Gay Pride Firemen

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Shelby, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Shelby

Gold Member

2. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Yawn.

No bias in that editorial, eh?

3. Principessa

Gold Member

My tiny, pea-sized, straight mind can't begin to comprehend why this was even allowed to happen. Seriously, it's so wrong, on so many levels my brain is about to explode.

Two wrongs, do not make a right.

August 07, 2007

Lesbian Fire Chief Orders San Diego Gay Pride March

Steve Yuhas It has always been a burning question for me: does size matter to lesbians. Unfortunately for the lesbian fire chief of San Diego, Tracy Jarman, we know the answer is yes because when she ordered that four straight firefighters to endure hours of sexual harassment for the enjoyment of the gays lining the gay pride parade route all bets were off. After all, she did not want her fire department to be outshined by the gaily marching San Diego police chief.

So now we know the answer, but it is going to be an expensive lesson to learn because while finding it out Jarman not only subjected her firefighters to hours of sexual harassment, but wasted tax dollars due to the lawsuit arising out of her poor judgment.

San Diego can hardly afford yet another lawsuit. If it isn’t retirement benefits or indicted city councilmen it is sexual harassment of the worst kind – the kind that you cannot control because your fire chief who pledged that her sexuality would never get in the way of her sound judgment allowed it to do exactly that.

Jarman saw to it that her firefighters were not only subjected to sexual harassment by the thousands of gathered perverts, but showed horrendously bad judgment and those two things in combination mean that her days should be numbered as the number one fireman, uh person, in the city.

One party will almost certainly pay will be the tax payers of San Diego, but we’re so used to it that we’re used to paying for the bad decisions of those we put in charge. The only other person that can pay is Jarman herself and there is no choice – she should resign immediately or the mayor should fire her – oh wait – he was too busy to notice that an out of control fire chief was ordering men to march in the gay parade because he was marching too. What is it about gay parades and politicians?

The story is rather simple: on July 20, 2007 four firemen were told that they would be participating in the heretofore voluntary gay pride parade the following day. They protested and asked not to be subjected to what is so obviously a parade that brings out all of the things that gays pretend they’re not. They were ordered to show up, in uniform, and drive their engine down the parade route. They followed the order of their superiors and exactly what was predictable happened.

They were harassed and then jeered when these family men did not comply with the wishes of the obstinate crowd demanding some level of sexuality from men whose duty is to put out fires not give a cheap thrill to middle-aged men looking for one.

Gay pride organizers said that gay pride was not only family friendly but all about the lisping diversity of the gay community. So what did this family friendly crowd want from the firemen whose job is to save lives in the very community that showed them so little respect?

Easy – here is just some of what the crowd yelled: “Show me your hose,” “you can put out my fire,” “you’re making me hot,” “give me mouth-to-mouth,” “you look hungry, why don’t you have a twinkie (from a man wearing a “Girth and Mirth” t-shirt),” and “blow my hose.” That is a kind of family friendly that I never heard before – and people brought their kids.

Imagine any other parade and any other group being forced to march in it. Imagine the hoopla if a pro-life parade was held and any government employee was forced to march. The ACLU would be having a fit if just one public servant was ordered to march in that parade (they’d demand money if one gallon of city gas was used to take a fire engine down a street in support of life). But where are they when four firefighters are used as sex toys by the fire chief?

Nowhere, but then again they were busy marching in the parade too because what would a gay day parade be without the ACLU squarely (or queerly) in line.

Luckily for the firemen the Thomas More Law Center is filing suit claiming, quite rightly, that the firefighters who were forced to march by a lesbian fire chief in a gay parade were not only used as pawns to make the firefighting contingent bigger than the police, but that they were sexually harassed to boot. Not a bad claim considering I warned everyone not only in print, but on my radio program that gay pride is what it is and I guess it takes four firemen to listen because the media acts as if it is a love fest.

A few years ago I wrote an opinion piece for the San Diego Union-Tribune called “An odd way to bring gays into the mainstream” where I spelled out what gay pride parades were all about. Essentially nothing has changed – unless you count the fact that under the lesbian leadership of the fire department that being a gay firefighter went from voluntary to compulsory – and the parades and festivals are the same.

In 2004 I wrote, “The gay parade that traverses University Avenue is, perhaps, the most obnoxious of what gays call pride. The parade starts with "Dykes on Bikes" (lesbians on motorcycles) who are topless with simple strands of tape covering what most women consider private parts. Floats pumping 120 beats per minute dance music topped off with gyrating men wearing little more than thongs follow cowardly politicians who believe that the gay vote is so important that they march in a parade where words like "fag," "queer" and "dyke" are used interchangeably with homosexual and gay – forget for a moment that gays demand that straights who use that language be charged for hate crimes.”

Nothing has changed except today the chief of the fire services decided to order her firemen not to go home and spend more time with their families, not to train or be on stand by in case something happened during the event – no this time the fire chief ordered that four men who did not want to be subjected to the same thing that happens every year be subjected to it. For that she should lose her job and the city should be made to pay.

Gay firemen and police are nothing new and there was nothing stopping gay firemen, other than their schedule, from marching in the gay parade, but when the lesbian fire chief decided that her participation level had to be higher than the drag queen loving police chief – well then the line was crossed and compulsory gaydom began. The compulsory nature of gay pride in San Diego could well explain the increase in the number of participants as could the fact that some people march while they are on the city clock – but it is only the taxpayers money so who is counting?

Apparently not Tracy Jarman who happens to be the current fire chief of San Diego and by the time the Thomas More Law Center is done with the city she will probably be the former and with good reason. Jarman lacks the ability to make good decisions on the simplest of issues and since she lacked it on the issue of forcing men to be sexually harassed by throngs of gays looking for a cheap firefighter thrill – she probably lacks it on the bigger issues too.

The one question that has been answered in all of this is that even lesbians think that size matters. Who knew?

Steve Yuhas is a radio talk show host on AM 600 KOGO and may be reached at .:: THE STEVE YUHAS SHOW ::. or steve@steveyuhas.com

4. Shelby

Gold Member

all that work for nothing lol.

5. fortiesfun

Gold Member

I wish there were pictures...

6. losangelestim

losangelestim Member

Albums:
    what is this crap. shouldn't this belong in the same category as soy milk making someone fart?

7. D_Dick_Dock_Doe

D_Dick_Dock_Doe Account Disabled

Well, as an opinion piece, the opinion of the writer is certainly understood. However, aside from the horrendous writing, it is so anti-gay and mean-spirited that the main issue gets lost.

While I do not know anything about this story (this is the first I'm reading about it), I agree that it is bad judgment on the part of an employer to expect one's employees to participate in a function with which they may feel uncomfortable. But to use a story that is about a boss's misjudgement as a stepping-stone from which to attack the LGBT community is simply offensive.

If it had been a bunch of heterosexual women asking these firemen to "show them their hoses" there wouldn't be an issue to discuss.

8. MattBrick

MattBrick Member

Albums:
    sexually harassed?
    lol, I honestly don't have a whole lot of sympathy
    They got a day off paid to ride down the street in a parade
    now they are trying to make a stink and get a few bucks off the city

9. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Did it state why she made them do that? I don't think it was justified though. She let her sexual orientation interfere with her job.. thats not right.

10. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    This happens and its annoying. There are required events at work I am uncomfortable with, to be sure.

Indulge me, please, while I rant a bit:

Example: I'm often mandated to attend obligatory "diversity" training sessions at work. While I acknowledge the intent of diversity training is to reduce workplace conflicts and misunderstandings, I am put off by the heavy handed and patronizing way it has often been delivered.

To wit: Straight, white, middle class guys like me are usually used in the diversity training vidoes as subject examples of how not to behave at work. They are so often depicted as small minded, obnoxious, sexual predators or juvenile boors bent on offending everyone in the workplace.

Even worse, the group talk sessions after the videos are usually mediated by a "diversity" facilitator. The facilitator is supposed to remain nuetral and objective to guide the conversation but I've seen too many of them lose the pretense of nuetrality and tolerate white guy bashing in a way that wouldn't be tolerated were the roles reversed.

Dare to complain about any of this and you'll be marked as a troublemaker, due for even more diversity training.

I realize my complaints will likely draw little sympathy from minorities and others who've suffered from real discrimination. I understand that. But I can't deny I get weary of seeing my race and orientation so often being used as a doormat for social ills.

/rant

Yes. And that's exactly why writer took the opportunity.

11. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Good point.
    While I acknowledge the difference between a city employee being put in that position, and an employee in a private business being put in that position, I've experienced it - both in private business and as a state employee. Refusing to participate has resulted in a hostile work environment for me.
    Point, game, set, and match.

12. patersonandy

patersonandy New Member

Surely if the fire chief decided that the fire service should be represented at the event then she had to get staff to drive the fire engine. In the UK, it is common now to have floats at pride from the emergency services and the armed forces at pride - its a good way to recruit and improve public image.

My real concern would be why they used a fire engine at pride which may have been needed for an emergency because that is the worst waste of taxpayers money

13. mindseye

Gold Member

Since Shelby seemed to have sought out the most offensive telling of this story he could find, here are a few other outlets that are covering this story. In an effort to be fair, I've chosen a "liberal" newspaper, a "conservative" network, and an outlet that focuses on stories of interest to LGBT people.

The Washington Post
    FOX News
    The Advocate

These other outlets reveal that the four complainants specifically sought out a law firm known for Christian political advocacy; suggesting that bias exists on both sides of this issue, not just the one side portrayed in Shelby's article.

It's my hope that the four men will regard Pride Day as an educational experience. Having now experienced pressure to conform to someone else's orientation-discordant expectations, I hope they will emerge as strong advocates against policies such as "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", which require gay people to do so on a daily basis.

However, I sadly expect that they will not reap that lesson from their experience.

14. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Yeah, that's unheard of!
    How dare you expect them to wear a shoe which has been firmly placed on the other foot! How dare you!

15. B_lisasdong

B_lisasdong New Member

Horrors. How dare they?

Perhaps you would like to be forced to participate in a demonstration conducted by some group known for the aforementioned Christian political advocacy, focused on "saving" or "fixing" homosexuals, so that you may become educated and join their advocacy?

I thought not. How 'bout this? Just let them be.

16. Caliman

Caliman Member

Tough guys, huh? My favorite part of the FOX article is the captain suggesting he has NEVER experienced as much stress in his entire career than being exposed to this event. Well, he and his crew need to be moved from the Hillcrest neighborhood where the firestation is, and put somewhere less stressful possibly near the border. If he has a daughter, maybe he has an idea what its like for a woman to walk around some parts of the city. Really, a FIREMAN not used being looked at in a sexual manner? You should see the firemen walking around Target or the grocery stores in LA, they eat it up.

Next, "I can't put out that fire because gay guys live there, Its going to be too stressful if I get looked at funny".

17. Shelby

Gold Member

I like the way the Advocate took great pains to clearly identify the victims so militant members of the LBGT community can find them.

btw - Offensive? Depends on your point of view I suppose. Provocative? Absolutely.

18. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

lisasdong, did you read my post #11? Yes, I have been subjected to religious discrimination and harrassment in a state-government workplace.
    Oh my, their lives are in extreme danger. The Gay Mafia has contracts out on them, I'm sure. We all know that a WHOLE lot more straight people are murdered by activist gays, than gays are murdered by homophobic straights, right?

And you don't understand why statements like

"her firefighters were not only subjected to sexual harassment by the thousands of gathered perverts"

"a parade that brings out all of the things that gays pretend they’re not"

"give a cheap thrill to middle-aged men looking for one."

"all about the lisping diversity of the gay community"

"when four firefighters are used as sex toys by the fire chief?"

are offensive?

19. mindseye

Gold Member

I have been so forced -- as a condition for graduation from a public high school, during the 1980's. And I have always advocated for the rights of Christians: the right to self-identify, the right to assemble peaceably, the right to overbreed (I sure wish they wouldn't) -- exactly up to the point where they demand that other people accommodate their beliefs in schools, courthouses, hospitals, clinics, neighborhoods, workplaces, etc.

20. Shelby

Gold Member

People were made to feel uncomfortable because of their sexual orientation.

Isn't that what y'all are always bitching about? Your lack of sympathy just because they're different than you is quite telling.

You demand to be treated in ways you reserve the right not to treat others.

Awesome.

Oh yeah I'm sorry. It's ok for you because it's only revenge. Sounds like a great recipe for mutual understanding.

Draft saved Draft deleted