Gay re-orientation

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by regularguy, Jul 30, 2006.

1. regularguy

regularguy Member

What do you all think about all the gay re-orientation that's going on? All the gays-can-turn-straight counseling, literature etcetera?

For those of you who were unaware, it is out there. The catholic group is called courage, the protestant group is called exodus, and there may be some secular groups but I don't know.

2. GoneA

Gold Member

BWAHAHAH .... good luck with that.

3. mtguy1972

mtguy1972 Member

they're a huge scam and tremendously damaging.

no reputable therapist would engage in that because it's unethical;

sexual orientation isn't a choice, so all it does is brainwash people into being celibate, not change their orientation;

it does incredible harm to the person's psyche and sense of self;

it's driven by religious wackos and not by science, medicine or therapy

those are my thoughts in a nutshell

4. BarebackJack

BarebackJack New Member

Albums:
    I'm starting a straight re-orientation foundation and summer camp where poor, dull, confused straight men can come and be made into FABULOUS, witty, talented, stylish, and trend-conscious homosexuals. No celibacy required. Bring your own Vaseline.

The way I figure it, if gay people can be molded into upstanding heterosexual pillars of their community, the opposite should work on heteros.

5. Nelly Gay

Nelly Gay New Member

Why would anyone want to "turn straight" ?
    Is there something wrong with being gay then ?

6. B_Hung Muscle

B_Hung Muscle New Member

Such a stupid waste of time, money and trouble.

7. Nelly Gay

Nelly Gay New Member

Can we have sham marriages too and children who we abandon when we finally accept "our little difference".
    Can we feel we are better than all others too ?
    Just a thought ....

8. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

For gay men who are already so committed to their faith that they would want to go through with this, I guess a little more brainwashing won't hurt.

9. ManiacalMadMan

Gold Member

Faith and religion are different things and although it can be argued that religion is a form of brainwashing true faith (not some canned variety) is not a brainwashing. Either you have it or you don't. Further it is not just done with churches Psychiatrists and other counselors and groups are constantly trying to tamper with sexuality
    As to the sexuality brainwashing I knew a man who went and did this, even married a woman he met at work...did I mention that he's dead now because the lie made him so miserable he killed himself off?

10. phantom73

phantom73 New Member

Albums:
    What a FANTASTIC idea!!!
    But will they still be able to wear flannel after conversion?
    I so dig a man in flannel!

11. Matthew

Gold Member

I'm adding this quote from a straight guy posting in another thread, because I think it's very illuminating on this question:

Amen.

12. GoneA

Gold Member

I love how the Catholic groups call themselves "courage" ... what correlation are they trying to make exactly?

*makes some lame gay sissy joke*

(I don't even WANNA know what "exodus" is implying)

13. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

I believe you that it's out there but it's only a phenomenon I've seen on sensationalist talk shows. Fortunately I don't live anywhere near where anything like that goes on that I know.

I'm sure it's about as effective as trying to make a heterosexual into a homosexual. Pointless.

14. B_Stronzo

B_Stronzo New Member

In which case NIC.

Brainwashing to follow::tongue:

I've already enrolled you in my "Courage to be Gay" classes. You've got plenty to work with so I expect you in class each morning promptly at 8:00 A.M.

No need to bring a notebook or your pencil box. It wouldn't fit anyway.

15. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

This bears repeating:

16. taven

taven Member

I'm gay and I wear flannel (and denim too) but then a friend of mine insists I'm a closet lesbian.

17. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

Unfortunatly:

Leviticus 20:13 'If a man has sex with a man in same way as with a woman, they have committed an abomination. They are certainly to be put to death.'

Even more unfortunatly, some people actually beleive that shit.

18. madame_zora

Gold Member

And of course, unless you're Jewish, the Old Testament is NOT your rulebook for life. Did ANYONE get the point of Jesus' life? Sometimes it seems the poor fucker was wasting his time. Jesus was a leftist with all his "live and let live" shit and "be good to your neighbor" talk. He was all about cleaning up your own side of the street, but that's just not as much fun as judging others to make yourself feel superior, now is it?

Real Christians don't care what you do in your bedroom, that's just idiotic fundies. They're plentiful, no doubt, but they're NOT xian. I'm neither, but I can tell the difference.

19. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

That was fairly nail on the head.

Can I just add that such people tend to be complete hypocrits? Because if you are going to every single thing in the "Good Book" then you have to abide by such gems as:

Deuteronomy 'When you go to war against your enemies and you take prisoners put the entire male population to death. If among the prisoners you see a beautiful woman, and you are attracted to her you may take her as a wife.'

Deuteronomy 'You must not wear clothing woven part of wool, part of linen.'

Leviticus 11:7: 'Regard the pig as unclean, for though has a cloven hoof, it does not chew the cud.'

Leviticus 'But anything in the seas or rivers that does not have fins and scales, regard as an abomination. Do not eat their meat and regard their carcasses as an abomination.'

EDIT: Damn, it changed half my references into smilies, and I cant be bothered looking them up again.

20. madame_zora

Gold Member

This is some seriously funny stuff. Someguy, I actually pulled out my Bible and read that passage, but the whole thing is a hoot:

1 The LORD said to Moses,

2 "Tell the Israelites: Anyone, whether an Israelite or an alien residing in Israel, who gives any of his offspring to Molech* shall be put to death. Let his fellow citizens stone him.

3 I myself will turn against such a man and cut him off from the body of his people; for in giving his offspring to Molech, he has defiled my sanctuary and profaned my holy name.

4 Even if his fellow citizens connive at such a man's crime of giving his offspring to Molech, and fail to put him to death,

5 I myself will set my face against that man and his family and will cut off from their people both him and all who join him in his wanton worship of Molech.

6 Should anyone turn to mediums and fortune-tellers and follow their wanton ways, I will turn against such a one and cut him off from his people.

7 Sanctify yourselves, then, and be holy; for I, the LORD, your God, am holy. 8 Be careful, therefore, to observe what I, the LORD, who make you holy, have prescribed.

9 "Anyone who curses his father or mother shall be put to death; since he has cursed his father or mother, he has forfeited his life.

10 If a man commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.

11 If a man disgraces his father by lying with his father's wife, both the man and his stepmother shall be put to death; they have forfeited their lives.

12 If a man lies with his daughter-in-law, both of them shall be put to death; since they have committed an abhorrent deed, they have forfeited their lives.

13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.

14 If a man marries a woman and her mother also, the man and the two women as well shall be burned to death for their shameful conduct, so that such shamefulness may not be found among you.

15 If a man has carnal relations with an animal, the man shall be put to death, and the animal shall be slain.

16 If a woman goes up to any animal to mate with it, the woman and the animal shall be slain; let them both be put to death; their lives are forfeit.

17 If a man consummates marriage with his sister or his half-sister, they shall be publicly cut off from their people for this shameful deed; the man shall pay the penalty of having had intercourse with his own sister.

18 If a man lies in sexual intercourse with a woman during her menstrual period, both of them shall be cut off from their people, because they have laid bare the flowing fountain of her blood.

19 You shall not have intercourse with your mother's sister or your father's sister; whoever does so shall pay the penalty of incest.

20 If a man disgraces his uncle by having intercourse with his uncle's wife, the man and his aunt shall pay the penalty by dying childless.

21 If a man marries his brother's wife and thus disgraces his brother, they shall be childless because of this incest.

22 "Be careful to observe all my statutes and all my decrees; otherwise the land where I am bringing you to dwell will vomit you out.

23 Do not conform, therefore, to the customs of the nations whom I am driving out of your way, because all these things that they have done have filled me with disgust for them.

24 But to you I have said: Their land shall be your possession, a land flowing with milk and honey. I am giving it to you as your own, I, the LORD, your God, who have set you apart from the other nations.

25 You, too, must set apart, then, the clean animals from the unclean, and the clean birds from the unclean, so that you may not be contaminated with the uncleanness of any beast or bird or of any swarming creature in the land that I have set apart for you.

26 To me, therefore, you shall be sacred; for I, the LORD, am sacred, I, who have set you apart from the other nations to be my own.

27 1 "A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortune-teller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death."

* http://www.themystica.com/mythical-folk/articles/molech.html

Now please, tell me what people would be in favor of putting adulterers to death? People who curse their parents? People who see spiritualists? People who give their children to Molech? (okay, I'M in favor of killing THEM) Did you even READ all the couplings that are "against the lord"? Geez, those guys were fucking everything that moved and several things that did not. Seems to me this god was pretty fucking interested in where we stuck our dicks. How better to control a population than to start with our sexual function. Is anyone other than me NOT surprised that this is the guy who ordered men to lop of hunks of their dicks to prove obedience? This god is a psychopath, sorry.

Selective judgement is frightening. Learn to read the whole book, assholes.

Thanks for posting that, someguy, it's good to discover where these half-truths come from.

Draft saved Draft deleted