gay-selective abortion

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_Grind, Aug 5, 2009.

1. B_Grind

B_Grind New Member

apparently they are almost able to isolated a gene that predisposes towards homosexuality that can be detected in utero. What do you think about abortions being selected this way

2. gibguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Why the hell would anyone want to abort a child because of this so called gay gene?! Things are getting a little out of hand with sexuality....would you abort a child cos they might be straight? This is just plain dumb and I dont think any so called parent would want to abort child if he/she had this gene?

The whole process is sick to me!!

3. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

If someone wanted to abort a child because it was going to be gay, then they shouldn't really be having children in the first place.

4. B_Grind

B_Grind New Member

maybe they dont want a gay one, are you anti-choice or something

5. midlifebear

Gold Member

Shades of Nazi Germany. An educated compassionate member of the human race would never even consider posing such a ludicrous question. Go crawl back under the mossy wet rock you escaped from.

6. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

I think you're shooting the messenger, Midlifebear. It's a legitimate question.

7. midlifebear

Gold Member

If you don't want a gay child, put it up for adoption so decent loving parents can care for it. Are you going to abort a fetus because it's a girl and you want a boy? Maybe you should reconsider your own role as a member of the human race and eliminate yourself. You obviously haven't a compassionate sense of humanity. Gay gene or no, homosexuality is not a disease that needs to be wiped out of the population. As for you, however, I'm not so sure.

8. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

I don't think the OP was advocating that kind of abortion. He was just saying it might be an issue we have to deal with if that gene is conclusively identified in utero.

I agree that anyone who *does* abort a child for that reason is a piece of liquid shit.

9. B_Grind

B_Grind New Member

so are you guys anti choice

10. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

If it became possible to identify a gay child in the womb and abort it, then yes, at that point I would probably become anti-choice.

11. gibguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    This is not a case of antichoice.................its medical science going too far!

12. B_Grind

B_Grind New Member

so abortion is only bad if the baby is gay?

13. midlifebear

Gold Member

Ah, so you want to engage pro choice folks into a lame game of right or wrong. Based on what? Your superior moral character? Sigh. Yet another visitor to LPSG who is off his meds and wishes to play troll -- not devil's advocate, but troll. Please go back under your bridge and clean up your trail of troll excrement as you leave.

14. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

No, it's bad when it becomes a tool for people to eliminate harmless genetic variations from the face of the earth, because of their cultural/religious prejudices.

If you were asking tough questions I'd get pissed off at you like Midlifebear, but so far you can be answered really easily.

15. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
  16. ImLuke

ImLuke New Member

Abortion is not wrong if it is for the RIGHT reasons. I think that if they can detect genetic diseases like sickle cell anaemia and cystic fibrosis, that would cause the child to suffer and live a short life. Then abortion in those circumstances may be justified, also in cases where the mother may be unable to raise the child, it may be appropriate if no adoptive couples can be found. However, to abort a child simply because it may be homosexual is not a legitimate reason as the child would still be able to live a full, productive and happy life. I totally agree that it is a step toward the ideals of nazi germany to consider something like that. I swear, with medical science as advanced as it is, if the nazis had risen in a society of today, they would probably acheive the nazis idea of a 'master race'

17. midlifebear

Gold Member

Troll Chow mainly consists of unicorns, rainbows, and puppy farts. Therefore, I'm sending my budget for Troll Chow to sponsor the World Children's Fund.

18. PrincessBlueEyez

PrincessBlueEyez New Member

Albums:
    Yeh, but what if they're wrong, and this isnt a gay gene, its a brown hair gene, or mash potatoe liking gene?

imo, messing with genes to try to create a perfect child opens up a whole new can of worms we dont want to mess with.

Oh, and I dont believe in abortion either,and thankfully neither did my mom, or I woudlnt be here today, long story.

19. Penis Aficionado

Gold Member

x

20. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Well, as it is now, a woman can abort for any reason through the second trimester. So to your hypothetical question, yes, some women will abort a gay fetus. They do it now for no reason at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted