, "offended gay friends" should choose to hang around other people that fit your superficial fashion standards.

We want marriage and equal right so it's time to dress up and be civilized again.

If you honestly think that equal rights are going to happen when gay men change their clothes, then you're absolutely insane.

We want to show to the public that we're not sex animals period.

And they already have. Whether or not homophobes want to pay attention to the positive imagery portrayed in the gay community, or lay an intentionally blinded & bigoted eye towards it so they can blow things out of proportion and act as if a few people being themselves is wrong is a different story. I see people like you and draw parallels to gay men who are also threatened by drag queens, acting as if the whole civil rights movement is at a standstill because someone decided to come out in public in a dress and a pair of high heels instead of a pair of Timberland boots engaging in some "straight acting" role... all the while forgetting that it was these very drag queens, sexual deviants and the like that started the whole damn thing.

The reform that's needed in this country lies within the mindsets of people like YOU... the ones who believe that assimilation is the key to equality. It never worked for women or for black people, so why do you think it'll work now? Demonizing a small minority of people who wear clothes you don't approve of by distorting their actions to paint untrue assumptions is disgusting and sickening.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think that gay parades are predictable though. Rainbow flags. The muscle guys. The leatherman. The pink triangles. Club music. Drag queens. Female impersonators. The lesbians on choppers. Male barbershop quartets. :rolleyes:

I would like to see some gay pride parades that aren't so predictable.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
The main thing is that you are obviously judging gay pride parades and you are judging them most often by media portrayals. The media as in television wants viewers so they sensationalize everything when it comes to the gay community. The media when in print such as a newspaper to boost circulation unfortunately does the same thing.

I was involved with Palm Springs Gay Pride some years ago. In the parade in which I personally was involved there were gay veterans riding in restored military vehicles. There were classic convertibles furnished for City Officials restored by gay men and women to what is called concours condition.

In order to put their money where their mouth is historically the gay community and all it's sub categories tries to be completely inclusive of all of its members.

The aspects you criticize are a distinct minority within the gay community and are not the community, nor do they represent the whole community.

Sadly, under freedom of the press we are constantly misrepresented and this will not stop any time soon. You could have 200 entries in a gay pride parade and the ONLY ones that will appear on ths front page of a newspaper will be those that are provocative. If there is one single "drag act" out of 100 entries that is the one that will be shown and featured heavily.

The community is far more than a bunch of parades, and because I know where your judgments are coming from, you are being sucked in to a situation where you are judging in the same manner as a homophobic ultra conservaitve individual not taking into consideration what is being done here.

I am old enough to remember the March on Washington many years ago. This was heavily covered by the broadcast media. In the beginning it was receiving reasonable coverage showing all facits of the gay community. There was great coverage of this event by the Religious Right and that coverage was brough and flaunted as if it were dynamite on Trinity Broadcasting which is a major religious network. While PBS was showing thousands of average gay men and women Trinity was showing ONLY drag queens, lesbian females wearing minimal clothing and coverd in tattoos and they only went for the most scantily dressed leathermen. They were in fact so selective that they also deliberately looked for leathermen who were dealing with the wasting syndrome associated with HIV,

If you looked carefully at all the news reports coming from Trinity Broadcasting it was about the same 20 people out of thousands that had descended on Washington. Trinity obviously followed these people around and placed them on "candid camera" without their knowledge.

I am also a Past President of a Gay Rodeo Chapter. I served on the Board of that Chapter in more than once capacity. The press would come to those rodeos and historically the Gay cowboys and participants did not have great affection for the drag acts. Again, when the gay rodeo was going at the grounds they worked hard to find the five drag queens that were there and advertise the whole event as if it were these people that populated the event. There was non public entertainment at these events at private hotels and stages. There were drag acts at those events (again not greatly loved by the cowboys) but these were not open to the public in any manner. They were not photographed.

Back in the 1970's the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Community Services Center appointed a man by the name of Steve Schulte to be their spokesperson. He was by appearance what would be classified for his time as having the look of a model from Rip Colt. He was masculine in every mannerism and he was a good speaker and well educated. Previously to that the speaker had been a man by the name of Morris Kight. Morris was a great man, but he was very much a stereotype in that he was about 70 years old, very effeminate, had long painted fingernails and the voice patterns and hand gestures to match. The news media in Los Angeles acted as if Steve Schulte did not exist after about three interviews. They went around him and would corner poor Morris Kight in his private life to get his opinion on the issues of the time.

They wanted ratings and they wanted stereotypes and they went as a media group of organizations way out of their way to portray the community by a set of standards that they developed and were in no manner accurate.

I was at one time a community activist myself. I simply became burned out trying to do this and I wanted escape from what had morphed from a good gay community into a less than good one.

If you feel that you want change you yourself need to get organized in the committees regulating gay pride parades in your area. You need to see the who, the what and the why, and most importantly you need to see the entire community and how you would be overruled every single time.

Put your money where your mouth is and if you feel that you yourself can make a positive change within the community you need to do so.

The fact that I left Palm Springs California and now live on a very large and very rural horse ranch in the middle of the New Mexico desert should tell you something!

Good Luck Pal.........

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Really what's being suggested here is to change our outward appearance for the benefit of people who already have decided we are not acceptable. It's akin to being a performing monkey. I would never want to change the way I look just so someone else can feel safer or better about themselves, I would still be the same person underneath. Why should we (the gay community) work on changing so that these narrow minded people and their fear-based perceptions can stay the same?

dj30905

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The issue is more about education than changing appearances. As stated above, the media can be a huge threat to any group. I don't fully believe anything in the media, as the truth is usually distorted. Trust me, I've had it happen to me. There are always gonna be those who believe everything on TV and in magazines and formulate their own opinions based on what they see. If there are 100 or even 10,000 entries in a parade, the media is only going to focus on those few who are dressed in drag or leather only to sensationalize the event. I know very well that not all gays even like or care for drag and leather, but then again, I've also had gay friends and encountered several gay men and women and got to know them before even knowing they were gay. There will at least always be the educated few who know how to think for themselves and not jump to conclusions.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Really what's being suggested here is to change our outward appearance for the benefit of people who already have decided we are not acceptable. It's akin to being a performing monkey. I would never want to change the way I look just so someone else can feel safer or better about themselves, I would still be the same person underneath. Why should we (the gay community) work on changing so that these narrow minded people and their fear-based perceptions can stay the same?

Some of them do try to look like performing monkeys....those seem to be the ones that get the most attention because they demand the most attention.