Gay+Religion

j331970

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
If you want the answer to your question, pick up your Bible, study, ask questions when you don't understand, but most of all talk to God. If you want to know what the author is talking about, TALK TO THE AUTHOR!

If you don't have a Bible, I recomend this one: ISBN #0-310-91977-0

Reactions: StevoEsteban

D_one and done

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think homosexuality is God's solution to the population problem!

i dont mean to be offensive in any way and that's kind of a joke. i was raised roman catholic and they always taught that "God made everything" and all that. so somewhere along the line God must have made some people gay?

lol so i wasnt the only one wondering about that lol.

imo, being gay isnt a choice. for most its probably more of a genetic thing. i know that much is true in my case because there is no other explanation. that being said, if someone believes in a divine creator then there must be a reason for it to make some people gay and some not. the only reason that made any sense to me was to quell the population problem.

ive seen the argument from many christians that people being gay and not having children will cause the death of the human race, which is utterly stupid. i'm sure that humans will have destroyed the earth long before the amount of gay people living on it could cause any unfixable drop in population.

shadow27

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think i jsut fell in love with like every person on this site...
wow you all impress me sooo much... not going to lie i was expecting like all of you to be like... religion is dumb... but you are all pretty cool about it...

The major debate is that "God doesnt love Homosexuals"...WRONG!!! God loves the homosexual... dont listen to the jerks that say else... you are amazing in his eyes... and you are loved like non other... i honestly believe that one of these days we will all know what God really thinks about all this stuff... for me im not going to worry about it...

Reactions: StevoEsteban

billybones

Superior Member
Media
I just came out and i've always been a chrisitian. I was wondering some of your guys' beleifs. It scares me, the whole "your gay so your going to hell thing". I just want your guys' two cents, it will be appriciated, thanks.

There is nothing now or ever has been anything anti-christian about being gay. Only those people who loose site of what it means to be a christian profess such a thing. And, time and again, they're the ones found on their lousy knees with a dick in their mouths.

Hotrocker

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Christianity offers a gospel of love, of God's love for us, our love for God and our love for one another. This is the central message.

Yes, if you look hard enough you can find passages in the Bible which condemn homosexuality. There are passages in the Bible which condemn those who wear clothes made from mixed fibres or don't cut their hair in the required manner. Some obscure OT passages describes brutal events which appear to be approved - genocide and rape - while the OT and NT say some pretty negative things about women.

The Bible is written by men, translated by men, interpreted by men. There is a view that says the Bible is a reflection of the word of God, not directly the word of God. All ages should take from it the broad message, but all ages have trouble with the detail, and the Bible-thumpers who argue "the Bible says" + obscure quote + "therefore you must do / not do x else go to hell" - these in my view have miss-read the totality of the Bible and missed the important, central message.

What is important is the way in which you live your life. Live your life with love: for God, for your neighbour, for yourself. These things determine the fate of your soul, not whether you happen to be gay or straight, or whether you have red hair or a big nose.

You make a very good point, Jason. As you pointed out, there are differences between the Old and New Testaments. However, it is prudent to know that the new testament is what the Christian faith mostly bases their law and beliefs off of. Because in reality, the times before the birth of Christ, according to the Bible, were times of great turbulence. People were brutally struck down by God for "small" sins such as working on Sabbath. However, these punishments of sinners were drastically toned down after the death of Christ because, as all Christians know, Christ died for the sins of mankind... thus making it a moot point to strike a man/woman down for sinning. Now, all a man need do is ask for forgiveness and accept Christ as his savior to gain entrance to heaven.

Now to the point: it specifically states in the NEW TESTAMENT that homosexuality is an act that forbids the homosexual from inheriting the kingdom of God. REMEMBER: THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CONSIDERING YOURSELF GAY AND COMMITTING HOMOSEXUAL ACTS.

1 Corinthians 6:9 - 10 (King James Version)

9: "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God"

Pretty self explanatory.

You can argue all you want about the corruptibility of the bible's authors and the chance that it was tampered with... but the fact that Christians are to follow the word of God, which IS the Bible, is still absolutely mandatory for a Christian. It isn't ignorance and its NOT "gay- bashing." Its just a large group of people doing what they believe their God is telling them to do... and nobody is in a position to dispute the validity of what the Bible says, just as nobody is in a position yet to dispute the validity of the theory of evolution.

However, you can ask for forgiveness of your sins, and you will be forgiven, according to the Christian Bible. Also according to the Christian Bible, yielding to the power of Christ/God/Holy Spirit along with confessing your sins to God will grant you entrance to Heaven... so if you were considering yourself gay before you asked for forgiveness, you'll be forgiven for any homosexual act. It isn't as much of the asking for forgiveness as much as it is the fight of temptation to sin.

Also, the Christian doctrine states that God does not make mistakes.

"Great is our Lord, and of great power: His understanding is infinite" (Psalms 147:5)

The use of the term "his understanding is infinite" would never be used to describe someone that is capable of making mistakes... hence the word INFINITE. Also, it is stated that God made mankind in his image.

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Genesis 1:27

After reading those two passages, it is clear that a.) God does not make mistakes and b.) God made man in his own image. That would mean that God designed mankind to be straight and not Gay, because it was clearly stated in Corinthians that homosexuality is forbidden... PLUS, God does not make mistakes according to the Psalms verse. So that would mean that homosexuality is a trait acquired after birth because to make a person unlike himself would be a mistake, yes? And as stated above, God does not make mistakes.

To disagree with the above paragraph would be directly disagreeing with biblical verses. So if you disagree, you wouldn't consider yourself a Christian anyway... because you can't have a view that directly contradicts the Christian Bible and still claim to be a Christian.

Just a note to all of those ignorant people out there: I have nothing against homosexuals. I do not judge because it is not my place to judge. If you are gay and have talked with me in chat, then you know I'm pretty cool and not a "gay- basher." I'm just stating what is verbatim from the Christian Bible...

Jaycat

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You make a very good point, Jason. As you pointed out, there are differences between the Old and New Testaments. However, it is prudent to know that the new testament is what the Christian faith mostly bases their law and beliefs off of. Because in reality, the times before the birth of Christ, according to the Bible, were times of great turbulence. People were brutally struck down by God for "small" sins such as working on Sabbath. However, these punishments of sinners were drastically toned down after the death of Christ because, as all Christians know, Christ died for the sins of mankind... thus making it a moot point to strike a man/woman down for sinning. Now, all a man need do is ask for forgiveness and accept Christ as his savior to gain entrance to heaven.

Now to the point: it specifically states in the NEW TESTAMENT that homosexuality is an act that forbids the homosexual from inheriting the kingdom of God. REMEMBER: THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CONSIDERING YOURSELF GAY AND COMMITTING HOMOSEXUAL ACTS.

9: "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God"

Pretty self explanatory.

You can argue all you want about the corruptibility of the bible's authors and the chance that it was tampered with... but the fact that Christians are to follow the word of God, which IS the Bible, is still absolutely mandatory for a Christian. It isn't ignorance and its NOT "gay- bashing." Its just a large group of people doing what they believe their God is telling them to do... and nobody is in a position to dispute the validity of what the Bible says, just as nobody is in a position yet to dispute the validity of the theory of evolution.

However, you can ask for forgiveness of your sins, and you will be forgiven, according to the Christian Bible. Also according to the Christian Bible, yielding to the power of Christ/God/Holy Spirit along with confessing your sins to God will grant you entrance to Heaven... so if you were considering yourself gay before you asked for forgiveness, you'll be forgiven for any homosexual act. It isn't as much of the asking for forgiveness as much as it is the fight of temptation to sin.

Also, the Christian doctrine states that God does not make mistakes.

"Great is our Lord, and of great power: His understanding is infinite" (Psalms 147:5)

The use of the term "his understanding is infinite" would never be used to describe someone that is capable of making mistakes... hence the word INFINITE. Also, it is stated that God made mankind in his image.

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Genesis 1:27

After reading those two passages, it is clear that a.) God does not make mistakes and b.) God made man in his own image. That would mean that God designed mankind to be straight and not Gay, because it was clearly stated in Corinthians that homosexuality is forbidden... PLUS, God does not make mistakes according to the Psalms verse. So that would mean that homosexuality is a trait acquired after birth because to make a person unlike himself would be a mistake, yes? And as stated above, God does not make mistakes.

To disagree with the above paragraph would be directly disagreeing with biblical verses. So if you disagree, you wouldn't consider yourself a Christian anyway... because you can't have a view that directly contradicts the Christian Bible and still claim to be a Christian.

Just a note to all of those ignorant people out there: I have nothing against homosexuals. I do not judge because it is not my place to judge. If you are gay and have talked with me in chat, then you know I'm pretty cool and not a "gay- basher." I'm just stating what is verbatim from the Christian Bible...

Ok for one, that first Verse you quoted.mankind. to me means all of humanity not just MEN.

I agree with your statement on the second quote, god is all knowing and made no mistakes, That being said, he ment for me to be gay and shall not condem me.

Third quote, i have nothing, it seems like your summerizing the quotes, though, to what you think they mean. I see them as totally different meanings. Thats the flaw with most churches in the world today. They Summerize the scripture to how they see it. No two people who read the bible will get the same meaning out of it without someone telling them what they think it means. Kinda a Flawed system.

My mom says (who doesnt know im gay): "Why would god make something he doesnt agree with and hates? Why would he purposely make someone gay if he condems it?"

Thank you all for the help, it really has helped me realise that god made me for a purpose.

Hotrocker

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ok for one, that first Verse you quoted.mankind. to me means all of humanity not just MEN.

I agree with your statement on the second quote, god is all knowing and made no mistakes, That being said, he ment for me to be gay and shall not condem me.

Third quote, i have nothing, it seems like your summerizing the quotes, though, to what you think they mean. I see them as totally different meanings. Thats the flaw with most churches in the world today. They Summerize the scripture to how they see it. No two people who read the bible will get the same meaning out of it without someone telling them what they think it means. Kinda a Flawed system.

My mom says (who doesnt know im gay): "Why would god make something he doesnt agree with and hates? Why would he purposely make someone gay if he condems it?"

Thank you all for the help, it really has helped me realise that god made me for a purpose.

"Ok for one, that first Verse you quoted.mankind. to me means all of humanity not just MEN."

You can choose to interpret "mankind" as not men, but all of humanity... but in the end, you can't ignore the "nor effeminate" part. If we did play your game and chose to interpret "mankind" as all humanity instead of men, then that would mean that sex was forbidden... which it wasn't as that would lead to the extinction of humanity. So already you seem to be conveniently choosing to interpret the verse to benefit your own bias.

"god is all knowing and made no mistakes, That being said, he ment for me to be gay and shall not condem me."

You're forgetting the whole New Testament verse I included earlier labeled "1 Corinthians 6:9 - 10 (King James Version)" It clearly stated that being gay is a sin.... so according to the Christian Bible, it is a sin to be homosexual as stated in both the new and old testaments. What I meant by "he made no mistakes" and "all knowing" and he "created us in his image" obviously implies that you are gay because of an event or occurrence that took place after birth... so God did NOT make you gay. The world you were born into did. According to the Christian Bible, gays are NOT born. They are products of their environment on Earth.

D

deleted213967

so God did NOT make you gay. The world you were born into did. According to the Christian Bible, gays are NOT born. They are products of their environment on Earth.

Yet you found a loophole in The Bible that gives you a free pass to expose your fully erect penis on LPSG.

You're good!

Do consider becoming a litigation lawyer or a spin doctor for the McCain campaign (who evidently needs help pandering to the religious bigots club).

hot-rod

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a traditional christian family so Im well acquainted with all the bible tootin' gay bashers and their tactics. Being gay should in no way affect you being a christian. Even if being gay is considered a "sin"(which is debatable), in God's eyes its no better or worse than any other sin. sin is sin. If that is the religion in which you believe, then you can no more go to hell for the "sin" of being gay than you can for the sin of stealing or lying.

Theres my two cents :) hope it helps
Who said being gay was a sin? The church and who runs the church? Single, unmarried gay men. Who wrote the bible? Men! God really didn't have anything to do with either one, but the church wants us to believe just the opposite. Just my opinion and belief.

B_Giovani

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
God tells you the way to do, from there it's our choices to beleive in Bible or not. But if you do beleive, you have to know that there is not two way of interpretation, it is not a multiple choice of answer, just one and it's clear. If you dont beleive in the bible, thats your right again, but you should not presume what the bible said.

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just once I would like to see the only scripture found in the New Testament that says anything about being gay quoted like this.

Why isn't this scripture ever quoted like this? Just so we are clear, all those that have ever had sex before they are married, had an affair, have ever lied, been drunk, stole a paper clip from work or condemned others are all the same as being gay according to this one scripture. And does abusers of themselves with mankind mean jerkin off? Damn, there will be no men in heaven I guess. So let the stones start flying from all you perfect christians.

D_one and done

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Who said being gay was a sin? The church and who runs the church? Single, unmarried gay men. Who wrote the bible? Men! God really didn't have anything to do with either one, but the church wants us to believe just the opposite. Just my opinion and belief.

I dont think being gay is a sin. I was only posing an answer to his first post concerning those in the faith who consider being gay a sin that sends you directly to hell. My point was that even IF it was a sin at all, according to the bible no sin is too great not to be forgiven. if he believes in an eternal existence after death, then he shouldnt be worried that being gay is going to compromise his place after death.

cm70874

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In one of my Political Science classes, my Professor was telling us that homosexuality isn't really considered a sin, it is classified as an abomination. My opinon is I refuse to believe that there is a just and holy God, that would forgive a man or woman for murdering 30 peolple, welcome them into heaven if they ask for forgiveness. Then cast a man or woman into hell to burn for falling in love with someone of the same sex. I am a christian but it upsets me that people assume that God took a dump one day and the bible fell from his ass. These are just stories, personal interpretations of what people believe God said to them. Whose to say if these people were Saints or not. My Nanny told me that Saints were made to be such by claiming they heard God speak to them she also told me that these people were afraid to be locked away for being crazy, so why not claim God spoke to you. What I told my parents when I came out to them is that, "I have a personal relationship with God that you will never understand. What you think God told you and what I know he told me is completly different. I have made me peace with God and he understands me, so should you."

musclekid

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dont think being gay is a sin. I was only posing an answer to his first post concerning those in the faith who consider being gay a sin that sends you directly to hell. My point was that even IF it was a sin at all, according to the bible no sin is too great not to be forgiven. if he believes in an eternal existence after death, then he shouldnt be worried that being gay is going to compromise his place after death.

By this logic everyone could do what they want without any sort of consequences. You left out the repentance part.

Vanbrugh

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You know the gay haters that validate their own bigotry via the bible. I would suggest taking their comments with a grain of salt. Conveniently altering and taking out of context material that has been translated thousands of times over hundreds of years is a far from accurate way to gauge your own life.

Have your own relationship with whatever power it is you believe and live your life to the fullest under your own besiege.

Very Profound!

Hotrocker

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yet you found a loophole in The Bible that gives you a free pass to expose your fully erect penis on LPSG.

You're good!

Do consider becoming a litigation lawyer or a spin doctor for the McCain campaign (who evidently needs help pandering to the religious bigots club).

You're an ignorant jackass who obviously misunderstood both of my posts. If I were a religious bigot, I'd be shit talking every homosexual on this site that came across me. Because trust me when I say that I make sure people I don't like KNOW that I don't fucking like them. Kinda like you, Domisoldo. I really don't like you now that you tried to call me out to be some kind of asshole, homophobic bigot. This happens to be the first time I've commented on a biblical post and WHADDYA KNOW... a stupid son of a bitch who was too ignorant to look at a post subjectively and without bias happened to run his big mouth off to me and try to make me out to be the scapegoat. It is gay people like you that produce homophobes who constantly berate you. Its your own fault that you're constantly on the defensive, defending your homosexuality, because of your damned ignorance. Its people like vxie and a few other dudes on here that prove that there are definitely intelligent, cool gay people that are fun to talk to and are not ignorant as you obviously are.

A loophole? Did I come off as "holier than thou?" Did I even EVER fucking mention that I claimed to be a Christian? I've never told anyone on this site my faith and I never will because I know that the potential of someone ignorant and pathetic such as you may mistake my claim to faith as being that of a homophobe or bigot.

And lastly... who the FUCK are you to judge me? I wasn't judging anyone in my posts... in fact... go read the disclaimer in my first post, you fucking moron.