Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think god has bigger fish to fry than curing gay tendencies. How about starving people, innocent children, victims of autrocities, and the list goes on. So many more troubles in the world. Your desires for loving or lusting after another man are way down on his priority list. Not sure he is doing very well with the top of the list either. Let's just all stop calling his name to fix our own problems and let him get on with the big stuff. ---There I've said it!

I appreciate your comment, but I think God can handle everything at once because he is omniscient and omnipotent. The thing is, humans tend to blame things on God, but we never really look at it from His point of view. 1. He gave us a plan for us to follow (The Bible), 2. We don't follow it and have to pay the consequences. Therefore, we have the world we have today! One messed up piece of shit that we created, NOT God! Besides, everything that happens is prophecy (2 Timothy 3). Times will get hard, there will be famine, people will reject God (more than they already do).

BBTM

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've ranted on this one loads of times, as have many brighter and better than me.

I don't think God gives a shit if I'm gay or not.

There are so so many loop hole arguments around the whole gay and religion thing and the thing is, there is no real coverage of the subject.

Leviticus was a mad arse and was old testiment so it just dosen't mean shit.

It boils down to, if being gay is a sin, so is wearing mixed fabrics. It's a tired old quote for self righteous homophobic bigots to cling on to the fading power of the church.

May it rest in peace, Amen

As I've mentioned before, being gay is as much of a sin as lying. (James 2:10) And Leviticus along with the Old Testament was written for the Jews. When Jesus came, He came to fulfill the law or, in other words, satisfied the parameters that God had laid down for the Jews (Matthew 5:17). Jesus is the perfect sacrifice and had to only die once, and in order to go to Heaven, all you have to do is believe in Jesus and ask God for salvation! As for the bigots...they are only hurting the name of Christ. As Christians, we are to love the sinner, but hate the sin (just as God does)

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Criminy... how convenient.

Jesus actually said the old law must be observed.

That is what he SAID.

The story of the "whoever is without sin may cast the first stone"?
that was ADDED to the bible nearly a thousand years after Jesus died.

Jesus never actually said it.

Rugbypup, in saying that the old testament doesn't mean shit, is half right.

The New testament is just as mad, just as meaningless....

Really... sit down and READ revelations some time.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Its an awkward phase that Christianity is in, these days...
So is Buddhism. Ask the Dalai Lama. So is Islam. People are questioning the relevancy of their beliefs worldwide. Always have. The rise and fall of televangelism, the spanish inquisition, the salem witch trials...

Its embarrassing... "The parts of the Bible that reflect MY personal prejudices and actions are TRUE!
I don't understand what's so embarrassing about finding personal truth in various faiths while noting the falsehoods. Is cherry picking really a sign of inconsistency? There's something to be said for the gift of discernment.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media

That is what he SAID.

Were you there when he said it?

How do you know he didn't?

BBTM

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Criminy... how convenient.

That is what he SAID.

Rugbypup, in saying that the old testament doesn't mean shit, is half right.

The New testament is just as mad, just as meaningless....

Really... sit down and READ revelations some time.

Which version are you reading from?

Simba26

Just Browsing
Media
Phil Ayesho - I have seen and felt enough of god to know that he is not Fiction. If you give it a try and have faith anything is possible

And god doesn't have bigger fish to fry because he loves everyone the same.

Im glad my comments actually made sense and thanks for the support :)

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Personally, I think anyone who is trying to resolve his faith on a site like LPSG might be a bit misguided. Your faith will not be given to you by anyone else no matter what they say. You are going to have to work this one out yourself. Good luck on your journey.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
At the end of the day, your faith is something between you and your god (whichever god that may be). It's up to you to make your own peace with Him or Her. If you start asking other people what to do and what to believe, you'll get told what to do and what to believe according to how they see things. Remember that old saying, "There are three sides to every story, yours, theirs and the truth." Find your own truth. The Bible and other religious texts can help you to sort things out in your own mind, but remember that they have all been written and translated by other people and are subject to their prejudices and preconceptions.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Phil Ayesho - I have seen and felt enough of god to know that he is not Fiction. If you give it a try and have faith anything is possible

And god doesn't have bigger fish to fry because he loves everyone the same.

Im glad my comments actually made sense and thanks for the support :)

What you claim to SEE and FEEL are not evidence.

There's a guy in the insane asylum who FEELS he's Napoleon...

The thing about delusion... it affects your perceptions and your judgments.

People who believe in UFOS see UFO's .
People who believe in conspiracies see conspiracies.

No Hindu ever went crazy and thought we was Jesus...
And no amount of Acid will actually enable you to fly...

You are sitting in front of a computer, connected to a world wide communication network... the display, the mouse, the PCU, the electricity from the wall... the lights you work by, the phones, and refrigerators, washing machines and automobiles...
the fact that cold beer can be had in summer, your food is safe to eat, your water pure... your body vaccinated ....

God had nothing to do with any of that.

10,000 years of human prayer did not eradicate one disease, did not keep food from spoiling and poisoning people and did not make the blind see.

I can see, today, because some human being, way back when, decided that "god's grace" was NOT a good enough answer to the question of "why rainbows happen"... and INVENTED the science of Optics ( thanks Al Hasan)

Life only has gotten better when Mankind has STOPPED blaming, or crediting, God and decided to rely on EVIDENCE to figure things out.

Show me your loving God?

The planes that flew into the buildings on 9/11 had hundreds of christians praying to god to see them thru safely... and a dozen muslims praying to God to help them kill all those people...

Whose prayers got answered?

Where is your loving God in that scenario? To heed the prayers of a dozen murderers over the prayers of hundreds of Christians? Their families and every feeling soul in America praying as well?

How big a shout, from how many throats, does it take to get this gracious good god to ACT?

You have no evidence whatsoever that your God gives a tinker's damn for any human being. For every team who prayed, and won, there is another team who prayed, and lost.

Everytime some religious imbecile, whose child was cured, claims that God answered their prayers... there is another mother, in that SAME hospital, fuming, because she prayed just as hard and her child died.

I can not bring myself to believe in a God who would answer one mother's prayers while denying another's over the lives of innocent children.

Such a God in not a god of love... he is the worst kind of cruel.

I would rather believe that there is no God to answer prayers... which at least makes life equitably random in its fairness....

...than have to look at with the pattern of those prayers people claim were answered...and those that clearly were not... and be forced to conclude, as any reasoning person would have to, that God is malicious in his grace.

If you had lived in the middle ages, watching 2/3 of your children sicken and die before age 12; having to live in constant pain from malnutrition, Working the land that belongs to someone else, and looking forward to being dead of parasitic infection by the age of 38... You would NOT have believed in a God of love, but in a wrathful and vengeful God... just like everyone else did back then.

You ,too would have seen plague as God's punishment for human wickedness.

Today... you would blame the bacillus actually responsible.
Why?
Because now you know better.

So, not only has Science and reason and the human effort to ONLY trust evidence made your life infinitely better, happier, healthier, longer, and more entertaining....

...Science is also responsible for you being able to smugly claim that you know God is only love.
He seems loving because life seems good.
A goodness built thru human effort and reason...

Pray all you please...
But prayer never built anything but a gallows.

Simba26

Just Browsing
Media
You say about 9/11 - god was with every single one of those people who was involved and he was right there giving them the oppurtunity to be saved, to live an eternal life.
You cant see wind but you know its there. You cant see electricity but you know its there and works.
I have seen healing and miracles of god before my very eyes.
When the second coming of Christ happens - all will see how great our god is :)

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just came out and i've always been a chrisitian. I was wondering some of your guys' beleifs. It scares me, the whole "your gay so your going to hell thing". I just want your guys' two cents, it will be appriciated, thanks.

How about hell is bull shit and so is anything else related to it because santy claus for grown ups just aint comin round, ya feel?

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You say about 9/11 - god was with every single one of those people who was involved and he was right there giving them the oppurtunity to be saved, to live an eternal life.
You cant see wind but you know its there. You cant see electricity but you know its there and works.
I have seen healing and miracles of god before my very eyes.
When the second coming of Christ happens - all will see how great our god is :)

I can't see wind, but I can DEMONSTRATE it is there via experiment.
I can come up with a "theory" based upon experimental results that will PREDICT the behavior of wind.

YOu have seen healing and miracles of God?

Really? Can you predict the next one?

You're the first person in the history of the world who can prove it was God and not their immune system?
Not medical intervention?
Not a combination thereof?

Gahead... supply your evidence...

Pray Tell... HOW does God choose who to heal and who to let die?

Prayer?

THis is exactly why this sanctimonious God nonsense is so revolting.

Let me explain to you how your belief in prayer, in a God who performs miracle cures, is evil.

Two christian pray to be healed... One gets better, the other dies.

YOU claim the healing was a miracle...

Okay, then what was the dying?

By claiming the healing was a miracle you are implying that the dead christian was undeserving of God's grace....

Was the dead christian's prayer not formatted correctly? Did they have sin whereas the survivor's slate was pristine?

Your silly and childish claims to miracle cures for one, makes all those who didn't get the miracle cure lesser christians... less holy, less a part of God's inner circle...
This is the inherent cruelty of make believe assignation of credit to God for only the good things.

The plain fact, my friend is that ON THOSE PLANES a dozen homicidal maniacs were pleading to God... and hundreds of Christians and Jews were pleading to God...

And God answered the prayers of the homicidal maniacs.

I have witnessed it with my own eyes...

The exact same proof you offer of God's healing I have offered of God's cruelty.

You claim that when folks pray to God and get what they pray for...that that is evidence that God Answers prayers...
...be that a prayer to survive an illness, or to create a spectacular explosion....
The one who gets their wish had their prayers answered by God.

God, according to your standard of evidence, is a terrorist.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Which version are you reading from?

Jesus specifically and unequivocally endorsed Mosaic Law anhd the the laws of the Prophets who came before him.

To wit

Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have not come to abolish these things but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth pass away not the smallest letter or stroke of a letter will pass from the law until everything takes place. So anyone who breaks one of the least of these commands and teaches others to do so will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever obeys them and teaches others to do so will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. (Mat 5:17-19)

IF you claim to be a Christian... you damn well ought to be familiar with ALL of his teachings.

This means you must stone sodomites... and, btw also kill any of your children who ever so much as hear of another God. Because that is what it says in leviticus.

And once again... there is ironclad proof that the story of the Stoning of the adultress was not in the original manuscript of the gospels... but was added hundreds of years later.

Apparently by a publicist.

Simba26

Just Browsing
Media
Im not gonna argue because you have no faith and all you see is the same thing the media see's in this world - hurt,pain,

Certainly my views or opinions are only giving you more angles to vent your anger and frustration so im sorry for that.

wankaholic

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think its important not to get too lost in specifics, because we end up arguing based upon which church we go to, or don't go to (raises a hand :S ) the bible is up for interpretation, which is why its good to get different views, pray about it, and then make sense of it.

As Clear said in an earlier post, Jesus died 2000 years ago, for ALL the sins of the world, If you have any doubts as to whether being gay is a sin, then you need to pray about it. If you have the slightest doubt then repent.

Jesus is the bridge to god, If he hadn't died and risen again, then every single person on this planet would be going to the lake of fire.

DON'T ARGUE ABOUT THE SPECIFICS...JESUS DIED FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD.

The one thing that I'm sure that any Christian on this forum would tell you, is that, if you believe that Jesus died on the cross for your sins, then your saved, you just have to accept that your sinning.(In all areas)

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That is such a crock of bullshit!... Jesus was crucified for political reasons, being an annoyance to the Romans and the Jewish establishment at the time.

Nothing more, and nothing less. It's all mythology.

Enjoy your sexuality and don't let the superstitious prudes get in your way.

Onan

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
except those times he shit on his own mother... told his followers he was here to bring a sword, or otherwise contradicted himself?

Dude, I doubt this will sink in since you're clearly pissed off whenever you come to this thread - no one who uses caps is being totally rational - but if you had four people writing the story of your life there would be lots of inconsistencies. Actually, dozens of people wrote the story and thousands more have translated it through the centuries. The consistent messages are love and respect. To me it doesn't matter if that's coming from Jesus, Dionysus, or Big Bird; I'm on that train.

I'm also on the train out of this jacked thread. Good luck with your life, OP.

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Each of us in our own way have tried to fit what we have come to understand about our individual sexual orientation into our whole life including the religious, political, and social and economic aspects of life. Each person tries to fit everything together so that the whole makes some sense. The OP asked for help saying he is gay and he is Christian. Yet, he understands that being gay is not harmonious with being Christian. Some of us have tried to point out that it is possible to be both Christian and gay, while others have been urging him to chuck his Christianity to eliminate the conflict he feels.
Those of us who read the Bible and understand that it is really a library of the thoughts of many have come to see that one cannot accept every word there as the "word of God". Respect for ourselves and for our Creator demands that we engage our whole selves in the effort to see ourselves in this universe.

I want, and I see others as wanting, my faith to be a setting in which my "heart, soul, and mind" are engaged. My faith provides a framework from which I operate. I see human sexuality as a wonderful gift from our Creator and I want to celebrate and nurture it in my life. It helps to be part of a faith community which accepts all persons whoever, whatever, or wherever they are in their life journey, which does not require the gay person to stop being gay. Most communities of faith which I know of do promote the responsible exercise of our sexuality.

The suggestion of some that religious faith has nothing constructive to offer someone who is struggling with issues surrounding his/her sexual orientation is to deflect the intended purpose of the question and is very contrary to the life experience of many others on this site.