Gay Pride Firemen

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Since we all know the troll is most likely still reading, and will most likely return soon under a different name, I'll go ahead and respond to this...
Maybe I'd find someone who wouldn't attack me for having a different opinion? Be nice for a change, that's for sure.
You weren't attacked for having a different opinion. You were politely asked to explain your different opinion, then attacked for your bigotry, your smug stupidity, and your troll attitude.
And it is definitely not a civil right. I understand why you want to insist otherwise, but such insistence is not a substitute for legal reasoning, which is why it is rejected by the people at every turn.
It is not rejected by the people at every turn for legal reasoning (which you failed to provide), it's rejected due to bigotry. Read the Constitution. Until you can prove that it's NOT a civil right, it IS a civil right... not the other way around.
Finally, I have to say that frankly, I think about the worst thing anyone could ever do would be to take SP's advice about anything.
And the best thing you did was get yourself banned, right? Troll!
Lisa, you seem to fail to understand the difference between disagreeing in a civil way and having a discussion that everyone enjoys despite their differences, and assuming that your opinion is the only opinion. There are lots of us on here who disagree with one another, being adults and non trolls we manage to do that amicably.
Well-said, Princess. Love ya, pet!
The best part of reading through this whole long thread was seeing Lisasdong has been banned.

And am I the only one who thinks that Shelby's being a terrible victim about all this?
Wanna take wagers on "what will be the next incarnation for cricketsdong or lisasliar?"

Shelby achieved PRECISELY the result he intended with his original post. Toss a firebomb through a window into a crowded room, and snicker while watching the peasants scurry about.

matticus201

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I suppose the only thing that I can say about lisasdong's comments is that they will, fortunately, die with her someday, bitter and unsupported. The world is changing, as are the views of it's inhabitants, and someday, a person will be able to marry whomever they choose, as long as those of us who believe in that freedom continue to fight for it. History tells us this. 'Nuff said.

As for the article, I really do feel that the firefighters should not have been forced to participate in the parade, if indeed this is how events panned out. Somehow I doubt that this is the case, but nevertheless, I would be upset if I were forced to participate in some anti-gay demonstration to be sure. It's not quite the same thing, but I can understand the point.

Since they were allegedly on the clock (I got this impression, but am not sure if it is accurate), I guess I can see how it could be deemed sexual harassment, but I feel this is a weak arguement. I do think the Fire Chief should be reprimanded in some way, but if her performance record shows that she does her job well, especially if this is a "first complaint," she certainly shouldn't be demoted or fired. This kind of harassment happens all the time. My first interview for the lawfirm I worked at was at a strip joint called "The Hidden Door." I was so uncomfortable it was ridiculous. I got the job, but was introduced very quickly into the world of bigots who don't give a shit about others. I can understand how that feels, and therefore I feel for the firemen, but I just find it hard to believe that they could have, at any time, left this situation. If they had done this, I'd be much more inclined to support some sort of legal action, because their beliefs about it were so strong that they left the situation at the peril of loosing their jobs. But they didn't do this. Just a thought.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
First, what does marriage have to do with the firefighter situation? Second, why even be concerned with getting married? The average marriage is lasting about 4-14 months these days...with a lifetime of struggle and pain to following the divorce. I say, ratify the ammendment and give same sex couples the same benefits hetero couples have and leave yourselves out of the misery that is divorce.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
First, what does marriage have to do with the firefighter situation? Second, why even be concerned with getting married? The average marriage is lasting about 4-14 months these days...with a lifetime of struggle and pain to following the divorce. I say, ratify the ammendment and give same sex couples the same benefits hetero couples have and leave yourselves out of the misery that is divorce.

Agreed... I was away for a bit, and got lost in the shuffle.

DC's post also confirmed my suspition of a "Multiple Handle" user. The posts were just too damn familiar

DC, there are many posters in here that throw the bomb and watch the schrapnel fly. Honestly, if it's positive, I think its good and promotes a hell of alot more people from all corners to step forward and voice their opinions. But the only issue with Dropping the Turd, is that some folks see it as negative, and some see it as positive. SO it's always hard to determine who's thinking what.

Everybody's gotta remember. Opinions are like Assholes - Everybody's got one. (Just some are worn out more)

bigmachine

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As a Firefighter in the US of A my Chief,or any superior or even any Mayor town council or committee member can order you to march in any parade while you are off duty, that would warrant overtime for that firefighter anyway if was ordered in. Second if they were on duty they would have to comply with the standards of uniforms for firefighting while on duty which would probably be nomex pants and shirts or cotton or a rated FF/cotton blend. Dress or parade uniforms do not neet the standards for firefighting.

To take an apparatus out of service like that for reasons of their own interest is absurd and a huge waste of taxpayer money. If I was a resident of San Diego, I'd have a lot of questions for the town fathers about that one.

I believe she lost her job on this one and no union would back her on that issue.