• Don't-Wanna-Be-Gay

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Can I say that in the few weeks I've come to see Marley's presence in this place, I've gone from extreme to extreme in feelings towards him.

Today, I'm actually surprised at the amount of restraint he's used in this thread and the other one which I'm assuming was posted in response to this one.

The gross exaggerations and openly derrogatory remarks have simmered down quite a bit, but I do still feel a little put off by this thread.

Yes, your observations and ideas about the "types" of men who float between sexual orientations were pretty spot on; however, in noting that these threads are proliferated throughout this forum, so are responses like the OP.

Everyone's opinion should be heard if they have one, but sometimes your opinion has already been expressed and thus the need for another thread to say the same thing is quite repetitive.

What I've come to realize (and I have said this before) but, these questions won't stop ever, because there's always going to be someone with the same "problem" finding out about our little shindig and feels like they are the only one going through it. The best thing to be done would be a FAQ section at the beginning of each forum so that when a new person joins, they can see what questions have already been discussed ad nauseum.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
they don't have to because, supposedly, heterosexuality is natural.

Lol, here is the whole problem with your understanding of gay people. Homosexuality is as naturel as hetrosexuality. To think other wise is to invite harsh comment. Furthermore, Hetrosexuality doesn't exempt you from anything. If you can ask a question about homosexuality then the same question can be asked about hetrosexuality.

Understand this point and you might not get barked at so badly!

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Lol, here is the whole problem with your understanding of gay people. Homosexuality is as naturel as hetrosexuality. To think other wise is to invite harsh comment. Furthermore, Hetrosexuality doesn't exempt you from anything. If you can ask a question about homosexuality then the same question can be asked about hetrosexuality.

do you guys think i'm straight?? seriously i cannot tell you how much i'm NOT. and i'm not advocating that straight is normal, gay isn't, just mentioning one of the many views on homosexuality. just because i'm gay doesn't mean i don't pay attention to views that oppose it, i listen to all sides of an argument, which is why i started a poll because me and my friends have discussed this several times (the discussion began a few weeks ago when 20/20 aired a show talking about how doctors are looking for a "gay gene" to determine if homosexuality is genetic). speaking to my friends i realized that everyone isn't as comfortable with their homosexuality as i am. i hold (when i have one) my bf's hand in public, i don't bite my tongue so people will think i'm str8, but i've got friends who want partners that respect their privacy (the downlow category) and i've got friends who are unhappy with their homosexuality and haven't decided yet if this is a lifestyle they want to pursue. once again i fail to see the offense in the poll, i could learn though if someone could explain it to me without calling me a douche or any other puerile nicknames

apple jack daniels

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
you're obviously confusing me with some sort of widespread totaltarian survey which this is not, i'm simply asking the men of this forum where they stand or where they are coming from as far as their sexuality, what's the harm in that?? they're not categories, they're explanations. you're obviously hyper-sensitive and looking for somebody to look down on from your almighty throne

It is a pretty nice throne, isn't it? But if that was the point, why create the goofy categories, and then make a poll, about something that many people clearly take very personally? Why wouldn't you just post the topic, explain yourself a little, and then let people talk?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It is a pretty nice throne, isn't it? But if that was the point, why create the goofy categories, and then make a poll, about something that many people clearly take very personally? Why wouldn't you just post the topic, explain yourself a little, and then let people talk?

what are we on this site for if not to speak about personal issues?? and what different does the format make?? poll or forum either way they're voicing their side and just because i did a poll doesn't mean they can't talk

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
and what about those of us that are bi but prefer men to women?
90% gay/10% straight? You're gay, stop kidding yourself. :rolleyes:

It's the second last "melodramatic gay" option.:biggrin1:
Good call! :lmao:

actually i'm all about the penis lol. haven't touched a female since i moved to north carolina which was in 04
We could tell. Most men who don't post their sexual preference on this site are gay or bi.

He needs to proofread his posts so that people will want to discuss his posted topic(s). As it is now, he is just stirring the pot, which nobody likes even if they agree with him.

That's what I was just saying.:cool:

what are we on this site for if not to speak about personal issues?? and what different does the format make?? poll or forum either way they're voicing their side and just because i did a poll doesn't mean they can't talk
It's the style and manner in which you post your ideas and thoughts that makes all the difference in the world. You know this, yet you persist in being argumenatative and abrupt if not flat out rude. :rolleyes: How's that working for you?