gay saunas in london

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by jerkitout, Jan 6, 2009.

1. jerkitout

jerkitout Active Member

any young guys out there ever been to one? i really want some NSA fun but am rather picky and have heard that lots of old men frequent these places. is it wishful thinking that there will be hot 20something guys there?

2. lee1973i

lee1973i Member

Albums:
    There are several, there is Chariots near Liverpool Street station which is large and has a good mix of guy's nearly all the time (inc your 20 somethings :-( ) but at times it can feel like working at a meat market and a bit detached and clinical. Nice facilities though (pool, sauna's, Jacuzzi's, cabins and steam room). Probably the largest sauna in London.

There is the locker room in Kennington which I personally think is the best in London, very small with limited facilities (has sauna, steam room and cabins, no pool or jacuzzi), the staff and punters are friendly - one of the few sauna's where youcan have a conversation as well as some fun. Because its small it can be packed out and, or empty as a sinking ship. You need to go more than once to form an opinion. At the Locker Room they encourage you to go naked, but can wear a towell if you wish.

There is Pleasuredome near Waterloo station, very modern, wide age range of guy's, but in my opinion not that good, the majority of the staff speak poor English and popular with guy's high on drugs.

There are of course other sauna's, all differ and appeal to different types of guy's.

Good luck anyway mate, have fun but be safe at the same time - sauna's can be fun for NSA fun but remember there also an easy way to pick up some nasty STI's.

3. BiItalianBro

Gold Member

When you find that all 20-24 y/o with >4% body fat and at least 8 inches and clean sex-club, please let us know :rolleyes:

4. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    The Seymour Baths have a reputation for vain young twinks, if that's your thing.

5. jerkitout

jerkitout Active Member

do you find saunas seedy? is it full of confident types who just wana fuck you then move on to someone else or is it possible to actually have a convo with somebody and go slowly?

6. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:

They vary. Some are seedy and grubby (mostly out of the centre of town). Some are soulless and intimidating. I've found a lot depends on how you conduct yourself. There's alway some people "fucking and moving on", but that doesn't mean you have to. I've had some good conversations in the lounges and met some nice people, made good friends (with and without "benefits", lol) and once found a lover. :smile: I've also been known to leave when I don't like what's going on. :frown1: And sometimes I've had a whale of a (safe) time. :biggrin1: The thing is not to fall into the trap of getting desperate and lowering your standards (behavioural or otherwise).

My biggest gripe is when the facilities are not working properly. I don't mind not "scoring" as long as I can have a good steam or sauna. They're very cleansing and relaxing and enjoyable in themselves.

One thing I do like about them is the equality of dress. You're all just wearing towels. That can remove a lot of barriers between people and make for a relaxing environment.

Oh, and you probably will get hit on by men you don't fancy. Just turn them down with a smile an a polite "no thanks" and move away. Pestering or harrassment is very rare and justifies being ruder. Well, more assertive, shall we say.

7. Rico's thick 9

Rico's thick 9 New Member

i went to one bathhouse located on the way to the east end, which I cant remember the name of at the moment . the place was creepy and the men seemed weird as well. interesting experience. needless to say, I didn't stay long.

8. drowning deep

drowning deep New Member

Chariots by Liverpool station was quite big but the spa was not hot and there only seemed to be personal trainers there. Sweatbox was the other place I tried and I think the most interesting thing was walking thru the front door, everything else was pretty much a non-event. Maybe I sound like a serious critic but just what I noticed and I would try elsewhere before thinking to go back to these ones.

I got the feeling that the English do not fancy exotic men of colour. Oh well. was my bad luck that day!

Personal Trainers - this is my word for someone that makes you do all the work following them around the place for hours on end only to end up where you started - on your own. I've known plenty in my time.

Draft saved Draft deleted