Gay straight guys (comedy skit from MadTV)

If you laughed at this skit, what made it funny to you? (check all that apply)

• I didn't think it was funny. (please describe why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
no...I was referring to the "so what if we made out, etc., we can't be gay" part in the beginning...

Ah, I think I see what you mean.

It's kind of funny - I don't think a guy is gay just because he gets a blowjob from another guy, but if two guys are making out - well...uh...then it would be a little harder to make the argument that there's not at least a little bit of gay attraction there.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
:rofl:

went with other. personal truth = humor.

i laughed my rump off. mostly because that is just about how i hooked up with my current boyfriend. swap out sports with several heated halo marathons. boom. i like boys!!!!

they make a cute couple. Ike Barenholtz is so a bottom. and i bet his love heavy nipple play.

ML

all the comic books and bad horror movie quoting so didn't help my resolve.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To me although they kept using the word "gay" to describe themselves, the most interesting part of the whole skit was that the two guys seem to really be attracted to each other, so there was a lot of whistling from the audience. It had an erotic/romantic feel to it which made it also exciting as well as funny. They seemed to kiss and get together in a real way. That's what made it not only funny but cool.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
the most interesting part of the whole skit was that the two guys seem to really be attracted to each other, so there was a lot of whistling from the audience.

Yeah, I know! That's partially what made it so intriguing to me too. There was an interesting combination of reactions from the audience - all coming at the same time: laughter, squealing, moaning, etc.

It's pretty fascinating that, even with all of the exposure that the public has had to homosexuality in the news, seeing homosexual behavior - even fake homo interaction like in this skit! - still pushes peoples' buttons like almost nothing else.

I actually find it really amusing and entertaining that people still get so excited about it - especially when they're encouraged to laugh. I like to look at it from a straight guy's perspective - I guess it's still so foreign to so many guys, or they maybe feel like they have to react that way in front of their friends. I guess I'm unusual, but it makes me smile and laugh a little to think about how some of them are so easily grossed out. :tongue:

I just wonder how long it's going to last. In 20 years, will people still squeal and get so excited when they see two guys kissing?

Last edited:

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Mark,
I think a lot had to do with the two guys they picked for the skit, how they had them kiss a lot, and how they reacted to the experience. If the guys were less attractive, and more gross sexually, I think the audience would have reacted differently. The way the actors played it, it was just like a guy and girl going at it, so to me that's why it's more interesting and exciting. In Europe these days you see a lot of homo erotic advertising and film. People aren't really fazed by it any more. It's getting that way here in the USA more and more.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mark,
I think a lot had to do with the two guys they picked for the skit, how they had them kiss a lot, and how they reacted to the experience. If the guys were less attractive, and more gross sexually, I think the audience would have reacted differently.

Yep, I agree. As I watched and heard the reactions from the men in the audience, I wondered how many of them were a little turned on by it, or perhaps even reminded of feelings they've had for their male friends.

If the guys had been unattractive, I also think about how my reaction might have been different. I wouldn't have found it as fun to watch, and I might have even felt like it was anti-gay. I still see comments on message boards that suggest a lot of straight people believe gay guys are all ugly or have small dicks. It's just ignorance, of course, but I would prefer to not see those stereotypes propagated.

Human sexuality is an endlessly fascinating topic to me. :smile: