Gay Roommate Attraction Dilema

fresh88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
So i just moved into my first college apartment/dorm on campus. I was the first to move-in and get settled. as roommates start to move-in, i hear a knock on the door, open it, and find a gorgeous 6'4", soft eyed roommate staring back at me. it is a lgbt apartent by choice so i knew that there might be attractive guys who could live here but we have spent the last two days together and i feel like i am falling for him. How do i maneuver this sensitive situation? We live in the same apartment but no the same room. We share kitchen, shower, toilet and living space. Are suitemates off limits because the close proximity or is he fair game? how do i approach him to inquire if the feeling is mutual?

tray22nc

Sexy Member
Media
Just get naked in front of him and he'll want to atleast "date" you!! lol

But seriously, if you are attracted to him, why not date him? (If he is interested in you as well, obviously...) But just be aware that if things don't work out, there could be awkwardness. If you don't at least put the vibe out there, you'll spend all year wondering and possibly missing out on something fun or something more than fun!
I say go for it! Just make sure when you guys hook up, you take pictures and show us! haha ;o)

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'd highly recommend going after some of the other guys at school, like the ones you WON'T still have to live with in case things go sour. The school year is just starting, and it will be a LONG nine months if you end up in some kind of awkward situation. Tough one. By the same token, going through nine months of high sexual tension won't be easy either! Since when did they start making special LGBT dorms? It seems like that concept alone is just inviting dilemmae like this to happen. I think your best choice is to play it cool at least for the first few weeks until you get to know each other. If you realize that you're both attracted to each other, then communicate openly about what might happen if you started to date and whether you'd both be ok living with each other if things didn't work out.

D_Ari_Hola

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just take it slow hang out with himm put ur self out there when u get out of the shower come out with just ur boxers on show off ur hot body ...good luck and keep us updated

fresh88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
ultimately my concern is the aformentioned...what happens if things go sour? i really do not want to date as i am aware of the endless opportunities that await. We have had such a great time together with endless conversation that i am feeling overwhelmingly attracted so early in the game. thanks for the marvelous input guys and the personal compliments. certainly unexpected to get such a warm response. i will keep updating...

fresh88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
btw...i came out of the shower in my boxer briefs within the first few hours that i knew him...he has seen what i have goin on. he seems interested but no overtly. My personality does not include shyness or self conciousness...

stickyboxers

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I say just drop hints and see how it goes. Don't be too obvious and take it easy. Like other people have said, you both are in the same area so it could get awkward if something unexpected happens. Or something good can come out of it.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
hang out, watch movies together, have a few beers

I say just drop hints and see how it goes. Don't be too obvious and take it easy. Like other people have said, you both are in the same area so it could get awkward if something unexpected happens. Or something good can come out of it.

Man4menu

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It sound like you're ready jump right on it!
live with him for awhile and hang out and see if he is someone you like to know better but if it where me I would hold off since you do have to live together.

Good Luck!
hope every thing goes your way... :smile:

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I realize that it may be hard to stop "falling" or him, but if you can relax around him a little and just enjoy each other, things will progress in a natural way. If you two just want to hook up, then that's another option. It's hard to know how relationships will develop. To use an old adage: let things just happen...rather than pushing them too much. Good luck.

louielouie82

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I dated my college roommate for nearly 3 years. Didn't have any problems. I graduated, and he still had a year left... that's when we split. You can always move housing, it's really not that difficult if it comes to that. Do what your heart/cock tells you to. College is meant for experimentation, learning, and falling flat on your face. Have fun!

K

kundalinikat

Definitely go for it, why not. Have him fall flat on your face, or fall flat on his ass.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Relationships with flatmates are dangerous. If you proceed, do so with caution (ie., if you decide to date, agree on how a post-break-up flat would work for you two).

Also, what happens if he's not attracted to you? I'm not suggesting anything :p Just saying.

fresh88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
well things have continued to develop. he asked me to breakfast this morning and we have been spending all of our time together. despite my current boy crush like emoitions, i like the suggestion to take it more slowly and see where it goes down the road. There are so many people to meet here...i dont want to get stuck in an ackward situation so early on. We have a huge lgbt social tomorrow moring. if i dont find anyone i'm interestd in there, maybe i will let him know how i feel. Last night we were "chatting" on his bed before we hugged goodnight. he's so damn cute.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
First, I don't think I would get into a "dating" situation, until you really get to know him (although it's sounding promising so far :wink:) What about opening the lines of interest and considering a NSA or FWB situation?

I just think that starting off "dating", just meeting, combined with being a roommate, could get you into an uncomfortable position. Being "there" for each other when "needed" might just be a better option, and could let you know for sure if this is a person that you would want to date, once you get to know each other.

Good Luck, and at least congrats on the eye candy :biggrin1: